Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Seeing the world!

Read 6545 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Seeing the world!
      Reply #23: Mar 10, 2011 10:17:29 pm
      ^OMG! Thanks so much for reminding me of that. Macchu Pichu is something ive had a great interest in for years, kinda forgot about it lately though. Might look into that. Thinking some holidays down there would be great.

EDIT: And you know im in Rio in '14 ;D
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #24: Mar 10, 2011 10:19:08 pm
      I've always wanted to go to Macchu Pichu, my friend went there once and said it was the best experience of his life. He said it was very tiring and hard work. I can't do that sadly, long term hip injury means it's harder for me walk long distances :(

I defiantly do plan on going to South America but not any time soon. The last trip to South Africa has put me well in the red.

Diego are you a tour guide by any chance ???
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Mar 10, 2011 10:21:43 pm
      ^OMG! Thanks so much for reminding me of that. Macchu Pichu is something ive had a great interest in for years, kinda forgot about it lately though. Might look into that. Thinking some holidays down there would be great.

Wanna go together? :P As I said, only my brother went :( haha

Oh, and I forgot to say you can also visit Macchu Pichu by train (or bus, if I'm not mistaken), you don't have to do the Inca Trail if you don't want to - it's still worth the visity anyway, by what people say. But, for me, the big fun in it is probably the trail.

I just have to start doing some exercise if I'm serious about going there, cause in the last few years I've done none :D I would give up in the first 15 minutes of walk.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Mar 10, 2011 10:25:24 pm
      I've always wanted to go to Macchu Pichu, my friend went there once and said it was the best experience of his life. He said it was very tiring and hard work. I can't do that sadly, long term hip injury means it's harder for me walk long distances :(

I defiantly do plan on going to South America but not any time soon. The last trip to South Africa has put me well in the red.

Diego are you a tour guide by any chance ???

Haha, no, no :P But my brother told me about this trip in details, that's why I know so much.

Last month he visited the Atacama Desert, loved it too. I almost went with him but I had to save money for Italy/England.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2011 10:31:07 pm
      I've heard about that Inca Trail before, would love to give it a try!

I haven't mentioned South America, nothing against it and I would love to go (and will at some stage in my life!) but I'm thinking of the cost involved if I do Africa and Asia, put South America on top and it would be a mind boggling amount!

Starting to think that I may have to break it down now though, which is disappointing and do Africa one year and possibly one other area in the same trip. Maybe go for 9 months instead of the 12-18, which is looking more and more distant!

But South America for me is a must, I actually plan to visit all the different continents on the planet, so God willing, I'm going to have a lot of time to get it done!

Enjoy Italy and England Diego! Take some pics, post them up and let us know how it all goes!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Mar 10, 2011 10:41:51 pm
      Wanna go together? :P As I said, only my brother went :( haha

Oh, and I forgot to say you can also visit Macchu Pichu by train (or bus, if I'm not mistaken), you don't have to do the Inca Trail if you don't want to - it's still worth the visity anyway, by what people say. But, for me, the big fun in it is probably the trail.

I just have to start doing some exercise if I'm serious about going there, cause in the last few years I've done none :D I would give up in the first 15 minutes of walk.

Totally man! LFC Reds take over the trail :D

Yeah i think a lot of the fun would be the hike, and seeing the great views on offer. Truly see what the Inca's saw. I'd have to get fit as well, but ive done little hiking trips like that before. Biggest thing would be getting used to the higher altitude.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2011 10:46:03 pm
      Enjoy Italy and England Diego! Take some pics, post them up and let us know how it all goes!

Thanks mate, I will!

Just seen this part of one of your posts:

But my mind is made up on one thing, I'm going to do some volunteer work in Africa maybe Sports coaching and teaching or wildlife conservation, not 100% on what area yet. Probably going to do that for about 4 months I think (including time to check out other parts of Africa) and then move on. Been looking into it recently, and countries that hold the most appeal for me are Kenya, Tanzania or South Africa but I am swinging more towards Kenya.

I have big interest in this kind of trip too, I did some research last year and found some very nice volunteer programs, one included teaching football to poor kids in South Africa, I think I would love it. If I'm not mistaken in this website I saw you could only stay up to 4 weeks in one program, but then you could switch programs (from sports to wildlife conservation, for example), and stay as much time as you want in Africa.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2011 10:50:55 pm
      Thanks mate, I will!

Just seen this part of one of your posts:

I have big interest in this kind of trip too, I did some research last year and found some very nice volunteer programs, one included teaching football to poor kids in South Africa, I think I would love it. If I'm not mistaken in this website I saw you could only stay up to 4 weeks in one program, but then you could switch programs (from sports to wildlife conservation, for example), and stay as much time as you want in Africa.
      Yeah I've seen a few that say you can stay on after if you want to check out the rest of Africa or something, and I can't imagine it would be to hard to find more voluntary work and you wouldn't have to be paying for another set of flights etc if you just did it while you were there.

Saw a few that can last anywhere up to 6 months! I think it would be extremely rewarding, and make anyone feel alot more grateful for what they have and really open up your eyes to what goes on outside your own world.

The conservation projects look fantastic, I would love to work around such beautiful animals and scenery and getting to learn more about what goes on, because at the moment my knowledge is what David Attenbourgh says on TV!

The sports coaching looks great aswell, and most offer you the option to teach English while your there which would be fantastic. And who knows, I might be coaching a star of the future and convert them to a reds fan while young!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #31: Mar 11, 2011 01:00:27 am
      I will be checking back in on this topic, but for now I have to say that Malaysia is very high on my to do list. Adryan, get ready to field some questions.

As in, native tattooing? How realistic that i can hook up with that? The Hindu festival with the piercing. When is it? Etc, etc.

Quick Reply