Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Great story: "Dad? I want to support Man United."

Read 7854 times
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Re: Great story: "Dad? I want to support Man United."
      Reply #23: Mar 30, 2011 09:30:57 am
      It's a struggle being an LFC supporter, with three boys (3,6,8) in deepest Manchester. Oceans of Scum and Citeh clobber on the school run. Their heads were turned from time to time. But they wear their colours proudly now. And that Man U win has nailed it. Great story. Something to lean on for all nail-biting LFC dads everywhere.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Mar 30, 2011 09:53:31 am
      Great story that, i can understand his frustration, i have a six year old lad and he's been a red since been a feotus( i think thats how you spell it), his mother(her-bitchiness) and i split a few years back and after a while she met her new beau and he very quickly moved in, you can imagine my relief when it turns out he is also a red and obviously that prevented future problems had he supported someone else and possibly turned my lads head, my daughter is only five months old and although she doesn't know it yet she loves the greatest club in the world and has all the glory to look forward to.

loved reading that, bet your so proud mate, YNWA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #25: Mar 30, 2011 10:13:33 am
      Absolutely brilliant story, sitting here smiling like a fool.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #26: Mar 30, 2011 12:01:58 pm
      I F***** love that read mate.I also am having problems with a grandson (7).He (Lewis ) started with The Arse,then Chavs.Infact coming out of a cafe with him wearing a Arse top,Chav shorts a lady diner says "that boy has issues"To which my reaction was to turn to Lewis and asked him which team he supported.He raised his arms in the air and proclaimed "Liverpool Liverpool".This as you can imagine caused fits of laughter all round ;D.
      Now sadly due to Judas 's betrayal,Lewis is now asking for a SCUM school bag.Where will this end (sigh).
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #27: Mar 30, 2011 01:11:46 pm
      It's kind of hard when your kids suddenly showed some intention of supporting Scum. But I do admire the way their dad injected the values of being a true Liverpool supporter. Never be a turncoat. Stay loyal eventhough the goings get tough and let them know that they will never walk alone!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Mar 30, 2011 03:08:54 pm
      That's proper parenting.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2011 07:19:59 am
      Great read, thanks for sharing the article!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #30: Mar 31, 2011 09:03:38 am
      "Well you can support man utd or you can have a dad" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #31: Mar 31, 2011 03:31:44 pm
      Absolute great read.

That is exactly why during my generation we had the "glory hunting generation" of United fans.

Luckily for me when I started following at about 6 years of age in 1997, I was hooked on Robbie Fowler and then Michael Owen and had my much older cousin telling me about our European Cups and giving me jerseys.

Not that I didnt have other older cousins trying to convince me to follow United and Beckham. But for some unknown reason, even though I knew Uited were much better at the time, my loyalties never swayed :)
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2011 10:44:37 am
      They will never be better than us. Most of them are a bunch of hungry lions attacking the ref when things didn't went their way. From Keane to Beckham, from Giggs to Rooney, it's all kind of the same. This was the principle Fergie installed in them; In Webb we trust, if not prey on him!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33: May 07, 2011 10:19:26 pm
      Sound that!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #34: May 07, 2011 10:30:41 pm
      Absolutely class that - am I the only one who heard John Bishop as the father...?
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 10, 2011 08:25:39 am
      I feel inabit familiar with this problem, see, me brother is a red, he's about 9 BUT i remembered he also struggled keeping the faith when we were under woy wodgson
      He didn't care much after the Blackpool defeat, and i was trying to keep the flame burning in him it was abit hard and one day he came to me and said "Guess who i support now"? Me- "Liverpool or what?"he- "No im supporting Chelski" And i was trying to "But you still like Liverpool eh"? and i got this answer "Not that much"....alrite...What are im going to do now, well me dad didn't liked it either, he supports West Ham but he didn't really cared..So i was trying to keep me faith with only me mate with me (He's also a Red).
      And as King Kenny came it all started to get better. Me and me brother hadn't really been with each other for a while cause i just wanted to show him inabit that "If you go and support the chelski tw*ts then you can Fcuk Off!!" but after the City game 3-0 he declared "Axel, do you know who i support now?" and i was having me fingers crossed and answered "Can it be Liverpool?" and he was going "YES, LIVERPOOL, F**k CHELSEA THEY ARE UTTER sh*te"
      :)
      But great story mate, i reckon that yours are better than mine, but i just aved a go :) YNWA
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2012 03:03:50 pm
      Great story that :)

Shame my eldest (6) is a manc, its his grandads fault, he doesnt listen to me :(

But there is hope my youngest lad and girls are all reds :D
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2012 04:19:17 pm
      I don't think age 6 is too late to turn away from the dark side of the force. Keep up a high level of indoctrination and you might have a chance, Blood!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2012 05:36:07 pm
      Great read that! Glad I didn't miss it

Quick Reply