Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Battlefield 3

Read 51160 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #414: Jan 25, 2012 11:06:10 pm
      I'm sure it would take me more than that because I can't even kill 10 ppl ;D
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #415: Jan 26, 2012 03:55:25 pm
      Depends what system you are on.  Pc should be quicker in theory since there are more people to kill.

I'm at about 78hr play time, at lvl 39.  But I used to play recon a lot when first starting.  Tbh engineer is the best class to use.  I'm working on getting a service star with every engineer weapon.  Working on the aku 74 right now.  Got the hk53, sg553, an91, m16a4, scar, and another one done.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #416: Jan 26, 2012 10:20:42 pm
      I'm on the PS3.

I've only played it like three times so far and I think I;m only level 3! hahaha
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #417: Jan 26, 2012 10:27:45 pm
      My house mate is addicted to this game.
      I know there are plenty of jokes on the net about people being addicted but I am 100% serious about this. On his days off, he gets up, has a fag then sits down to his xbox. He plays the game all day, only stopping now and then for more fags and once a day for a ready meal. He then plays on into the early hours.
      He works night shifts so when it's one of those days, his routine is exactly the same but at the last minute, he rushes upstairs to get changed then heads off to work. First thing he does when he gets in is put the xbox back on.
      He has taken this week off work and just spent the entire time playing BF3.
      Last weekend, 3 friends came over before we headed off into town so we were all stood next to him talking and he just carried on playing, in a trance. Eventually we went out without him and when I got back home at 3 am, he hadn't moved an inch and was still playing.
      Scary sh*t!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #418: Jan 26, 2012 10:34:35 pm
      Oh sh*t, Rep.

That's addiction.

I love Call of Duty but i've never given up football or anything else for it, ;D.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #419: Jan 27, 2012 01:19:26 pm
      My house mate is addicted to this game.
      I know there are plenty of jokes on the net about people being addicted but I am 100% serious about this. On his days off, he gets up, has a fag then sits down to his xbox. He plays the game all day, only stopping now and then for more fags and once a day for a ready meal. He then plays on into the early hours.
      He works night shifts so when it's one of those days, his routine is exactly the same but at the last minute, he rushes upstairs to get changed then heads off to work. First thing he does when he gets in is put the xbox back on.
      He has taken this week off work and just spent the entire time playing BF3.
      Last weekend, 3 friends came over before we headed off into town so we were all stood next to him talking and he just carried on playing, in a trance. Eventually we went out without him and when I got back home at 3 am, he hadn't moved an inch and was still playing.
      Scary sh*t!

Gaming addiction is very real and possible, don't let this drag out! If this has been going on for a little time now, your friend sounds like he needs some help. And I don't mean with unlocking all multiplayer class achievements!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #420: Jan 27, 2012 01:27:35 pm
      your friend sounds like he needs some help. And I don't mean with unlocking all multiplayer class achievements!!
      :lmao:

I'm on it, mate. I absolutely believe that this sort of addiction exists and I was close at one point myself (Delta force : Black Hawk Down multiplayer on the PC, believe it or not).
      You'll understand it's a tricky one for me to tackle for two reasons. Firstly, I live with him so don't want to cause an argument and secondly, I like a game myself so will often jump on with him for a few maps.
      Last night when I was at work I posted a link on his Facebook wall to a gaming addiction website. From his point of view I was obviously just taking the piss but as you know, I was semi-serious. Me and a friend then started quoting 'signs' of addiction at him. He argued back (we were amazed that he stopped playingfor long enough to reply, though probably between maps).
      By the time I got home, he had stopped playing and was surfing the net. We even had a conversation about random sh*t for about an hour!
      Small steps but the seed has been planted in his head, maybe that was all that was needed. Time will tell.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #421: Jan 27, 2012 01:39:20 pm
      Good to hear mate, and good on you for trying to get him back on track. Games are a great way to 'escape' sometimes, but when all you are doing is escaping you tend to end up eventually with nothing in your life to escape from, if ya know what I mean.

Funny, I used to play DF: Black Hawk Down! Don't know how you got addicted to it though man, it wasn't THAT great :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #422: Jan 27, 2012 03:05:15 pm
      Funny, I used to play DF: Black Hawk Down! Don't know how you got addicted to it though man, it wasn't THAT great

It was a very simple FPS, almost entirely infantry based aside from the odd humvee that drove round on a set route that you could jump on.
      I think it was addictive for two reasons.

1 : They make these games so that you are always chasing that next reward. In terms of military FPS games this is mainly climbing the ranks but also things like K:D ratio comes into play. BF3 is a great example of this, you are constantly being rewarded for things that you do in-game so you are encouraged to push on. I felt the same about BHD. Just a few more kills or take a few more flags or get a few more headshots and I'd be on to the next rank.

