Trending Topics

What is our priority this summer?

Read 7484 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: What is our priority this summer?
      Reply #23: Feb 28, 2011 03:16:26 pm
      What do you mean, by how the revene streams will change ?

New TV deals, streaming, PPV - apparently it all adds up to a lot more money than we currently get.

I think each club gets £50 million, with the rights to russia and china still to be sold.
      Add PPV and live streaming to that, for some markets, and it all adds up to a pretty penny.

Combine that with the work being done in the far east, and we could have a pot of gold - I just haven't seen any projected figures for net or PPV for overseas markets.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #24: Feb 28, 2011 04:33:09 pm
      Rodallega is sh*t. no thanks
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Feb 28, 2011 04:37:21 pm

He's better then Kuyt and N'gog. Would be available for cheap if Wigan get relegated. He's scored 7 this season in a very poor Wigan team. Kuyt has scored 4 with 2 being from the penalty spot and 1 lucky goal against Newcastle. I think he'll be a very useful addition to the squad. Goals not from Europa league. And Rodallega has only played 1 game more.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 04:49:23 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,653 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Feb 28, 2011 04:47:28 pm
                                    Reina

Kelly/Glen   Carra/Skrtel     Agger/Wilson     Izaguirre

M'Vila         Banega/Valencia

Suarez                 Pastore                      Young

Carroll

Leave Pastore as Gerrard/Meireles for next year.
      Going off that my three key signings would be LB, LW, CDM
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2011 04:50:49 pm
      Palermo want around 80 million for Pastore. Until they drop their price by 40-50 million then he won't be available.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2011 04:50:49 pm
      He's better then Kuyt and N'gog. Would be available for cheap if Wigan get relegated. He's scored 7 this season in a very poor Wigan team. Kuyt has scored 4 with 2 being from the penalty spot and 1 lucky goal against Newcastle. I think he'll be a very useful addition to the squad. Goals not from Europa league. And Rodallega has only played 1 game more.

Would much rather have a world class player
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,653 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2011 04:53:48 pm
      Palermo want around 80 million for Pastore. Until they drop their price by 40-50 million then he won't be available.
      Leave Pastore as Gerrard/Meireles for next year.
      Going off that my three key signings would be LB, LW, CDM
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2011 04:55:24 pm
      I think we need to strip the squad of players that don't cut it here, and major investment and chances for youth players over the next few years are the answer. Personally I think we need a spare left back, another centre back, wingers on both sides, a central midfielder and another striker to fill up the team. If we can buy ourselves another striker, wingers and left back, that leaves room for the likes of Wilson, Shelvey, Spearing, Pacheco and Eccleston to progress.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2011 04:56:00 pm
      Clear out the sh*t.

Buy decent players.

Simple thing. ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #32: Feb 28, 2011 04:56:44 pm

Would much rather have a world class player

World class player as a third choice striker? We haven't got a bottom pit of money where we can get loads of 20 million signings just to put on the bench. We might in the coming years but wingers, center midfielder and a left back is far more important then a bench striker. I think Rodallega will be very good squad player.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2011 04:57:38 pm
      Defense has to be a priority.  LB, DCM and possibly CB.

If we can shore up the defense we can afford to use the youngsters for the more creative/attacking positions.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #34: Feb 28, 2011 07:25:06 pm
      WINGERS AND C/B AND LB.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2011 09:25:16 pm
      Clear out the sh*t.

Buy decent players.

Simple thing. ;)

Arjen Robben style lethal winger to go three up front with Andy C and Luis.

Centre Back .
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2011 09:49:49 pm
      I reckon Zidane and Pele are available on frees.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #37: Feb 28, 2011 09:58:34 pm
      it"s fine saying buy this player and buy that player,but what do we do with the pack of wasters we have, who would buy them in all honesty,if ye put yourself in the position of any top manager what would ye do ,ye"d turn yer noses at them.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 28, 2011 10:14:42 pm
      Centre of the field.

Used to have Gerrard, Alonso & Mascherano

A couple of weeks ago we had Lucas, poulson & Meireles
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39: Feb 28, 2011 10:59:24 pm
      Personally, I'd like to see Kenny handed a LONG TERM deal - not the 2 years being reported....

and then, get his OWN coaching staff in, I know Sammy Lee is like a piece of furniture here, but he was here under Houllier, Rafa, Hodgson and Kenny, and maybe its time to move on...

Get Didi Hamann in as Coach, Fowler in as striker coach, and build the old boot room back up.

