Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)

Read 39253 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Javier Pastore (Palermo)
      Reply #138: Jul 01, 2011 07:44:16 am
      I am actually aware how much Italian/German league you watch and looking back on it now, it might appear as if I'm specifically talking about you when I said "people tend to show too little respect..." because I'd quoted you, that was more of a general observation though.  I know you're a big Italian/German league fan.

As for Mr. Pastore, perhaps PSG sold him the dream?  Wealthy owners, French league title is a very achieveable target so he could get the CL experience that most top players talk about.  Slightly less pressure before making his big switch?  Good wages?  Maybe he dreams of living in Paris for 4 or 5 years?  He could just as easily refuse a contract extension around the 3 year mark and PSG would be forced to sell before losing him on a free and then he could kick on and go forward with his career - he's a young lad with enough football years in front of him.  Possibly a combination of all of the above factors.

Maybe you're right, PSG are just testing the waters perhaps, who knows?

You could be right, also.

He's only 22. He could choose money over a dream at that age. Many promising South Americans choose money in Ukraine and Russia instead of bigger clubs around Europe.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

...unless JWH swoops? Yes wishful thinking but i F***ing want him here. Both my transfer hopes could of been snapped up for probably half the price had we gone in early but too many clubs are interested in them (Sanchez and Pastore). Since November i thought they could be a possibility for us. Gutted.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #139: Jul 01, 2011 11:04:35 pm
      The thing with Pastore is that when Palermo got him, there was a clause that says that 50% of the next fee will go to the original club and his agent, so they(Palermo) need to get a really big sum to be worth selling him.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #140: Jul 02, 2011 06:27:58 pm
      how really good is this Pastore .. to be valued at 50m
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Ryan Giggs shagged my mum.
      Reply #141: Jul 02, 2011 07:37:42 pm
      I'd say it's bull by the club in an attempt to keep him.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #142: Jul 02, 2011 07:57:45 pm
      how really good is this Pastore .. to be valued at 50m

I think if he leaves it wont be anywhere near that figure.. massivly inflated
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #143: Jul 02, 2011 09:41:46 pm
      Every bit worth it though.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #144: Jul 02, 2011 10:14:18 pm
      He is a very good player... But 50 million worth? It's not a question of no one is worth this and that ... It just seems alot to me.. In my opinion it would be closer to 30-35.. If he moves.. You can't blame Palermo for trying to get as mch as they possibly can though
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #145: Jul 04, 2011 09:24:58 pm

Pastore attracts Prem interest
      Manchester United, City and Chelsea targeting youngster

By Simone Bargellini
      Last Updated: July 4, 2011 4:05pm

Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini claims three Premier League sides are chasing highly-rated youngster Javier Pastore, while Spanish clubs are leading the race for his signature.

The president says there is a '90 per cent chance' Pastore will leave, but insists if his future is not resolved within the next 15 days, before the end of the Copa America, then the Argentine playmaker will remain at the Serie A side.

Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea are reported to be looking to land the 22-year-old, who Zamparini has previously stated will not leave Palermo for less than €50million (£45.1m).

However, it is Real Madrid and Malaga that the president claims are favourites to capture the youngster, who is contracted at the Stadio Renzo Barbera until June 2015.

Barcelona have also been linked with Pastore but Zamparini does not expect him to join the European champions, insisting they do not have a place for him in their midfield.

And he has all but ruled out letting the Argentina international go to a rival Italian club.

He told Gr Parlamento: "The situation of (Javier) Pastore is in the hands of his agent.

"We must solve it within 15 days, before the end of the Copa America, otherwise Pastore stays with us.

"However, there's a 90 per cent chance that he'll go away, because it is the desire of the player. That is normal when you know that certain clubs want you.

He added: "Pastore will go to England or Spain, but I'd exclude Barcelona, because they already have (Andres) Iniesta and Xavi in that position.

"The favourites are Real Madrid and Malaga. Manchester City are also interested in him, as well as Manchester United and Chelsea.

"I'm sorry to let him go, because he is the only world-beater that I have had (at the club) as president."

