Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Joe Cole: Less effective then Voronin

Read 7036 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Joe Cole: Less effective then Voronin
      Reply #46: Mar 12, 2011 11:14:41 am
      A less than positive analogy, Cole's signing was welcomed by the majority but due to injury he has not had the opportunity to realise the potential we know is there. What the lad needs is a sustained run of appearences to rebuild his confidence, that would be a preferred situation to the only other choice which is of course to get rid - Rednapp would welcome him with open arms.
      To get back to the analogy Cole has been here a few months and the potential is there, Voronin was here nearly three years and was consistently sh*t during the whole time - alright just to give him some credit he might have had a good 10 minutes now and then.
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #47: Mar 12, 2011 11:20:02 am
      Discuss the above

England international with big rep arrives on big wages and does fook all.

If you had a choice of him in your side or the much maligned Voronin who would you choose? Who offerred more in the red shirt

Voronin took some savage stick in his time here but for me he was far more useful then Cole has been at all this season

Voronin started his Anfield career far better than Cole and he scored some crucial goals too but after he broke his leg in the training he was a shadow. The same as cole. He is a shodow of his past. His injury record is annoying.
      Anyway i think Voronin was better than Cole.
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #48: Mar 12, 2011 11:24:18 am
      Would like to see some youngsters gettinga  run out in front of him.

Completely agree with you. Pacheco and Suso are far better than him. At least the are still young and they can improve themselves by getting some games under their belts.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #49: Mar 12, 2011 12:14:29 pm
      Maybe he has been less effective. But i really hope the club give him time. He has shown tiny glimpses of his past brilliance and i thought against Braga, he actually played quite well. I don't think he will ever get to the level he has become accustomed to in the past but if he can provide us with any kind of quality, i will be happy. Hope we give him time.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 12, 2011 01:16:45 pm
      But would you drop Gerrard or Meireles?
      I'd personally give him another chance. Play him and Suarez behind the main striker in free roles and let them create the creative side of our game for the rest of PL games:
                Meireles - Luicas - Gerrard
                      Suarez      Cole
                             Carroll.
       If doesn't impress there time to move on I think.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #51: Mar 12, 2011 09:00:43 pm
      Was very happy when Joe Cole signed but so dissapointed in what i have seen, will he improve no not in my opinion, sorry but so far nowhere near good enough

Quick Reply