Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 42011 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #368: Mar 10, 2011 08:51:02 pm
      I'm at a loss to think what Kenny was at playing Spearing right midfield tonight, wouldn't have even expected that out of Hodgson, surely to f**king god if he wanted to try a young player there he could have given Pacheco a run out
      for some reason pacheco hasn"t impressed and all he seems to be good for now is warming the bench,he has an attacking mind and that is what we needed tonight.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #369: Mar 10, 2011 08:54:09 pm
      Dear oh dear. We were truly abysmal in the first half. It carried on until the sub was made and then we looked like we had a bit more tempo and shape to us.

I think everyone knows we need quality out wide but whilst we haven't got it, what we have in place has to work extra hard to make up for the lack of quality.

But we gave the ball away far too often and far too cheaply. Personally I thought Meireles was the biggest culprit of them all for it.

Fair enough, the team we put out didn't strike a lot of hope into our hearts before the game. But in all honesty, they weren't all that much of a threat and it was only some shocking defending that gave them the advantage. Otherwise, we could have easily coasted along that game and went home with a draw. But we were casual and invited pressure. For that, the players have to take responsibility.

I reckon we'll beat them at Anfield. We have a nice week to work up to the game and at Anfield and we may just have a ref who keeps the game fair. Thought that elbow on Carroll was a disgrace and we definitely had a shout for a pen. Not to mention some of the bizarre free kicks he awarded to Braga!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #370: Mar 10, 2011 08:54:49 pm
      Braga are 31 points behind Porto. No way whould they be qualifying at our expense.

The biggest worry today was the lack of pace in the starting XI.

We missed Suarez so much!

Spot on mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #371: Mar 10, 2011 08:56:44 pm
      Carroll was the only player who knew what he had to do. The rest were just not on it yet again.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #372: Mar 10, 2011 08:58:24 pm
      Dissapointed with that crappy performance- but im still confident we`l beat them at home & qualify.
      We improved so much after the hour mark- when Poulsen left & Carroll came on- i cant wait to see Suarez & Carroll play some decent game time together/

The ref was shocking- whats with giving free kicks every time two players touch ???

That elbow on our Andy Carroll was disgusting, and i hope he recieves some sort of punishment!!
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #373: Mar 10, 2011 09:00:05 pm
      havent bothered reading all this thread but im here just to  say im not worried one bit about the 2nd leg. so we lost tonight, but IMO they  havent got anything to  worry us about at  home. we will put at  leat 3 on them  next week and easily progress to the next round.
      we were way below par tonight. I reckon braga put their all in tonight and they werent all that.
      has it been decided who  we  play  next  round??
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #374: Mar 10, 2011 09:03:25 pm
      Agree redkenny I thought Raul was F***ing awful tonight, he should have played in midfield ahead of Poulsen. I know Kenny wants to give everyone a chance but F**k me Poulsen is useless
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #375: Mar 10, 2011 09:12:41 pm
      I stand by winning 3-1.

It's just gonna be including the second leg ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #376: Mar 10, 2011 09:14:45 pm
      I was one of the 4 that thought we would lose tonight, we are just extremely poor away from home and when I saw a midfield of Lucas Poulsen and Spearing I knew we would create very little
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #377: Mar 10, 2011 09:15:53 pm
      We hardly had the most dynamic midfield with Lucas, Spearing an Poulsen. There was a lot of effort and running from the likes of Cole, Kuyt and Meireles, but not much quality.

We'll no doubt approach the game very differently next week. Maxi and Carroll starting. Raul back in the middle while Stevie gets his nether regions sorted. Not worried.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #378: Mar 10, 2011 09:16:04 pm
      "luis16suarez luis suarez
      I am convinced we will fix it up in Anfield. Let's work hard now!"

