Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

A Good Cause

Read 1209 times
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 271 posts | 15 
      A Good Cause
      Mar 02, 2011 10:56:14 am
      Hi Guys,

Was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I work for a charity called The Berith Foundation http://www.berithfoundation.co.uk based in Stourbridge, West Midlands that works with inviduals with learning disabilities. As a lot of charities up and down the country we rely heavily on the genrousity of people who do all they can to help those less fortunate then themselves.

At Berith we've been very fortunate that we have had couple (Debbie and Dennis Morrey) who have been very supportive over a number of years, at times they have gone above and beyond that which could be expected of them. An exapmle of their kindness is that they are currently re-decorating one of our properties, giving up their weekends and evenings to help make the place a good living environment. They have shared their holidays with the indivduals that we support.

Later on this year Dennis is running the London marathon in aid of a Lukemia charity. This is in memory of his brother who he lost to the illness a few years ago. He is currently hard in training and fundraising. Dennis's wife Debbie is busy organising a fundraising quiz night at a local pub for later on this month and she has contacted a number of clubs aournd us e.g Wolves, West Brom asking if they would be interested in supporting him, However the response has been poor to say the least. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had contact details for someone at Liverpool who I could get in touch with and try to get some support for Dennis. Even if its something like an autographed picture that we can auction on the quiz night, iam sure Dennis would greatly appreciate it.

Also if I post a link to Dennis's fundraising page would the members of the forum be willing to donate to his cause??

All help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply