Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Leighton Baines (Everton)

Read 19508 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Leighton Baines (Everton)
      Mar 20, 2011 11:12:07 am
      Leighton Baines 'lined up for shock Everton to Liverpool transfer

METRO WEB REPORTER - 20th March, 2011

Leighton Baines 'lined up for shock Everton to Liverpool transfer'
      Leighton Baines is being targeted for a shock £10 million summer transfer to Liverpool, according to a report.
      Related Tags:LiverpoolAndy CarrollKenny Dalglish
      The Reds have struggled at left-back all season and have made strengthening the position a top priority for the next transfer window.

Leighton Baines may make the short move to Liverpool (PA)
      It was thought Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish and director of football strategy Damien Comolli had settled on Newcastle United's Jose Enrique as their preferred choice, but it now seems they will be looking a bit closer to home.
      According to the News of the World, their new target is Everton's Leighton Baines.
      The 26-year-old England international has impressed with his attacking play and set-pieces this term, and has been credited with 11 assists in the Premier League.
      Dalglish and Comolli are said to believe Baines can plug the gap defensively and also provide the crosses needed to get the best out of £35 million striker Andy Carroll.
      Everton would be reluctant to sell one of their best players to their local rivals for fear of a backlash from fans, but the club's financial position means they may have to give serious consideration to a £10 million bid.
      With supply for Carroll a key issue for Liverpool, the Sunday Mirror reports they are also lining up a bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young.
      The England winger looks certain to leave Villa Park in the summer after refusing to enter into negotiations about a new contract, but Liverpool will face strong competition from Manchester United for his signature.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/858568-leighton-baines-lined-up-for-shock-everton-to-liverpool-transfer
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Leighton Baines (Everton)
      Reply #1: Mar 20, 2011 11:17:08 am
      Yeah why not he,s being playing well for the bitters and it would be hilarious seeing us getting one of there players over from the pit to see the light .And its being a position that has plagued us,again why not,pacy,good shot/free kicks.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2: Mar 20, 2011 11:20:22 am

METRO WEB REPORTER - 20th March, 2011

Leighton Baines 'lined up for shock Everton to Liverpool transfer'
      Leighton Baines is being targeted for a shock £10 million summer transfer to Liverpool, according to a report.
      Related Tags:LiverpoolAndy CarrollKenny Dalglish
      The Reds have struggled at left-back all season and have made strengthening the position a top priority for the next transfer window.

Leighton Baines may make the short move to Liverpool (PA)
      It was thought Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish and director of football strategy Damien Comolli had settled on Newcastle United's Jose Enrique as their preferred choice, but it now seems they will be looking a bit closer to home.
      According to the News of the World, their new target is Everton's Leighton Baines.
      The 26-year-old England international has impressed with his attacking play and set-pieces this term, and has been credited with 11 assists in the Premier League.
      Dalglish and Comolli are said to believe Baines can plug the gap defensively and also provide the crosses needed to get the best out of £35 million striker Andy Carroll.
      Everton would be reluctant to sell one of their best players to their local rivals for fear of a backlash from fans, but the club's financial position means they may have to give serious consideration to a £10 million bid.
      With supply for Carroll a key issue for Liverpool, the Sunday Mirror reports they are also lining up a bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young.
      The England winger looks certain to leave Villa Park in the summer after refusing to enter into negotiations about a new contract, but Liverpool will face strong competition from Manchester United for his signature.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/858568-leighton-baines-lined-up-for-shock-everton-to-liverpool-transfer

Not the best source to take a quote from.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3: Mar 20, 2011 11:21:57 am
      Not a great source, but I would take him in a heartbeat.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Mar 20, 2011 11:25:51 am
      Lock this.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5: Mar 20, 2011 11:29:56 am

Why would lock this thread? He is liverpool fan, reliable, why not?.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Mar 20, 2011 11:32:51 am
      'according to the news of the world'
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #7: Mar 20, 2011 01:26:21 pm
      Notw, but on another level this lad can get better i thinks would be a good addition.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Mar 20, 2011 02:09:01 pm
      Why would lock this thread? He is liverpool fan, reliable, why not?.

