Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jon Flanagan (Liverpool > Rangers)

Read 142349 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Jon Flanagan Player Thread
      Reply #460: Mar 22, 2014 12:38:08 am
      Made up for Jon..

He reminds me of a young Carra in his first year or so in and around the first team squad. If he can reach half of what Carra did we will all be very proud of him.

Well in Jonluca Flanbrotta
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #461: Mar 22, 2014 08:38:15 am
      Always had this special feeling when one of our own scousers makes it to the first team.
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #462: Mar 22, 2014 09:19:42 am
      Being Irish this is a viewpoint I could get behind!! http://newstalk.ie/Martin-ONeill-wants-Liverpools-Flanagan-for-Ireland
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #463: Mar 22, 2014 09:22:03 am
      Flanno for Ireland  :f_whistle:       ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #464: Mar 22, 2014 09:37:02 am
      :lmao:

Indeed mate and if you take young Jonluca's performance on Sunday, along with that of - Glenikja Johnsonivic, Dany Sturridgeinho, Raheem Sterlingomi, Stefan Gerrardelli, Jordy Hendersonola and Jose Allenita... you now know why people were right to question the club's 'Brit players' policy.

Thank F**k we never took that route; eh?  ;D

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #465: Mar 30, 2014 07:59:46 pm

Lucas is saying "whenever you want to come to Anfield watch a game just let me know, captain. It will be an honour"
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #466: Mar 30, 2014 08:05:11 pm
      Flanno is worth his place purely because he tackles like a F***ing combine harvester. You go in one end and come out totally shredded
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #467: Mar 30, 2014 08:11:11 pm
      Not sure what I prefer, that tackle, or the turn for Coutinho's goal.

The lad must be living the dream. A young lad, playing football for the club you support every week, getting a bit of money for it & probably has the pick of women at the weekend!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #468: Mar 30, 2014 09:26:44 pm
      Immense again today was young Jon.  You can tell he's just loving it out there and the Anfield crowd seems to increase his ability with every game.

If he ever gets dropped it'll be for one hell of a player, as Brendan said the other week he's saved him £20m for a new fb  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #469: Mar 30, 2014 09:29:35 pm
      Immense again today was young Jon.  You can tell he's just loving it out there and the Anfield crowd seems to increase his ability with every game.

If he ever gets dropped it'll be for one hell of a player, as Brendan said the other week he's saved him £20m for a new fb  ;D

It was nice to see him bounce back to outstanding standards after a relatively poor game, one of the signs of a good player when you can do that in my opinon.

Think he was decent for the first half but nothing outstanding but that 2nd half was the best I've seen him for us without doubt.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #470: Mar 30, 2014 09:43:49 pm
      It was nice to see him bounce back to outstanding standards after a relatively poor game, one of the signs of a good player when you can do that in my opinon.

Think he was decent for the first half but nothing outstanding but that 2nd half was the best I've seen him for us without doubt.

He's a big game player Luke, not in a 'team' sense but his immediate opponent.  When he knows he's up against a really good player he's able to raise his game and nullify the threat.  How many times have we said he had such and such in his pocket all game.

He may lack the attacking flair of Glen rampaging down the line but he's comfortable with the ball, he can pass, rarely loses the ball, reads the game very well and more than makes up for what he lacks with his defensive duties.

I like him and as you know, I believe he'll be another Carra for the Club and that's never a bad thing  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #471: Mar 30, 2014 10:19:17 pm
      Good game today, made good decisions almost everytime with the ball and that turn to start off the move that ended in Coutinho's goal....spendid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #472: Mar 30, 2014 10:37:36 pm

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #473: Mar 30, 2014 11:17:31 pm
      Loved that hard challenge into Soldado, the lad didn't know what hit him and landed on his head.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #474: Mar 30, 2014 11:49:53 pm
      The boy is a fooking gem absolutely love him
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #475: Mar 30, 2014 11:58:42 pm
      I could watch that tackle all day.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #476: Mar 31, 2014 12:23:14 am
      That Cafu tweet is amazing, official as well although could he have been talking about Johnson seen as Cafu was a RB?

Anyways Flanno in what I've seen of the game so far (blame she who brought me into the world for not having seen it live) looks really assured and as hard as nails in the tackle. I also thought he had a solid game in midweek bar the goal which was not entirely his fault.

From what I've seen of him I think he can be a stalwart in this side for years to come, he could save Rodgers millions in the LB position because I think there's a case to suggest him backed up with Enrique is good enough. I also can't believe how natural he looks in that position given he's right footed.

I could sing his praises all day. I just hope he doesn't become the classic scapegoat where by every time he makes an error or has a wobbly patch we get on his back which seems to happen more readily with academy players when the opposite should be the case.

Congratulations on your breakthrough season Flanno. Get that PL medal, sign a new contract and become a legend of the club. YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #477: Mar 31, 2014 06:40:54 am
      Meh Cafu.

Flanagan however.... Fantastic game!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #478: Mar 31, 2014 06:48:36 am
      That Cafu tweet is amazing, official as well although could he have been talking about Johnson seen as Cafu was a RB?

I was thinking that myself mate. Just seen our resident Brazilian's post from the match thread though, which explains the story:

Yep! Days ago Cafu commented that many people were telling him to watch Liverpool cause we had the "RedCafu". And now he is watching LFC and praising our Flanno!

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #479: Mar 31, 2014 08:44:28 am
      I love the way he tackles! The aggressivity but he still manages to avoid getting the player.  :scarf: Robinson tackles with this kind of confidence too.
      It would be so awesome if we have Flanno, Robbo and Kelly playing as our fullbacks in 2/3 years at a very good level. I bet at least one of these 3 will be a starter in 2/3years.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #480: Mar 31, 2014 10:24:48 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #481: Mar 31, 2014 10:36:41 am

That was quite possibly my favourite moment of the match.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #482: Mar 31, 2014 10:37:33 am

Quick Reply