Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Our pass + move philosophy

Read 3614 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Our pass + move philosophy
      Reply #23: May 10, 2011 03:56:27 pm
      Won't dispute a single word what Alan has said and we're seeing the real effect of it now with KK and Steve around. How often do we see us having 4 players inside the opposition box until KK and Steve comes along? It's that simple, move fast enough and put enough people inside the box, opposition defenders will struggle to deal with the threat and you get the chance to score goals. It's amazing how fast we got out of our half nowadays and it's a joy to watch. Not forgetting to mention Kuyt's ball control has improved while he has attempted those forward and side passes that I wouldn't dare to think that he would do so as it has always been back passes all the way. Special mention on Maxi where KK and Steve has used him to great effect, he's neither a great winger nor a great dribbler where KK's predecessors tried to ask him to be one, but he's one hell of a goal poacher and he pops up at the right place and the right time to score goals and KK and Steve has seen those qualities. It is by no means he's lucky to have scored so many goals lately, but I would say he has got that special intelligence in terms of positioning himself inside the box. What we really need is a tough tackling and speedy midfielder ala Masch to mop thing up when we lost possession on the attack, with that we'll have the ball at the opposition half most of the time. Looking at things now, I'm not sure whether a left and right winger is needed, most probably a left winger is a priority, we have Johnson to whip those balls into the box from the right.

Quick Reply