Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Kenny Dalglish two year deal is speculation says John W Henry

Read 11943 times
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish gets two year deal from new owners
      Reply #46: Mar 14, 2011 04:48:54 pm
      Excellent news, absolutely delighted =]
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Mar 14, 2011 05:42:08 pm
      Two year deal is fine but a 4 year deal would be more preferable. What's important is that we get Kenny down on a permanent deal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Mar 14, 2011 05:54:41 pm
      Two year deal is fine but a 4 year deal would be more preferable. What's important is that we get Kenny down on a permanent deal.

The good thing is though that they can just renew his contract after a year or 2 and we all know Kenny won't walk away from the job if he is still wanted by the fans, the players and the owners.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2011 06:02:48 pm
      Not a moment too soon.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #50: Mar 14, 2011 06:12:06 pm
      Can the title not be changed to "Reports suggest"  :f_doh:

Would rather wait for confirmation from the offal before I crack out the champagne  :f_tongueincheek:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #51: Mar 14, 2011 06:32:27 pm
      Can the title not be changed to "Reports suggest"  :f_doh:

Would rather wait for confirmation from the offal before I crack out the champagne  :f_tongueincheek:
      Or allegedly, until it's announced officially. When it comes from the club, then I will celebrate. :)
      SFTS2011
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #52: Mar 14, 2011 06:33:22 pm
      About time too (if it turns out to be true of course.) I'm a neutral, but Dalglish has done a terrific job in not only steadying the ship after Hodgson, but also getting the players to understand what it means to play for Liverpool. You will only go from strength to strength under him. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Shouts From The Stands
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #53: Mar 14, 2011 07:11:29 pm
      About time too (if it turns out to be true of course.) I'm a neutral, but Dalglish has done a terrific job in not only steadying the ship after Hodgson, but also getting the players to understand what it means to play for Liverpool. You will only go from strength to strength under him. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Shouts From The Stands
      Welcome to the forum.

Are you neutral on this topic or because you don't support any team?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #54: Mar 14, 2011 07:12:59 pm

Shouts From The Stands

What does that mean SFTS2011 - name your colours?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Kenny Dalglish gets two year deal from new owners (Possibly)
      Reply #55: Mar 14, 2011 07:32:52 pm

Shouts From The Stands 2011

The Clues are there.

Shouts From The Stands
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #56: Mar 14, 2011 08:23:52 pm
      Great news if these reports are true, Kenny is the best man to bring stability back to the club.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #57: Mar 14, 2011 08:28:50 pm
      2 year contract is fine, it just means in two years Kenny's gonna get an even better deal.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #58: Mar 14, 2011 08:36:50 pm
      Shouts From The Stands 2011

The Clues are there.

Sorry RedPuppy - spent last night at hospital with my 7yr old (virus) - sleep deprivation is getting the better of me.

What am I missing?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #59: Mar 14, 2011 08:43:11 pm
      Sorry RedPuppy - spent last night at hospital with my 7yr old (virus) - sleep deprivation is getting the better of me.

What am I missing?

No worries, hope your little one is better.

SFTS2011, signed off with "Shout From The Stands"
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #60: Mar 14, 2011 08:53:00 pm
      No worries, hope your little one is better.

SFTS2011, signed off with "Shout From The Stands"

Doh!!!!

The wee man is sleeping now and temp seems normal for first time in 24 hours so seems to be on mind. Thank you - appreciated.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #61: Mar 14, 2011 11:12:42 pm
      Liverpool owner John W Henry still to agree contract talks with Kenny Dalglish over manager's job at Anfield

Liverpool’s owners are yet to open formal discussions with Kenny Dalglish over the full-time manager’s position at Anfield, principal owner John W Henry has told Telegraph Sport.
      Kenny Dalglish and Steve Clark - Liverpool owner John W Henry still to agree contract talks with Kenny Dalglish over manager's job at Anfield
      Double act: Kenny Dalglish (left), manager of Liverpool, and Steve Clark, his assistant coach, have yet to talk to the owners about staying on Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Henry said that contrary to reports claiming Dalglish has been offered a two-year contract, discussions between the Scot and the owners has been limited to the possible timing of further negotiations.

Dalglish replaced Roy Hodgson in January on a short-term contract taking him to the end of the season, and Liverpool’s assured performances since have increased the clamour for him to be offered the job full-time.

Henry and club chairman Tom Werner appear resistant to making a swift decision, however, and Henry confirmed that no discussions had yet taken place with Dalglish or any other candidates.

"The only discussion we’ve had has been with Kenny and that was solely concerning when we should begin discussions,” Henry said. “I wouldn’t anticipate any further comments until such discussions have commenced and we have something to announce. Any reports until then are purely speculation.”

While Dalglish is desperate to secure the job full-time and would be the overwhelming choice of supporters and players, Henry and Werner appear determined to take a measured approach to their key appointment. Their final choice will say much about the philosophy they intend to apply at Anfield.

Since buying the club last October Henry and Werner have made just one senior appointment, that of Damien Comolli as director of football strategy, and the Frenchman’s relationship with Dalglish is a matter of intrigue at Anfield.

Comolli was hired at the start of November in an attempt to impose a long-term philosophy on the club’s recruitment policy in what appeared to be a classic European ‘sporting director’ model.

Before hiring Dalglish, Henry and Werner had also examined the credentials of young European coaches used to the sporting director model who might complement Comolli. They included Jürgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund, Porto’s Andre Villas-Boas and Didier Deschamps, whose Marseille side meet Manchester United in the Champions League tonight.

