Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jose Enrique (Newcastle United)

Read 73996 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Jose Enrique (Newcastle United)
      Reply #69: Apr 11, 2011 02:05:51 pm
      If Thommo, a veteran of the Liverpool Way, is coming out and saying this now, then expect to see Enrique in The Famous Red next season.
      Fowler_is_God
      • Banned

• 27 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 11, 2011 02:44:47 pm
      Actually Ashley Cole is better than Baines, which is why he plays ahead of him for England!

ashley cole is a better footballer than baines yes.

Currently though, based on this season, Baines is the best full back in the league IMO. Nobody else has come anywhere near close, adding Cole, Evra, anybody else to that.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Apr 11, 2011 04:20:18 pm
      I consider Enrique a top left back in the Prem. Good all around, and the thing I like the best is that he's a strong athlete. He won't get bullied around by some of the teams with more powerful players out on the right. I'd be very pleased with him in the side.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #72: Apr 11, 2011 04:22:24 pm
      Actually Ashley Cole is better than Baines, which is why he plays ahead of him for England!

Plus right now when he comes back from injury, I'd be happy with Johnson carrying on playing there, he's done very well since he moved over from right back and reminds me of the job Rob Jones did, when McAteer was bought.

Loved Rob Jones now he was a Player
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Apr 11, 2011 05:07:14 pm
      ashley cole is a better footballer than baines yes.

Currently though, based on this season, Baines is the best full back in the league IMO. Nobody else has come anywhere near close, adding Cole, Evra, anybody else to that.

Agreed
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #74: Apr 12, 2011 10:11:02 am
      Just heard this, although I think the £15 million being quoted is a bit steep. What we trying to do, keep Newcastle sportsdirect.com afloat!!

;)
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #75: Apr 12, 2011 12:20:06 pm
      in fairness thompson never actually said 15 mill...and if they are in norway they may be talking euros?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #76: Apr 12, 2011 01:26:15 pm
      in fairness thompson never actually said 15 mill...and if they are in norway they may be talking euros?

That is still £13.3m or there abouts. Still think it is quite steep. Between £8-10m would be a more reasonable fee.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #77: Apr 12, 2011 01:41:38 pm
      I think he's a good defender and also good at going forward, but he's not liverpool material. Our objective is to finish with a place in Europe, we need to be aiming for better talent like Taiwo, cissokho, coentrao etc. He'd be only awesome and stand out in a mid tabled team like newcastle.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #78: Apr 12, 2011 01:41:44 pm
      Anything over 10 is a bit steep! It seems Kenny /Damien are really concerned with getting in players who are already battle-hardened from the Premiership! I reckon 5 million plus Konchesky is about right! In fairness Konchesky has been a LB at premiership level for years and maybe he'd be decent with Newcastle.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #79: Apr 12, 2011 01:56:42 pm
      I think he's a good defender and also good at going forward, but he's not liverpool material. Our objective is to finish with a place in Europe, we need to be aiming for better talent like Taiwo, cissokho, coentrao etc. He'd be only awesome and stand out in a mid tabled team like newcastle.

You could of said that about Carroll. The other argument is that he would be even better playing with better players
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #80: Apr 12, 2011 02:30:22 pm
      I do hope this isn't one of Comolli's mad gambles.

Enrique has been good this season but i have doubts over his consistency, having said that though he'll bolster our options which is always good. With him, Glen and Fabio(assuming he's still with us next season) being able to fill the LB spot it'll provide us with depth.

We all know Glen can play RB or LB so with Kelly back and Flanagan showing great promise last night i think it might be a good signing.
      Herman Blume
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #81: Apr 12, 2011 02:35:06 pm
      Is Enrique not on a freebie at the end of the season?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #82: Apr 12, 2011 03:10:21 pm
      Is Enrique not on a freebie at the end of the season?

No, he would be on a free at the end of next season. Meaning he has 12 months left this summer.
      Herman Blume
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 12, 2011 04:13:22 pm
      No, he would be on a free at the end of next season. Meaning he has 12 months left this summer.

Not a hope of anyone splashing 15m on him this summer then.

I would love to see Coentrao in a Liverpool jersey, having Raul here can only help that.

But given the chance, Baines everytime for me.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #84: Apr 12, 2011 04:25:36 pm
      Not a hope of anyone splashing 15m on him this summer then.

I would love to see Coentrao in a Liverpool jersey, having Raul here can only help that.

But given the chance, Baines everytime for me.

is there any chance Everton would let Baines join us and also would he even want to come?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #85: Apr 12, 2011 04:49:38 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #86: Apr 12, 2011 04:53:41 pm

Should be a lot less than 15m then if that's the case.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Apr 12, 2011 05:50:35 pm
      People saying Lawerson has said it is a done deal as well
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Apr 12, 2011 06:11:59 pm
      People saying Lawerson has said it is a done deal as well

Yeah, he said it on twitter.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #89: Apr 13, 2011 06:13:37 pm
      TalkSPORT saying AC Milan flying to Newcastle to finish an 11m move for Enrique.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #90: Apr 14, 2011 05:26:10 am
      There's rumors flying all over the place with him. Nobody will know what is going on until summer rolls around.

But if you think about it, Thompson wouldn't just come out of the blue and say it is a done deal. He had to of had some kind of source or something that tipped him to believe we have signed him. Even though Newcastle denied it, this was what he said.

“There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%,”

I am interpreting it as Liverpool have made an offer, and Newcastle are going to think about it til summer to see if Enrique will sign a new deal, unless it's an offer they can't refuse. They have said they wish to keep him that is why I don't believe the deal is done. But if Enrique wants to leave, I'm sure a deal would already be in place and the transaction would be done quickly.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #91: Apr 17, 2011 12:53:31 am
      Ok i know it's from The People and is probably about as reliable as Michael Owen's knees but still.....

Newcastle want Spearing swap for Enrique
      NEWCASTLE will test just how much Liverpool want left-back Jose Enrique by insisting that promising young Reds midfielder Jay Spearing moves the other way.

PEOPLE SPORT revealed on April 3 that Kop boss Kenny Dalglish was keen to hijack Enrique’s planned move to AC Milan, who remain favourites to take the speedy Spain defender to Serie A.

Liverpool have not been put off – but they might be if Newcastle insist on Wirral-born Spearing, 22, as part of any deal.

He has come on in leaps and bounds under Dalglish in the absence of injured skipper Steven Gerrard.

Toon manager Alan Pardew insists that, despite reports coming out of Merseyside, no deal has been struck with Liverpool for Enrique, 25, whose contract at St James’ Park has one more season to run.

But he is resigned to losing the Spaniard. Newcasle chief scout Graham Carr took in two matches in France last weekend – one involving Toulouse and their France Under-21 star Cheikh M’Bengue.

Sources say Toulouse have already rejected a £5m bid from Newcastle for the 22-year-old left-back.

I'd say F**k off personally.

Quick Reply