Then on to the squad... A Mass cull is needed, a complete rebuild... The only players guaranteed to stay as far as I am concerned are:

Reina (although he may want out)
      Agger
      Johnson
      Kelly
      Carra (get him onto the coaching side)
      Suarez
      Carroll
      Gerrard
      Pacheco
      Kuyt
      Lucas
      Wilson

the rest can all move on - they are not good enough for the club, and if the right fee and move comes along then see you later.

Ideally, I'd like us to play a 4-3-3 next season, with someone like Benzema or Bojan signed.

NESV have said they are building for a 3-5 year project, so Lets see them buy some DECENT young players, who can mould together as a squad (Look at the German national side - Frightening).

Your thoughts?

If you look at FSG's history with managers you will find that they never give out long contracts, Francona has been the manager of the Red Sox now for 9 years and is just in the process of getting extended for another 2...just the way they work, they don't want to get tied down on buyouts ala RH.

Fact of the matter is if KK is doing the job the way we know he will and if he wants to keep the job, the job will be his for a decade, this slap in the face notion I don't buy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #40: Feb 28, 2011 11:29:41 pm
      The key is quality in the summer.

We need to clear out a few players and possibly leave the squad slightly smaller and use some of the younger players.

Position wise the main priorities for me are a quality left back, a wide player with pace for the left side and a proper defensive midfielder. If funds allow the I also feel we need another striker as if Caroll or Suarez get injured then we are back to N'Gog as back up if he is still at the club.

I would also do all I could to get Alberto back if I was Kenny.
      sarbz
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts |
      Reply #41: Mar 01, 2011 04:47:58 am
      Great topic

Would love to see players like Sami and Fowler brought into the fold if possible. Fowler is not gonna play another season over here so surely he's free and we all know how much Sami loves the club. The suggestion of Carra to transition to a coach while still playing is food for thought.

I really like Enrique from Newcastle, if he is keen on a move we should try and get him - he is really comfortable on the ball (something ALL Liverpool players should be but sadly are not). I would love to see him and Agger combining on the left side bringing the ball out properly from defence without the need to hoof.

Of course it would be great to get a speedy, skilful winger but I wouldn't hold my breath for Ashley Young even though he would be ideal. I just think if Villa stay up, he will stay there.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #42: Mar 01, 2011 05:26:41 am
      1.We need to buy atleast 3 more world-class players for LB,LM and CDM and replace the average players in our squad like Poulsen,Aurelio,Maxi,Ngog etc. with the incredibly talented bunch of youngsters we have got waiting to give their all for the club.
      2.Kenny should continue as the manager and should be given a long-term contract so that everyone can be relaxed about that and we can start our march towards the title right from the very first match of the season.
      3.We need to win some F***ing trophies be it League Cup,FA Cup or Europa League but it's about time the players got themselves a winners medal.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #43: Mar 01, 2011 08:26:59 am
      This thread is in danger of turning into the "Who Do You Want This Summer" thread, which already exists on the Transfer Board.

For simple player discussion, keep it to that thread.

I think the original post was discussing the club as a whole, and I agree getting Kenny on a longer deal is a priority.

For me, he's shown his usual and passion and dedication to club and fans, which for me is key in a Liverpool manager. On top of that, he's proved he wants to get us playing proper football, pass and move, and he certainly deserves the chance to show what he can do with a decent sized transfer kitty.

Get Steve Clarke on a similar contract to Kenny, they're bonding well and working in same direction, which is vital.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #44: Mar 01, 2011 08:38:46 am
      I would like to see Kenny and Clarke given 2 year rolling contracts.

A C.E.O. appointed. Someone with experience of the premier league.

I think the owners still have a lot to prove about their intentions, so I would like to see a decent transfer budget and the finalisation of plans for the new stadium and a start and completion date set.

I would like to see Hyypia return in a coaching capacity with Sammy Lee moving on (sorry I have never rated him)

So four priorities for me, with the main one being Kennys contract. 

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #45: Mar 01, 2011 08:43:53 am
      I think the owners still have a lot to prove about their intentions, so I would like to see a decent transfer budget and the finalisation of plans for the new stadium and a start and completion date set.

I would like to see Hyypia return in a coaching capacity with Sammy Lee moving on (sorry I have never rated him)

Two very good points, a priority for us given the current state of our squad (thin), is the owners proving themselves by providing the maximum amount of funds that the new financial rulings allow.

Sami coming back would be great! A legend (yes, I said it!), who loves the club and is often seen in the stands watching us play. He would be an excellent coach IMO.

Oh, and after reading the "Who do you want this summer" thread, Dexter to be named chief scout. ;D

Quick Reply