Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Microsoft Scam

Read 2617 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Microsoft Scam
      Mar 21, 2011 11:48:13 am
      Just had the following email from someone in our IT department. Thought I'd share it just in case it happens to any of you :

Morning to all

I received a telephone this morning from a very nice gentleman called Peter who introduced himself as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - and that he was ringing to help me rid my computer of viruses that were attacking computers in the UK.

THIS IS A SCAM - PLEASE HANG UP - DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF HIS INSTRUCTIONS

This type of scam has been around for a while - and can do serious damage if you get caught out.

Microsoft will NEVER cold call you - offering to "fix" problems / viruses that you didn't even know that you had !!!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,648 posts | 3877 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Microsoft Scam
      Reply #1: Mar 21, 2011 11:49:35 am
      Just had the following email from someone in our IT department. Thought I'd share it just in case it happens to any of you :

Morning to all

I received a telephone this morning from a very nice gentleman called Peter who introduced himself as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - and that he was ringing to help me rid my computer of viruses that were attacking computers in the UK.

THIS IS A SCAM - PLEASE HANG UP - DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF HIS INSTRUCTIONS

This type of scam has been around for a while - and can do serious damage if you get caught out.

Microsoft will NEVER cold call you - offering to "fix" problems / viruses that you didn't even know that you had !!!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call...

I'll fix it for you.
      Just pass me your credit card details and we can sort this out straight away
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Mar 21, 2011 11:51:56 am
      I'll fix it for you.

Ok, the long number is 4988...    hey, wait a minute!!!  :o

:laugh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,648 posts | 3877 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Mar 21, 2011 11:54:13 am
      Ok, the long number is 4988...    hey, wait a minute!!!  :o

:laugh:
      Damn. Had my eyes on the LFC store again this morning :laugh:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Mar 21, 2011 01:37:39 pm
      Thanks for the warning Rep  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Mar 21, 2011 06:16:43 pm
      I'll fix it for you.
      Actually, maybe you could help me out. I inherited some money from a distant Irish relative of mine, 5.6 million euros to be exact. The thing is, I need an Irish bank account to recieve that money on. So maybe you could help me and I'll give you 5% of that 5.6 million. You can PM me your bank details if you like. >:D Oh, did I mention I'm actually from Nigeria? ;D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Mar 22, 2011 03:44:42 pm
      I mean anyone can become a Microsoft Certified Engineer, technically. My company has paid for plenty of employees to do that, and we have nothing to do with them!

For information on getting a cert, call my 1-900 number. Normal rates apply.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,648 posts | 3877 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Mar 22, 2011 03:46:29 pm
      Actually, maybe you could help me out. I inherited some money from a distant Irish relative of mine, 5.6 million euros to be exact. The thing is, I need an Irish bank account to recieve that money on. So maybe you could help me and I'll give you 5% of that 5.6 million. You can PM me your bank details if you like. >:D Oh, did I mention I'm actually from Nigeria? ;D

Sure that sounds great.
      Just hold on the line there.
      Don't worry I'm not tracing your address

Quick Reply