Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Cover for Suarez and Carroll?

Read 16180 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Cover for Suarez and Carroll?
      Reply #46: Mar 22, 2011 10:00:50 pm
      If Pavlyuchenko is leaving Spurs then I doubt he'd come here just to switch their bench for ours.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #47: Mar 22, 2011 10:14:09 pm
      is he as good as they advertise, he was listed as one of the top prospects in a football magazine they have here in the states

No idea mate, apart from against us - I've seen him play one other time (I was waiting for another game to start and noticed there was a Sparta Prague game on so I watched him for about 60 minutes out of curiousity because I bought him on FM and he was rated as 4 star potential) and he looked really unpolished but that's to be partially expected as he's only 18.  Don't think that three games is enough to make a judgment call on him.  There's definitely talent there, no idea if it will remain as talent or be fulfilled, guess time will tell.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #48: Mar 22, 2011 10:16:28 pm
      Romelu Lukaku
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2011 10:18:07 pm
      Ya agree, he would be the perfect cover, just would cost a lot of money
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #50: Mar 22, 2011 10:39:19 pm
      If we play European football next year, there's merit to bringing in a young promising 10-12M striker for those extra minutes that will pile up. But if we only have the league to worry about, this squad position isn't a real need. We have bigger messes to fix at the moment. 
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #51: Mar 23, 2011 02:07:21 pm
      He was a good enough player to play here IMO it just didn't work out for him.

Thats my point.

I thought Keane was a great signing and as much as i F***ing love the spanish dick head, if rafa had given him more game time instead of being so stubborn and moving him on with half a season left, i am certain keane would have got the 5 points we needed to win the bloody league!

But if keane wasn't good enough, and lets be honest quite a lot of reds actually thought that, then no way is doyle good enough.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #52: Mar 23, 2011 02:21:21 pm
      as much as i F***ing love the spanish dick head...

You have a strange way with words, to say the least :f_doh:
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #53: Mar 23, 2011 02:36:59 pm
      Rafas a hero of mine but if he wasn't so stubborn i believe he could have won us the league using keane. So i love him for everything hes done for this club, but hes still a dick! makes sense in my head.

Anyway back on topic.

gabby gabby gabby gabby gabby agbonlahorrrrrrrrr, hes fast as F**k! hes fast as F**k!!!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #54: Mar 23, 2011 05:34:08 pm
      Ill be honest and say the few reserve games ive watched Pacheco hasnt done much, sterling and morgan stood out for me, but then again ive only caught a few recently on LFCtv
      Sterling and Morgan don't play reserve games, they play for the u18's so if you were watching them the reason Pacheco didn't stand out was because he wasn't playing.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #55: Mar 23, 2011 06:11:56 pm
      I think Kuyt is good cover/backup for Carrol, as he can play as a target CF and is good at battling for crosses.  However, Kuyt's attitude also make him a good choice as potential cover in a 3 man attack.  I think we need another potential starter to go with Suarez and Andy in a 3 man strike-force, and I have thought for a long time (at least since the beginning of Feb ;) ) that Lavezzi is the perfect player for this role!  Great option as a 2nd striker or a winger!  Fast, strong, hard working..... he creates space for his teammates, puts defenders under pressure, defends from the front, creates goals, and bangs in a few himself! 

There are plenty of reasons to doubt we will be able to land Lavezzi this summer, so another option that I think would be comparable would be Lisandro Lopez.  Other options for me would include:  Gervinho, Benzema, Barrios, Mueller, Doyle, etc. 

In my opinion, the amount of money we spend on this position will be decided by what formation Kenny(?) decides he wants to use as our main system next season.  If he wants to use mainly a 4-4-2, we probably won't see much money invested in a backup striker, as Kuyt and Ngog will represent 3rd and 4th choice players.  However, if he decides to utilize a 4-3-3 we will probably see a player of Lavezzi's ilk (hybrid winger-forward who can score and create) made a priority along with a true winger and a 1st choice LB.  If there is money left to spend after those signings, then a player to compete with Lucas for the holding midfield role will likely be the next priority.