NOTW.

Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 20, 2011 02:34:16 pm
      sh*te source but baines and ashley young down our left flank would be a dream for me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Mar 20, 2011 03:15:49 pm
      He's a f***in beast, best left back in the league, been a huge fan since his Wigan days. Would be my dream signing for left back.

EDIT: sh*t, only seen the source now :(
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Mar 20, 2011 03:21:02 pm
      Would love to see him here. Liked him since his Wigan days.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Mar 20, 2011 03:41:46 pm
      He just signed a new 5 year deal at Everton yesterday.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Mar 20, 2011 03:44:34 pm
      He just signed a new 5 year deal at Everton yesterday.

I don't think he did, Jagielka did though.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6821120,00.html
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 20, 2011 03:45:30 pm
      uhhh yes plz!!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #15: Mar 20, 2011 06:39:12 pm
      Was watching LFC TV the other week and some bloke was on who is good mates with Baines and they were discussing the possibility of him moving here. He said Baines told him if there was one team he would never consider joining, it was Liverpool, so unfortunatly don't see this happening.

Btw to my knowledge he supports Everton, not Liverpool.

Great player though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #16: Mar 20, 2011 06:41:20 pm
      Why hasn't this been locked?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Mar 20, 2011 06:43:13 pm

Should really proof read your articles mate, anything with the S*n and The News Of The W*rld could end up seeing you getting warned/banned etc.

Read the forum rules.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #18: Mar 20, 2011 07:07:20 pm
      How is this topic still open? This is the f**king sunday s*n.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: Mar 20, 2011 08:01:50 pm
      Should really proof read your articles mate, anything with the S*n and The News Of The W*rld could end up seeing you getting warned/banned etc.

Read the forum rules.

Yeah sorry, I didn't read it properly. I wanted a mod to lock it but no one has yet. I wouldn't of posted it if I saw that, feel guilty now.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #20: Mar 20, 2011 08:14:42 pm
      Consider it locked, no reputable link.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #21: Apr 30, 2011 02:18:28 am

"The Chosen One" denies Leighton Baines could leave Everton for Liverpool

• 'I don't want to sell him,' says the Everton manager

Andy Hunter
      The Guardian, Saturday 30 April 2011

"The Chosen One" has dismissed the prospect of Leighton Baines crossing the Merseyside divide to join Liverpool this summer and said no one will be leaving Everton against his wishes.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Bayern Munich have all been linked with the 26-year-old left-back, who has consolidated his position in the England squad as the nearest rival to Ashley Cole following another outstanding campaign at Goodison Park.

Baines, signed from Wigan Athletic for £6m in 2007, committed to a new five-year contract with Everton only last June but, while aware of interest in the Kirkby-born defender, Moyes is adamant the England international is not for sale.

"We have signed him on a five-year deal and Everton sell very expensively," he said. "I don't want to sell him and Everton sell very expensively; that's what we do. We don't sell cheap and the chairman looks after the players and gives them what he can. So he is not for sale."

Asked if he had any concerns that Baines would push for a move to Liverpool if an offer materialised from Anfield, the Everton manager added: "I can't see it. It's not for me that one and I think they know that as well."

Moyes is expected to face the dilemma, however, of whether or not to cash in on one of his assets this summer in order to raise funds for new signings. The Everton manager resisted that approach last pre-season in order to invest in new contracts for Baines, Mikel Arteta, Phil Jagielka and Jack Rodwell among others. But the subsequent lack of funds for a new striker undoubtedly cost Moyes' team during a poor start to the campaign.

"If I'm going to do any business this summer, then I want it done early. Whether that will be possible or not, I don't know. I'm hoping, if I can, to bring players in at the start and not later on but nobody will leave the club unless I say so. Nobody will leave unless I give it the go-ahead and that won't change. If we've got the same players for next season as this one, then that's what we'll have. I'll go with the same squad again if I have to," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/30/david-moyes-leighton-baines-everton-liverpool
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #22: Apr 30, 2011 07:26:02 pm
      We'll soon know if it's true or not when Kenwright is saying in press conferences:

"Leighton uttered the six worst words in the world!"

Quick Reply