Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

Read 9612 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Re: Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)
      Reply #23: Apr 08, 2011 12:21:18 pm
      Their President was very critical of him last week, said he has not been good this season and would be surprised if any big club wants to buy him

That's a bit wierd.

Surely if he wants to leave then they'd big him up, trying to get more money? They're only lowering his value? :D
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Apr 08, 2011 03:38:40 pm
      Can play as attacking, holding or box-to-box. Best used box-to-box. Two of my favorite young players are at Toulouse, so I watch them as much as I can. Capoue who has been having to play centre back, and Sissoko.

I'd take them both.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Apr 08, 2011 04:34:09 pm
      He is a very good prospect but if it was between him and M'Vila, I'd take M'Vila we need a defensive midfielder more
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 08, 2011 05:00:16 pm
      Can play as attacking, holding or box-to-box. Best used box-to-box. Two of my favorite young players are at Toulouse, so I watch them as much as I can. Capoue who has been having to play centre back, and Sissoko.

I'd take them both.
      And how good is that Capoue??
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #27: Apr 08, 2011 05:05:39 pm

I really rate him. He's a destroyer as a CDM. He's strong in the air when having to defend set pieces, he can pass the ball well and has pace to him.

If we're not going to splash big money for M'Vila, I'd take Capoue without question. Unfortunately there hasn't been many links with us and him.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 08, 2011 10:10:01 pm
      I really rate him. He's a destroyer as a CDM. He's strong in the air when having to defend set pieces, he can pass the ball well and has pace to him.

If we're not going to splash big money for M'Vila, I'd take Capoue without question. Unfortunately there hasn't been many links with us and him.
      Exactly what we need - a DESTROYER. I'm tired of seeing Lucas getting 'raped' (sorry for the word) against Stoke or Blackburn. I'm not blaming him, I know he can't and don't expect him to do more against 'beasts'. Nowadays, even for some PL clubs that really 'PLAY FOOTBALL' to have this kind of player in their ranks is a must.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #29: Apr 08, 2011 11:00:10 pm
      Capoue is a massive lad. 6'2 or 6'3.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Apr 08, 2011 11:00:43 pm
      Dunno anything about him redman what age is he
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Apr 08, 2011 11:16:18 pm
      He is a very good prospect but if it was between him and M'Vila, I'd take M'Vila we need a defensive midfielder more

Sorry mate but how can you say that and later admit you don't know anything about Capoue, they both play in the same team, if you're watching one, you're also seeing the other
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Apr 08, 2011 11:19:27 pm
      The type of midfielder Diego that is what I've said if you check my posts, we need a defensive midfielder don't really say much about Sissoko in any of my posts because I haven't seen much of him.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #33: Apr 09, 2011 03:46:04 pm
      Capoue is 22 years old and a very good prospect. Not as highly rated as M'Vila but he can still do a fine job.

He's had to play centre half most of the season for Toulouse but he's very versatile.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #34: Apr 09, 2011 03:58:47 pm
      I agree we need someone with a bit of steel in the midfield like M'villa or Capoue.

To many times our midfield has been bullied by other teams.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #35: Apr 09, 2011 04:12:02 pm
      Red5man, you seem to have seen more of him than many others on here, do you think you could label him as a younger version of Toulalan?  I've suggested him as exactly one of the types of player we need (a DM/CB utility player) because despite 4 first choice CBs and 2-3 talented youngsters coming through there are times when we have selection issues at CB and there are also games where people will bemoan the lack of a real destroyer in the midfield, however there's equally as many games where mean people will agree it's not entirely necessary and in that situation, a player like Toulalan could easily be utilised as a CB (especially with Agger injury issues, Carra/Sotis aren't really long-term options).  Could you provide a little more info about him if possible?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2011 04:29:15 pm
      That's a really good comparison. When Toulouse got Capoue, it freed Sissoko up more to attack and he's shown he has a very good passing game to him. But before then, he played just like Toulalan does, except since Lyon is a better squad Sissoko had to defend more. He's a very capable defensive center mid, but you limit his full potential when you stick him back there.

I wouldn't really play him at CB unless it was a true emergency, but I'm sure he could do a job there. He's a massive lad. Toulalan though will probably become a CB later in his career!

Capoue/Sissoko really compliment each other great, that's why I've said I'd love to have them both. Both are massive lads, they will never get bullied in the midfield, they each can pass too.

I have a bit of a crush on the two of them, so I probably rate them (Especially Capoue) higher than some. :D
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #37: Apr 09, 2011 04:39:26 pm
      Toulalan is already is a CB :P  

I was actually asking about Capoue (is being a younger Toulalan a fair/valid comparison) but: a) you would have no idea because I stupidly didn't specify; and b) I posted it in the Moussa Sissoko thread (:cool-smiley-027: :f_whistle:).  Sissoko is pretty much a defensive box-to-box midfielder isn't he (think in the Essien mould)?  

