Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

Read 9664 times
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 591 posts |
      Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)
      Feb 28, 2011 07:03:24 pm
      Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko, since his debut in 2007, has established himself as one of the brightest stars in France's next generation of footballers.

He's become a full international and has caught the eye of some of Europe's biggest clubs, including Liverpool and Manchester United.

Still, the young star had decided to stay in Toulouse to continue his development, but he does admit that eventually, he'll want to make the move to a big English club like Liverpool.

"I would be delighted if one day I am lucky to join a big English club," he told France Football.

"But I don't think about it so far. I had contacts with English clubs, notably Liverpool, but I preferred to commit myself to Toulouse, the club where I have been educated, to get more experience.

"It is up to me to go on improving, to become a world class player, to play in the biggest clubs and to join the French team as soon as possible."

Sissoko, as a box-to-box midfielder, would not fill a position of need for Liverpool, but the 21-year-old's talents are undeniable, and a young player of his caliber would surely be welcome in the side. He is currently valued at just over £10 million, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/liverpool-target-moussa-sissoko-would-be-delighted-to-join-big-english-club.html

heard of him alot, but never seen him play......one of the many prospects France has coming up....but from scouting reports, the guy seems to be more than just a "destroyer" type player seems he is able to do a bit of everything, and looks like a complete CM

good to see Comolli has been in contact with this player that french NT and ligue 1 is a hotbed for young talent like this

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)
      Reply #1: Feb 28, 2011 07:39:51 pm
      He's pure quality. He isn't a destroyer. He can play a bit more defensively but that's limiting his game. He's a naturally complete CM.

Would love him here to be honest, especially if that value of 10m is true!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Feb 28, 2011 09:22:51 pm
      Him and MVila would be brilliant in the Summer then we would have a proper midfield
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Mar 01, 2011 09:29:45 am
      Him and MVila would be brilliant in the Summer then we would have a proper midfield

Have you watched Sissoko?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #4: Mar 01, 2011 12:46:58 pm
      Never watched this lad to be honest, hardly ever watch the French league.

People who do, do you rate him?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Mar 01, 2011 01:01:47 pm
      Does anyone watch enough Ligue 1 to know if he is any good?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Mar 01, 2011 05:36:52 pm
      Great player, would be a great addition to our squad I'd take him in a snap. Not a classical 'destroyer' type like M'Vila is, but for £10 million or so that's a steal, he'll be worth £20m within a season or two.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Mar 02, 2011 09:40:48 am
      According to the Daily mail today we are favourites to sign him with a fee of £18 million being talked about
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #8: Mar 02, 2011 09:57:50 am
      Liverpool set to win race to sign Moussa Sissoko
      02 Mar 2011 - 01:10:30
      Liverpool RSS news feed

Liverpool set to win race to sign Moussa Sissoko
      Related Links
      Premier League Results
      Premier League News
      Premier League Fixtures
      Liverpool are poised to beat Tottenham and Manchester United to the signing of France midfielder Moussa Sissoko. The Toulouse star, 21, has been on the radar of British clubs for the past four years and turned down Liverpool and Bolton to sign professional terms with his French club as a teenager. Spurs have emerged as strong suitors over recent seasons and were close to a deal 18 months ago, only to be told he was valued at ?18million. Purple patch: Sissoko (left) has caught the attention of several Premier League clubs However, the arrival of Damien Comolli and some of Tottenham's formerscouting staff has coincided with Liverpool monitoring him again and helooks destined for Anfield in the summer providing a fee can be agreed. Sissoko is understood to have told friends that Liverpool is his preference, despite turning them down again in the summer. He revealed this week: 'I had contacts with English clubs, notably Liverpool, but I preferred to commit myself to Toulouse, the club where Ihave been educated, to get more experience. It is up to me to go on improving, to become a world-class player.' Sissoko is 6ft 2in, strong, athletic and comfortable anywhere in central midfield. Liverpool, meanwhile, have signed Bradford's 14-year-old defender Nial Heaton.  Dalglish set to unleash record signing Andy Carroll for debut against Manchester UnitedWe won't make the same mistakes again, vows Liverpool boss Dalglish Liverpool defender Kelly ruled out for five weeks with hamstring injury  Explore more:Places: Liverpool, Bolton,
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #9: Mar 02, 2011 09:59:23 am
      2nd Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      5 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool are poised to beat Tottenham and Manchester United to the signing of France midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

Most Recent Gossip
      Liverpool to beat United to Sissoko
      Carroll shapes up as United beckon
      Andy's on Red Alert
      Liverpool contemplate gamble on £15m…
      Liverpool 'make enquiry' over €17m …
      The Toulouse star, 21, has been on the radar of British clubs for the past four years and turned down Liverpool and Bolton to sign professional terms with his French club as a teenager.

