Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Battlefield 3

Read 51541 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #161: Oct 25, 2011 03:52:26 pm
      Not the best thread to ask this question, but since I'm getting this game tomorrow, I need to know this:

My computer has "switchable graphics" wherein the computer automatically switches between on-board graphics and the graphics card to conserve battery. I googled it up and got everything I wanted to know except this:

How do you get to know which graphics are in use at one particular time, whether the onboard graphics are being used or the graphics card?

Anyone has any idea? Res?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #162: Oct 25, 2011 03:59:20 pm
      I doubt on board graphics would handle this game, so when your game crashes and computer sets on fire I would say that's when you should know its switched to on board :P
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #163: Oct 25, 2011 05:09:21 pm
      I doubt on board graphics would handle this game, so when your game crashes and computer sets on fire I would say that's when you should know its switched to on board :P

Haha. :laugh:

No, but I need to know how to change it too, because I really want to play this.

There are some settings wherein you maximise video performance and 3D performance but I think those might not be the full settings. I read somewhere that when the laptop is plugged in, it automatically switches to graphics card. Any help on this? :P
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #164: Oct 26, 2011 12:43:49 am
      Pre-ordered the Limited Edition of this from Game for my XBOX 360.

Can't wait till Friday!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #165: Oct 26, 2011 12:52:00 am
      Been playing it all day today.

The singleplayer is meh, nothing special and is only 5 - 8 hours depending on your skill.

But Battlefield is all about online, and damn is it good! Some of the maps are huge! Usually I have favourite and least favourite maps on fps games, but Ive played them all and loved them all so far. Oh, and Ive been playing Battlefield since the beginning way back, but I still cant control a damn helicopter or jet...  just ask any of my squad mates tat are now a pile of mess on the floor..... -.-'
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #166: Oct 26, 2011 02:18:31 am
      Been playing it all day today.

The singleplayer is meh, nothing special and is only 5 - 8 hours depending on your skill.

But Battlefield is all about online, and damn is it good! Some of the maps are huge! Usually I have favourite and least favourite maps on fps games, but Ive played them all and loved them all so far. Oh, and Ive been playing Battlefield since the beginning way back, but I still cant control a damn helicopter or jet.   just ask any of my squad mates tat are now a pile of mess on the floor. .. -.-'
      Sounds great!

Friday feels like it is years away... :'(
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #167: Oct 26, 2011 03:36:21 am
      Midnight thursday that's when I'm getting mine.

Sad i know  :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #168: Oct 26, 2011 10:13:25 am
      Mine got posted out yesterday by Play.com so if I'm lucky, it'll be here tomorrow! Hope so because I'm away this weekend so so would love to get a good game in before I go.
      Make sure you have a bit of hard drive space if you're buying it for xbox. To make sure it looks pretty, the HD textures come as a separate install that's 1.5gb. If you want to completely install the single player, multiplayer, co-op and texture pack, it's a whopping 15.5gb but that's not essential of course.
      Most reviews so far seem to agree, single player is so so, online it's amazing.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #169: Oct 26, 2011 07:13:25 pm
      I'm not going to pre-order it. Definitely going to get it though.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #170: Oct 26, 2011 09:51:01 pm
      Can't wait. Only an hour or so before i go to pick it up. Just waiting for the shop to open its doors.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #171: Oct 26, 2011 11:11:09 pm
      Well I just bought it on the PS3, did the update then signed into multiplayer to have a go but it gave me this error ''Online pass check fail please try again later''

anyone knows how to fix this? :(
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #172: Oct 26, 2011 11:17:07 pm
      Well I just bought it on the PS3, did the update then signed into multiplayer to have a go but it gave me this error ''Online pass check fail please try again later''

anyone knows how to fix this? :(
      Go into "Store" in the In-game main menu and then go to redeem code or enter online pass i think it is.

Or depending where you are, the servers are probably not open yet.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #173: Oct 26, 2011 11:24:22 pm
      Go into "Store" in the In-game main menu and then go to redeem code or enter online pass i think it is.

cheers mate, tried it now but can't redeem the code because its not found in my region, which is pure sh!t and I'm using my little bro's account play online so I'll ask him to change the address to UK or something that should work :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #174: Oct 26, 2011 11:36:23 pm
      cheers mate, tried it now but can't redeem the code because its not found in my region, which is pure sh!t and I'm using my little bro's account play online so I'll ask him to change the address to UK or something that should work :D

What is the region of the game? And where are you at?

Any european region vouchers/DLCs can only be redeemed on a PSN account with European address. Unfortunately, once you make a PSN account, you cannot change it's address.

Just create a new user for the PS3 and then create a new PSN with a European address. Then redeem whatever coupon on there. It will work for all the user accounts of that PS3, regardless of what address are on the PSN accounts of the users there. Well, at least that worked for my FIFA 11 online pass.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #175: Oct 26, 2011 11:57:29 pm
      As Ad said, create a new user account and a new PSN with a UK or US address. That should work.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #176: Oct 27, 2011 12:00:46 am
      What is the region of the game? And where are you at?

Any european region vouchers/DLCs can only be redeemed on a PSN account with European address. Unfortunately, once you make a PSN account, you cannot change it's address.

Just create a new user for the PS3 and then create a new PSN with a European address. Then redeem whatever coupon on there. It will work for all the user accounts of that PS3, regardless of what address are on the PSN accounts of the users there. Well, at least that worked for my FIFA 11 online pass.

region of the game is PAL, but I'm in Lebanon, so I guess I'll create a new account but with a UK address, it sucks not playing most online games because of region difficulties :(
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #177: Oct 27, 2011 12:17:02 am
      region of the game is PAL, but I'm in Lebanon, so I guess I'll create a new account but with a UK address, it sucks not playing most online games because of region difficulties :(

Yeah, just create a dummy account to redeem DLCs/vouchers.

I live in Malaysia and all my games are bought from the UK. I kinda freaked out for a bit when I couldn't redeem my Call of Duty Classic voucher or FIFA 11 online pass!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #178: Oct 27, 2011 12:07:10 pm
      I have got a couple of extra accounts that I set up - one for Japan and one for the US.  I don't actually use them for playing though - I think I only set them up because there were different demos on different stores.

Not sure if that's still the case.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #179: Oct 27, 2011 12:31:31 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #180: Oct 27, 2011 12:42:24 pm
      Ive played this map loads of times, didnt notice that jump!!!!

*Turns on Battlefield 3*
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #181: Oct 27, 2011 12:58:28 pm
      If I've got enough time I'll probably head out and get this over the weekend. Hopefully it won't have sold out everywhere.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #182: Oct 27, 2011 01:25:06 pm
      Yeah, just create a dummy account to redeem DLCs/vouchers.

I live in Malaysia and all my games are bought from the UK. I kinda freaked out for a bit when I couldn't redeem my Call of Duty Classic voucher or FIFA 11 online pass!

thanks mate, I've done it now and played a couple of maps, awesome game the sound of the Mig above your head freaked me out haha
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #183: Oct 27, 2011 04:02:59 pm
      My copy is here, just installing and updating  ;D

Quick Reply