Long story short, I want a player like Toulalan in the team (if Mascherano was a good 6 inches taller, he would have been exactly the type of player I'd be looking at right now).  Think a classic destroyer when we need the midfield presence or could very easily be converted to being a CB when injuries occur but is still comfortable keeping the ball on the deck.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #38: Apr 09, 2011 04:44:22 pm
      I thought maybe you were talking about Capoue but since we were in the Sissoko thread, that's why I thought to talk of him.

Yes Capoue could play center half and be a very good one. He's tall, he's skill in the air and he has pace about him. He could easily provide needed cover when it's needed.

Toulalan still plays in the midfield but is also a cover CB.

Like I said, Capoue has been playing CB most of the season for Toulouse, unfortunately.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #39: Apr 09, 2011 04:56:12 pm
      I thought maybe you were talking about Capoue but since we were in the Sissoko thread, that's why I thought to talk of him.

Yes Capoue could play center half and be a very good one. He's tall, he's skill in the air and he has pace about him. He could easily provide needed cover when it's needed.

Toulalan still plays in the midfield but is also a cover CB.

Like I said, Capoue has been playing CB most of the season for Toulouse, unfortunately.

Not your fault you're not a psychic and I'm an idiot :P

Toulalan probably splits his time between DM/CB (he's their first choice DM but probably their 3rd or 4th choice CB so all it takes is an injury, a suspension or their rotation policy to kick in and he'll be deployed at CB) but I think had Lovren not been a little bit of a revelation so soon, he'd have been at CB the majority of this season like he was last season.  Sounds like the type of player (Capoue that is) I'd love us to get.  

I'll keep an eye on Toulouse's games and make an effort to watch them more (to be fair, I spend too much time watching OL in Ligue 1 and I quite like the competition so I should watch more teams).  Thanks for the info mate!!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Apr 09, 2011 05:01:33 pm
      Go have a look in the 'who do you want this summer' thread above mate. Just to get a feel for Capoue.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #41: Jun 21, 2011 10:50:55 pm

LIVERPOOL AND ARSENAL TARGET MOUSSA SISSOKO

Tuesday June 21,2011
      By Brendan Abbott

FRENCH midfielder Moussa Sissoko is being targeted by Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City for a move this summer.

The Toulouse star has been on the radar of British clubs for the past four years and turned down Liverpool and Bolton to sign with his French club as a teenager.

But now the 21-year-old is being lined up for a move to the Premier League, despite being under contract until June 2013

According to Lamine Drame, a source near the player, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal are honing in on the French international.

Last season, Sissoko played 36 matches and scored five goals and

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/254139/Liverpool-and-Arsenal-target-Moussa-Sissoko/
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #42: Jun 21, 2011 11:14:14 pm
      Prefer Capoue and M'Vila.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jun 25, 2011 11:58:08 pm
      TOULOUSE'S MOUSSA SISSOKO IN TALKS WITH LIVERPOOL & NEWCASTLE UNITED

http://m.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/article?contentId=2547896&SID=qj8kdlfbtjnt18bkddr91be4d6

The highly rated 21-year-old may leave the French club this summer but the club's president has demanded a £13.3m fee for the midfielder

Toulouse'sMoussa Sissoko is in negotiations with Liverpool and Newcastle United over a potential transfer, while Inter and Lyon are also frontrunners for the midfielder's signature, talkaloadofbull.com have been told.

The 21-year-old is set for a high-profile move away from Le Tefece after a string of influential performances in Ligue 1 last season.

Sissoko's agent insists the France international has several offers tabled, with the offer from fellow French side Lyon being the strongest.

“The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one,” said his agent, Bacary Sanogo. “There are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week.”

However, opposition may come in the form of Toulouse president Olivier Sadran, who will reportedly not accept a bid of anything less than €15 million [£13.3m] for his prized asset.

Since Sissoko has two years left on his contract, Sanogo has refused to rule out the possibility of his client remaining with Toulouse if a transfer deal cannot be struck this summer.

“His priority is a club with a major sporting project. But it will not pose a problem to Moussa [to remain with Toulouse].”

talkaloadofbull.com, but apparently quotes from his agent.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #44: Jun 26, 2011 01:05:00 pm
       His agent revealed that we're linked with him. Source: footmercato.net
      http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/moussa-sissoko-dans-le-viseur-de-4-cadors-europeens_68862

"Contact with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one. We also discuss with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week"
      I translated it.

I'm lost concerning our midfield...  :-\
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45: Jun 26, 2011 02:49:28 pm
      His agent revealed that we're linked with him. Source: footmercato.net
      http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/moussa-sissoko-dans-le-viseur-de-4-cadors-europeens_68862

"Contact with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one. We also discuss with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week"
      I translated it.

I'm lost concerning our midfield...  :-\

All we are doing is talking to these players. I'm sure Kenny and Comolli have their preferences.

If you're lost, it's because you're believing we're going to sign every single player whose agent says we're talking to them.

Quick Reply