Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC E-Season ticket - Worth it?

Read 3858 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      LFC E-Season ticket - Worth it?
      Aug 09, 2007 12:20:21 am
      Well the season is almost upon us which means I've got 2 and a bit days to get what I've wanted for a long time......yep an e-season ticket.

Living in Australia, we don't get to see behind the scenes at the club, the press conferences and player interviews. Now also that LFCTV is starting, I thought it may be a great time to get it.

What I wanted to know from anyone who has it, is whether it is worth it or not? It is 44.99 GBP which works out to approx: $106.22 AUD  for 12 months or 4.49 GBP a month which is $10.59AUD monthly. Obviously it works out cheaper to pay the whole 12 months upfront. Will I get value 4 money though. I wanted to know whether the official lfc.tv site has any LIVE games...the reason being is that down here we will get a lot of LFC games but not all of them and I want to watch every one of them. I know we have the streams put on here for links to games but I'm not always successful in getting into them. I'm thinking if the e-season ticket shows it, I won't have any probs with buffering or any technical difficulties because it's an official site.

Do you guys and girls, especially in England have an e-season ticket? it's a fair bit of money for me but I don't get to go to any games so I think this is the next best alternative and after I hear your thoughts, if any, I'll decide whether to purchase one or not.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2007 12:42:28 am by JD, Reason: Title changed »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Re: E-SEASON ticket???
      Reply #1: Aug 09, 2007 12:42:03 am
      Well worth getting. Not sure about prices over in Oz but you wouldn't even get two beers in town for the cost of a month.

Extended highlights of the games, and they have Live coverage of the games.  Living in Oz especially you will probably find being able to watch on-demand highlights decent for the games you can't watch cos you have to do the whole sleep thing!

I'd recommend it.

It's a pity you don't live in the UK as they are still giving you a year free with the e-season ticket when you register your LFC Credit Card
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/store/liverpool-fc-credit-card.html

Go for it I say AussieRed
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      Re: LFC E-Season ticket - Worth it?
      Reply #2: Aug 09, 2007 12:58:14 am
      thanks JD, definitely considering it...and also thanks for tweaking with the subject heading...I think it makes for much more interesting reading now....cheers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Aug 09, 2007 07:56:44 am
      Rather pay for Foxtel and watch all games on your tv plus other channels. I suppose though, one month of foxtel is worth one year of e-season (best package).
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 09, 2007 02:05:55 pm
      What is Foxtel????
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Aug 09, 2007 02:20:18 pm
      I'm too thinking of getting the e-season ticket, as I only have Freeview and can not get the LFC channel, but for £39 a year you can not really grumble can you. One question, what quality are the videos and screen size? are they similar to YouTube?

Foxtel is an Oz based Cable company www.foxtel.com.au
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Aug 09, 2007 04:23:06 pm
      I'm too thinking of getting the e-season ticket, as I only have Freeview and can not get the LFC channel, but for £39 a year you can not really grumble can you. One question, what quality are the videos and screen size? are they similar to YouTube?

Same size as youtube, you can make it full screen but the picture quality's crap.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Aug 09, 2007 05:08:32 pm
      Its definately worth it, the info on the site is second to none and it has a nice little flash window in which you can add documentary stuff to a playlist for windows media player or Real Player. You also get chances to win tickets and other goodies aswell as downloads of unique interviews and other info. IT cost 4 quid a month and in my opion is worth every penny.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 09, 2007 05:13:05 pm
      Definitely worth every penny.  I think I'd go mad during the summer break without being able to go back and watch old games, and get my football fix!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: Aug 09, 2007 05:16:00 pm
      I might give it a go, plus you get a better chance of getting a ticket for the game, well earlier chance don't you?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      Reply #10: Aug 10, 2007 12:59:17 am
      thanks for everyone's input...it's looking like a done deal...
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Aug 10, 2007 11:33:03 am

Foxtel is the aussie equivalent to sky. What do you aussies think of the new interactive setup on foxsports?? It means we will never miss a Liverpool premiership match ever again, well on television anyway because you will be able to press the red button and choose any match you want, whether or not it is the exclusive match being shown on foxsports. You guys definitely have way more matches shown on tele than the folks in the UK.

And as for the e-season ticket, I reckon it would be great for a behind the scenes look at the club and for a lot of info, but if it's for watching the games, then there is no need with this new foxsports gismo!! ;)
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #12: Aug 10, 2007 02:56:34 pm
      Most of the worthwhile footage from the E-season ticket ends up on YouTube anyway.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2007 03:09:19 am
      Foxtel is the aussie equivalent to sky. What do you aussies think of the new interactive setup on foxsports?? It means we will never miss a Liverpool premiership match ever again, well on television anyway because you will be able to press the red button and choose any match you want, whether or not it is the exclusive match being shown on foxsports. You guys definitely have way more matches shown on tele than the folks in the UK.

And as for the e-season ticket, I reckon it would be great for a behind the scenes look at the club and for a lot of info, but if it's for watching the games, then there is no need with this new foxsports gismo!! ;)

Hey Matt, read this in the paper yesterday and now Foxtel have confirmed it in their promos for the games this weekend. You should have seen the smile on my face. i was at work and emailed the article to everyone who likes the game...they were as wrapped as I was. Can't believe it....the 1st thing I thought of was....do I now need an e-season ticket.....decisions, decisions??

Most of the worthwhile footage from the E-season ticket ends up on YouTube anyway.

I didn't know that, Bootle Buck...so are you saying ALL of the press conferences are on you tube?....They wouldn't have player interviews, like after a match on there would they?....these are the thought of things that makes me want to get an e-season ticket ....and what's LFCTV all about? I'm thinking of getting it especially for those two reasons. Can any one give me more info on LFCTV?? This might help me make up my mind once and for all.

Now I'm seriously confused. Lots of pros, not too many cons ???

Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2007 09:56:09 am
      I didn't say all stuff but most of the worthwhile stuff like...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=100+players+who+shook+the+kop

and

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=20%20moments%20that%20shaped%20the%20rafalution&search=Search

Can't speak for all the press conferences but I don't think they'll end up there if no-one thinks they are worthwhile putting up.

But if you look on LFC.tv this morning they advertise 3 new interviews one of which have already made it onto the tube like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0lI3UTRJQc

I am not in any way trying to talk anyone out of subscribing it was just an observation that a lot of stuff tends to end up there. Although I'm sure a lot of stuff doesn't.

I'd take the opinion of someone who subscribes to the service, which I don't. I was merely pointing out that you can find some stuff past and present on youtube

Cheer

Quick Reply