2 : I joined a squad. We were called Zero Tolerance and that's where the zT part of my xbox gamertag comes from. We had a forum, our own server and would play matches against other squads. Just as LFCReds is a great (and addictive) way to keep in touch with LFC fans, I made a lot of friends through the zT forum and it became the perfect escape from the crap going on at home.

I stopped playing it in around 2006 but still keep in touch with many of the old squad and we talk a lot on Facebook. As sad as it may sound, that game and that era will always provide fond memories for me.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #423: Jan 28, 2012 08:19:57 pm
      This fella is worth a subcribe, funny as f**k. Does this all the time haha

Skip to 0.45 seconds

BF3 Chopper Stuck Mid Air LULZ
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #424: Feb 19, 2012 03:42:53 pm
      Anyone looking to join a platoon on PS3 give us a shout were looking for players.

And check this fella's video's out, great laugh.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/birgirpall/videos
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #425: Mar 07, 2012 05:16:13 pm

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #426: Mar 07, 2012 05:32:18 pm
      I was reading about this today and I'm undecided whether it's a good thing. Obviously to have any expansion is a bonus but I can't help feeling that the Close Quarters expansion has been designed to pander to the MW fans. It will be interesting to see what game modes you get though and the distructable environments will put it above MW3 anyway.

The Armored Kill expansion sounds interesting, loads of new vehicles and Battlefields biggest ever map. I sometimes get pissed off with maps such as Strike at Karkland where every turn you take you find a tank but with the changes listed in the next patch (RPGs and stingers etc can take out vehicles in one hit), this could be very addictive.

End Game sounds intriguing but that's a long way off yet.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #427: Mar 08, 2012 07:18:46 am
      I dont know if I'll buy the new DLC or not. Im over from this game now. Played to death.

P.S- Still a lot of people BF3 now. A month ago My Rank was around 2500 with Col LVL 28. Now its around 7000.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #428: Mar 08, 2012 10:57:20 am
      Yeah, we've noticed you're slipping off the leader board. By 'we' I mean me and my house mate who is delighted to have finally overtaken you, even though I pointed out that your playing time hasn't increased for weeks, haha.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #429: Mar 08, 2012 01:11:46 pm
      Ha Rep that looks like you're describing me a few years back.
      That's why I haven't bought an FPS since BFBC2.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #430: Mar 08, 2012 02:36:57 pm
      Yeah, we've noticed you're slipping off the leader board. By 'we' I mean me and my house mate who is delighted to have finally overtaken you, even though I pointed out that your playing time hasn't increased for weeks, haha.
      One of my mate is Col Lvl 68 :o and he plays it all the time. His age is around 30. Im Amazed how he is always on XBL playing BF3 all day long every single day of the week.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #431: Mar 08, 2012 02:45:44 pm
      Yeah, same with my mate. He's 33 and worked as a carer doing 3 shifts on, 2 off, 2 shifts on, 3 off etc and all of his free time was spent on BF3. I got him a job at my place on 5 days a week and a lot more money but he quit after 2 weeks and now does nothing but sleep and play BF3!
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #432: Mar 08, 2012 03:48:02 pm
      My platoon just recruited a col lvl 97.  Played with him a few times before he join.  Great all round player but a beast in tanks. 

I actually can't wait for the cqc maps.  Going to make teamwork key.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #433: Mar 09, 2012 01:43:45 pm
      Not too keen on the Close quarters DLC, its too CoD for my liking by the sounds of it.

Ill wait to see proper footage before deciding.

This fella streams on Twitch daily and is Col Lvl 100, has to be up there with the best around.

http://www.twitch.tv/el3ment514
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #434: Mar 12, 2012 02:44:56 pm
      Not too keen on the Close quarters DLC, its too CoD for my liking by the sounds of it.

Ill wait to see proper footage before deciding.

This fella streams on Twitch daily and is Col Lvl 100, has to be up there with the best around.

http://www.twitch.tv/el3ment514

Was watching him for about 5 mins yesterday, and believe me - he's nothing special.

If you want to see good, check these guys out:

http://www.twitch.tv/90n1ne <-- Must have the best aim ever.

http://www.twitch.tv/donmarcello87 <-- Clan-mate of mine. We play together alot.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #435: Apr 10, 2012 04:44:30 pm
      This new patch had killed the whole F***ing game.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #436: Apr 10, 2012 06:33:30 pm
      This new patch had killed the whole f**king game.

God I hope not, love the game to bits, dont get on as much as I'd like, please dont ruin my baby :(

Quick Reply