Just my opinion thought :)
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #56: Mar 24, 2011 12:28:18 am
      Regarding Václav Kadlec.
      He still is a good prospect, but he's been played on the wing rather than in a striking position for the past one or two seasons, which stalled his development a bit. Also, he's recently gotten his first cap for Czech Republic and you could see from his attitude that he though he was something "special".
      I think he could blossom into an above-average premiership player though. No doubt he'd be really happy to play for us, were his favourite team after all.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Mar 24, 2011 12:31:59 am
      I actually think Kuyt can be a good back up for both of them next season but that's provided we actually get two wingers.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Mar 24, 2011 12:40:08 am
      Somebody like Doyle wouldn't be bad - would be 4th choice and no doubt he would be happy to play that role. Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt and Doyle. It is all good saying Doyle isn't good enough but who else would be willing to sit on the bench and play 4th choice striker? Cause i don't reckon there is that many.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #59: Mar 24, 2011 02:13:49 pm
      Sterling and Morgan don't play reserve games, they play for the u18's so if you were watching them the reason Pacheco didn't stand out was because he wasn't playing.
      Ha ha ha.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #60: Mar 24, 2011 02:16:10 pm
      Benzema or Aguero
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #61: Mar 24, 2011 03:02:19 pm
      Somebody like Doyle wouldn't be bad - would be 4th choice and no doubt he would be happy to play that role. Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt and Doyle. It is all good saying Doyle isn't good enough but who else would be willing to sit on the bench and play 4th choice striker? Cause I don't reckon there is that many.

how would doyle be happy with sitting on our bench?

He gets games for Ireland and he is Wolves first choice striker?

In my opinion he isn't good enough for us but he might earn a move to a club like sunderland for example, a steady mid table premiership club.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Mar 24, 2011 03:11:14 pm
      Doyle is 28 he ain't coming to Liverpool to sit on the bench
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Mar 24, 2011 06:05:02 pm

It's safe to say that if like some people are saying that Doyle won't sit on our bench then there is no chance on this earth that either of them are going to and it would be an expensive purchase for somebody that would end up sitting on the bench. IMO if either of them sign then they start, no doubt!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #64: Mar 25, 2011 08:44:54 pm
      A front 3 of Suarez, Carroll and Aguero.

And then I jizzed in my pants....:D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #65: Mar 25, 2011 08:51:41 pm
      Aguero would be lovely but I doubt we'd pay 40 million for him plus the 10 million a year in wages. Would rather have Sanchez more anyway.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #66: Mar 25, 2011 08:53:42 pm
      Actually, being more realistic, how about Keirrision? I remember we were heavily linked with him back when Rafa was here but didn't have the cash. He had a good reputation too but went to Barca. 

Reports say they are willing to sell. I would imagine he would be cheap enough, like 6-8 million. Fits the FSG bill being young and hungry to prove himself in Europe.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #67: Mar 25, 2011 08:55:23 pm
      I would have preferred to use the money we spent on Carroll to get Aguero instead... but I don't think there is any chance we could be going after him now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #68: Mar 25, 2011 08:57:35 pm
      Actually, being more realistic, how about Keirrision? I remember we were heavily linked with him back when Rafa was here but didn't have the cash. He had a good reputation too but went to Barca. 

Reports say they are willing to sell. I would imagine he would be cheap enough, like 6-8 million. Fits the FSG bill being young and hungry to prove himself in Europe.

Been a failure since he left Palmeiras, he's currently playing for Santos on loan and is not exactly impressing. He was the youngest Brazilian topscorer at a small club, then scored loads of goals in the beginning of his Palmeiras career but always took a lot of blame for going missing in the big games. I thought he was going to develop into a big player but I wouldn't bet on that now.

Quick Reply