Dalglish’s success since being recruited as a fire-fighter has changed the dynamic, however. The Scot is an old-fashioned football dictator who made all the most important decisions in his previous spell at Anfield and would expect to do so again. With the support of the Kop and dressing room, he remains favourite to take the job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8381937/Liverpool-owner-John-W-Henry-still-to-agree-contract-talks-with-Kenny-Dalglish-over-managers-job-at-Anfield.html
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2011 11:39:17 pm by LFCexiled, Reason: Adding to article. »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish two year deal is speculation says John W Henry
      Reply #62: Mar 15, 2011 12:14:07 am
      Probably wouldn't go that far, maybe Steve Clarke wants a long commitment from the club as he is moving north and relocating etc.

If they didn't have faith in Kenny they wouldn't offer him a contract. Any doubts they had have surely been erased.
      Yeah, makes sense about Clarky, and Kenny will no doubt get rewarded with the rate of success he brings.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #63: Mar 15, 2011 12:25:54 am
      Glad to hear the little fella's on the mend Scotia.  It's when they give us worrying times like that, everything else seems so insignificant for a while. All the best to you both and the rest of the family.
      SFTS2011
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #64: Mar 15, 2011 10:00:55 am

No worries Scotia, I did want to use the shouts from the stands but it wouldnt let me for some reason.

When I say neutral, I'm a Spurs fan that runs a football website with a friend who is an Arsenal fan. I have no rivalry or dislike for Liverpool, so it means I can look at what is happening at Anfield without any bias either way. But even the most die-hard Everton fan would have to admit that Dalglish is doing a great job.

Well, not publicly anyway!
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #65: Mar 15, 2011 01:43:19 pm
      No worries Scotia, I did want to use the shouts from the stands but it wouldnt let me for some reason.

When I say neutral, I'm a Spurs fan that runs a football website with a friend who is an Arsenal fan. I have no rivalry or dislike for Liverpool, so it means I can look at what is happening at Anfield without any bias either way. But even the most die-hard Everton fan would have to admit that Dalglish is doing a great job.

What football site is that please? Can you give us a link?

Cheers!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #66: Mar 15, 2011 09:03:33 pm

No worries - my question might have sounded harsher than I meant. I'm a Glaswegian - subtlety is not an option and I know the website
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #67: Mar 15, 2011 09:06:41 pm
      Glad to hear the little fella's on the mend Scotia.  It's when they give us worrying times like that, everything else seems so insignificant for a while. All the best to you both and the rest of the family.

Thanks mate - he's well on mend. Tried to con me into a new PS3 game today, just because being bored is making him feel sick.

Obviously  :laugh:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #68: Mar 19, 2011 09:34:14 am
      John W Henry and Tom Werner, principal backers of the Fenway Sports Group consortium which owns the club, arrived on Merseyside on Thursday and, despite watching Liverpool's limp elimination from the Europa League at the hands of Braga, formally started negotiations with Dalglish on Friday over a two-year deal.

The 59 year-old, who replaced Roy Hodgson in January, is believed to want a four-year deal, but is unlikely to reject a post he has craved since calling time on his first spell at Anfield in 1991.

Dalglish has required just 14 games – of which he has lost four – to convince Henry and Werner that he is the man to whom they should entrust the task of rebuilding the club, which is testament to how quickly and efficiently he has stabilised Anfield after 18 months of chaos.

When FSG arrived at Anfield in October, buying the club for ÂŁ300 million and ending the unhappy reign of Tom Hicks and George Gillett, they favoured replacing Hodgson at the end of their first campaign with a young manager, used to working under a sporting director, around whom they could build a new dynasty.

Hodgson's failure to arrest Liverpool's early-season slide led to his departure, so Dalglish was initially appointed purely to ensure the club ended the season in relative calm. The master plan remained the same.
      The search for the right candidate to replace the Scot continued, with FSG examining the credentials of a number of European managers. Andre Villas-Boas, of FC Porto, JĂźrgen Klopp, who has guided Borussia Dortmund to the top of the Bundesliga, and Marseille's Didier Deschamps are all known to have been considered.

But, despite lingering concerns over how viable a prospect he is in the long term – as evidenced by the length of the contract on offer – it has become increasingly clear to FSG that dismissing Dalglish was simply not an option.

The Scot has overseen victories over both Manchester United and Chelsea, while Liverpool's form has been such that a top-six finish seems guaranteed, though the vagaries of the FA Cup draw means that they may miss out on a place in Europe for the first time in more than a decade.

FSG had hoped to wait for as long as possible before confirming Dalglish's appointment – as well as that of his first-team coach, Steve Clarke – but Henry and Werner recognise the need to act quickly if they are to rebuild the playing squad this summer.

After overseeing the recruitment of Luis Suárez and Andy Carroll on transfer deadline day – effectively spending the money raised by the sales of Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel – FSG are expected to sanction a substantial foray into the transfer market this summer.

That will be shaped by Dalglish's wishes, though he will have to work alongside director of football strategy Damien Comolli as he looks to reshape his squad with as many as six new faces.

The Frenchman, appointed to oversee recruitment, will need to live up to the reputation that brought him to Anfield if he is to attract top-class talent to a team who may not be able even to offer the enticement of European football.

However, goalkeeper Pepe Reina is yet to admit defeat in the chase to return to continental combat, which used to be regarded as routine at Anfield.

"There are still nine games to play and we still have a chance of getting that fifth position," said the Spaniard.

"There's no doubt it's difficult with no Europe, because we are so used to watching Liverpool in midweek and those European nights at Anfield are really famous."
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8391612/Liverpool-owners-John-W-Henry-and-Tom-Werner-open-talks-with-Kenny-Dalglish-over-full-time-contract.html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d845d6c33fc5717%2C0
      Get in, from a relaible source aswell.

Quick Reply