I'm with Luis, I'm confident we'll win at Anfield.
      Bit of a rubbish performance tonight, though, the positive was that Carroll was good when he came on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #379: Mar 10, 2011 09:17:17 pm
      Our midfield needs serious surgery in the Summer, I think people have forgotten how important the engine room is and the wide positions are gone beyond a joke
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #380: Mar 10, 2011 09:20:51 pm
      no wonder we lost, Woy was in the stands :roll:

:D :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #381: Mar 10, 2011 09:24:07 pm
      It's a little worrying to be honest. No disrespect to Braga but this is the Europa League and it is teams like that we should be waltzing pass if we want to be a Champions League football team.
      5fingersOFfowler
      • Banned

• 28 posts |
      Reply #382: Mar 10, 2011 09:32:10 pm
      our cup final is over and the reds go back to serving up there usual s###e. :mad:
      Magic_Braga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #383: Mar 10, 2011 09:33:39 pm
      Hey mates  :)

I guess we better this time eheh. We did a great first-half, I think Liverpool was more concerned in not suffering more that scoring a goal.
      I hope that the LFC fans who came here haved enjoy the city, our people and the game (stadium eheh)  :)

Next week it's my turn to go to the city of Beatles  :)
      Cya later !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #384: Mar 10, 2011 09:35:39 pm
      our cup final is over and the reds go back to serving up there usual s###e. :mad:

What the F**k you about, cup final

Deffo blueshite, this tit.

As for Braga, Carroll will start next week and we'll do them, they were scared of Andy big time in that second half.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #385: Mar 10, 2011 09:37:06 pm
      Our midfield needs serious surgery in the Summer, I think people have forgotten how important the engine room is and the wide positions are gone beyond a joke

"Engine room" is nothing more than a soundbite bandied around by people who don't know what the F**k they're talking about.

The whole team is the engine room ffs, and if one part isn't working, it affects the rest of the team.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #386: Mar 10, 2011 09:38:38 pm
      Hey mates  :)

I guess we better this time eheh. We did a great first-half, I think Liverpool was more concerned in not suffering more that scoring a goal.
      I hope that the LFC fans who came here haved enjoy the city, our people and the game (stadium eheh)  :)

Next week it's my turn to go to the city of Beatles  :)
      Cya later !
      What the F**k you about, cup final

As for Braga, Carroll will start next week and we'll do them, they were scared of Andy big time in that second half.

Yep, Carroll scared the sh*t out of them - I hope he does a sneaky one on that f**ker who threw the elbow at him.

A decent winger, and we'd fly it...
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #387: Mar 10, 2011 09:40:18 pm
      Our worst match in 2011, the worst under the King. Very very bad Poulsen, Meireles, Kyrgiakos, Cole, too much work for Kuyt but nothing special. Andy Car a breath of fresh air. I didn't understand why KK didn't change the formation at half time, when Andy is came we have played a bit better (not at our standards at all). After victory against Manchester we thought to come from the moon, today Braga has brought us back to earth. Now we need a bath of humility - and Gerrard, Aurelio, Kelly, Agger -. But now they have to come in Anfield, and we mustn't let them to score goal. Or we can if we score 3 or more goal. I think we can do it. But the true spirit is needed.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #388: Mar 10, 2011 09:40:29 pm
      What the f**k you about, cup final

I think he just meant our "cup final" against the mancs mate :)
      5fingersOFfowler
      • Banned

• 28 posts |
      Reply #389: Mar 10, 2011 09:41:06 pm
      What the f**k you about, cup final

we are turning into blueshite the way the players can up there game for united and chelsea but as soon as we play average teams like wigan,braga,west ham,blackpool ,wolves we go missing over and over again and if you cant see it then you need to go a match or two  :roll:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #390: Mar 10, 2011 09:41:39 pm
      No mate engine room is what makes a F***ing team tick and anyone that played the F***ing game would be aware of the phrase and knows it refers to the midfield but then your whole argument seems is 90% to revolve around how great Lucas.

He is a F***ing squad player at best. Poulsen was sh*te tonight so was Lucas, I keep hearing he has great attacking ability isn't it about time he shows it after 3 F***ing years here.

Quick Reply