Champions AC Milan and Serie A rivals Juventus have also been linked with the midfielder, but Zamparini has played down the prospect of an Italian move.

"In Italy at the moment there is no money for the champions," he said.

"Big clubs spend almost all the money on players' salaries, which are not compatible with this football.

"Juventus? They had come forward before the arrival of (coach, Antonio) Conte, but Pastore isn't suitable to their type of game."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7018624,00.html
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #146: Jul 04, 2011 09:28:12 pm
      45 million for a 22 year old,looks a great player defo 1 for the future,would love us even to be linked with him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      I killed a guy with a trident.
      Reply #147: Jul 04, 2011 10:19:25 pm
      Malaga? Interesting.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #148: Jul 05, 2011 11:40:27 am

another with new money... They won't tempt him there though no chance
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #149: Jul 05, 2011 09:47:50 pm
      I personally don't think there is anything THAT special about him. He is a very good player, sure, but worth 50mill? Not to me. He's price and quality is inflated. At least that's what I think. And I hope he proves me right if he joins the EPL and not for LFC :D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #150: Jul 05, 2011 09:57:31 pm
      I personally don't think there is anything THAT special about him. He is a very good player, sure, but worth 50mill? Not to me. He's price and quality is inflated. At least that's what I think. And I hope he proves me right if he joins the EPL and not for LFC :D

Been saying this for months!  He is a 20-25M player.  No more until he proves himself on a larger stage. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #151: Jul 28, 2011 06:01:16 pm
      PSG showing it is not about Champions league but how much money you have, they are about to buy Pastore for 45 million euro
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #152: Jul 28, 2011 06:09:14 pm
      PSG showing it is not about Champions league but how much money you have, they are about to buy Pastore for 45 million euro

Times like these when I really F***ing hate where  modern day football is going.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #153: Jul 28, 2011 06:49:13 pm
      Wealthy owners are destroying the transfer market. If the financial rules aren't enforced I fear from us and football in general to be honest
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #154: Jul 28, 2011 07:32:26 pm
      Its going down the pan,look at the money getting throwing around,its madness its like ransom every player.
      Hayday
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #155: Jul 28, 2011 11:14:10 pm
      This is bullshit, I'm sick of players being so influenced by money. Pastore is a good player who could win a lot of trophies and be very successful but instead he chooses extra money and moves to F***ing PSG??? I know Liverpool had no chance of signing him and probably weren't even interested in him but it still pisses me off, Aguero too, these players could make a fortune at other clubs and be part of history by winning trophies but instead they are greedy and just want an extra million or two a year. It worries me what the future will hold for football when there are so many of these greedy footballers around. Financial fair play rules are a step in the right direction but I don't think they will make a huge difference, clubs will find a way around them and one of the most corrupt organisations in the world will be enforcing the bloody things. I just hope that Liverpool will always try to sign players that are signing for the right reasons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #156: Jul 28, 2011 11:18:48 pm
      If these players want to go to the likes of PSG for the money then not the type of player we want here anyway in my opinion.

I agree it is sad to see the way the game is going but we should only be interested in players that are desperate to play for us and I think that is what Kenny and Comolli have been doing this summer.
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #157: Jul 29, 2011 07:18:26 am
      What the f*ck is going on with the transfer values??? What the f*ck is going on with some teams???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #158: Jul 29, 2011 07:23:35 am

They're not "about to buy Pastore". They haven't even met with any of his representatives. They "could be about to buy" Pastore.

And they bought Momo Sissoko....oooo!! That's intent! Thus far they've only bought second rate Frenchmen.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #159: Jul 29, 2011 07:24:18 am
      And they bought Momo Sissoko....oooo!! That's intent!

:lmao:
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #160: Jul 29, 2011 07:41:17 am
      i don't think we should complain really, suarez could have been a legend for Ajax, but he chose LFC instead and the same could be said about carroll as well. At the end of the day players want to earn more and play for big clubs. There are still players who have honor and loyalty but they are a minority, imo. Sorry for going off topic.

Quick Reply