Spurs have emerged as strong suitors over recent seasons and were close to a deal 18 months ago, only to be told he was valued at £18million.

However, the arrival of Damien Comolli and some of Tottenham's former scouting staff has coincided with Liverpool monitoring him again and he looks destined for Anfield in the summer providing a fee can be agreed.

Sissoko is understood to have told friends that Liverpool is his preference, despite turning them down again in the summer.

He revealed this week: "I had contacts with English clubs, notably Liverpool, but I preferred to commit myself to Toulouse, the club where I have been educated, to get more experience. It is up to me to go on improving, to become a world-class player.'

Sissoko is 6ft 2in, strong, athletic and comfortable anywhere in central midfield.

Source: Daily Mail

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Daily Mail
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Mar 02, 2011 03:10:27 pm
      I've never seen him play, but everything I've read gives him good reviews and says he has loads of potential. Given his ago I'd have no qualms with NESV having a look (though I'd prefer a winger first).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Mar 02, 2011 06:38:54 pm
      Dont really know much about him. what would he bring to the team? Better be better than the last Sissoko we had!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 591 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 04, 2011 09:19:56 am
      Dont really know much about him. what would he bring to the team? Better be better than the last Sissoko we had!

he does more than just tackle ppl, guy has a complete game, from reading reports

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2011 12:52:41 pm
      Complete all round midfielder I think. He can tackle, and he's not a small guy either at 6ft2, so he's got some presence about him I'd suggest. Last year he also began to show a goalscoring touch, getting 7 last season and 4 so far this one. I believe this was his first last year:

But wonderdul Sissoko Marseille

He also seems to have good ball control and dribbling ability as demonstrated here

but de sissoko TFC Toulouse
      (Take this one with a pinch of salt, it was against some parttimers in pre season, still, amazing goal)

I think this guy will instantly slot into our first team and I'd play him over Lucas and maybe Meireles. Unfortunately I don't think he's a classic ball winning defensive mid like his French teammate M'Vila, and a CDM is definitely a priority in summer, but if we end up signing his guy as well I'll be happy. In fact looking at it, we're set to lose Aquilani permanently, and Poulsen should be on his way out, so signing 2 central mid players isn't too far fetched at all.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #14: Mar 06, 2011 05:29:26 pm
      If not at too high price I'm like to have him in our squad. And along with rumored of Liverpool interested in Fernando Gago of Real Madrid, I'll take Moussa Sissoko by no brainier.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2011 05:54:55 pm
      If not at too high price I'm like to have him in our squad. And along with rumored of Liverpool interested in Fernando Gago of Real Madrid, I'll take Moussa Sissoko by no brainier.

Couldn't agree more mate. Sissoko is a player with real potential as is Yann M'Villa. Comolli has scouted both heavily
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2011 07:06:32 pm
      Really like this lad. Moussa Sissoko and Étienne Capoue are familiar with each other and both could do a job here. I would love to sign the both of them.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2011 04:58:21 pm
      Our representatives, headed by Commolli, met FirstEleven ISM head super-agent Franjo Vranjkovic on Thurdsday.
      This meeting was to mainly renew our interest in Moussa Sissoko.

This after the player had declared publicly his intention to leave.
      Our interest in the player has been long-standing, and initial approaches were made in November, which the player snubbed.

http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/

sh*t source but hope it i true.Rate this guy wouldbe a good addition.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Apr 03, 2011 05:07:40 pm
      Would be a very good signing. Possesses the box-to-box attributes in a midfielder we need. He's athletic, he's strong, good passer and good in the tackle. Add in his youth and potential, I'd love him here.

Get him in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2011 05:25:16 pm
      Their President was very critical of him last week, said he has not been good this season and would be surprised if any big club wants to buy him
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2011 09:42:58 pm
      Their President was very critical of him last week, said he has not been good this season and would be surprised if any big club wants to buy him

Reverse psychology maybe? I think Comolli and Kenny will decide whether he's good enough for Liverpool, not the Toulouse President.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #21: Apr 03, 2011 09:48:41 pm

That's sounds like Toulouse doing everything in their power to keep him. If he's been poor this season wouldn't they want big money for him?

He's very highly rated but I haven't seen him to any times. From the little I've seen he's a very strong box to box, very similar to Essien if you were to compare him although I could be completely wrong about him.

Anyone watch the French league often? If so what are your thoughts on him?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #22: Apr 08, 2011 11:29:06 am
      Moussa Sissoko V Rennes 21.02.2011 Match Compilation

A fantastic player, but based on this video his position is Attacking Midfielder and I don't think we need him at the moment.

Quick Reply