Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Skrtel
      (33%)
      Wilson
      (6.1%)
      Suarez
      (16.5%)
      Carroll
      (0.9%)
      Reina
      (37.4%)
      Somebody else
      (6.1%)

West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury

Read 43435 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Re: West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury
      Reply #644: Apr 02, 2011 05:36:29 pm
      That's the main reason I tend to stay of the forum, and especially the post match thread, on days like this.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #645: Apr 02, 2011 05:38:19 pm
      Who was meant to provide the creativity from midfield, F**k having 2 midfielders afraid to cross the half way line in there yet they seem incapable of getting the ball off the centre halves. God I F***ing miss Alonso a proper midfielder :f_wah:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #646: Apr 02, 2011 05:39:54 pm
      Don't know why , after the season we've had , but that has left me seriously depressed !
      This season can't end quick enough for me now , I really have had enough!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #647: Apr 02, 2011 05:40:44 pm
      Did we have any midfielders on the pitch today?

Creativity seems to be banned word in that area of the pitch.

Fricknin.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #648: Apr 02, 2011 05:42:03 pm
      That's the main reason I tend to stay of the forum, and especially the post match thread, on days like this.

Are you kidding? That's why I generally stay out of The Kop altogether!

Reina - 9/10
      Carragher - 7/10
      Skrtel - 9/10
      Soto - 4/10
      Wilson - 6/10

Kuyt - 6/10
      Spearing 6/10
      Lucas 7/10
      Meireles 5/10

Suarez - 8/10
      Carroll - 6/10

I think that's pretty fair actually.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #649: Apr 02, 2011 05:43:31 pm
      Anyone that thinks Lucas was a 7 today is crazy, he was sh*te along with Spearing. It maddens me we have come to accept such ordinariness at the club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #650: Apr 02, 2011 05:44:48 pm
      Who the F**k and what the F**k gives you the right to say what you have said,are you livin' in the right world.

what game did you watch??
      your pleased with the players we had out there and was impressed by the performance???

But we all know the likes of Cole, Jovanovic, Maxi, Poulsen, Kyrgiakos need replacing, add to the fact the Johnson and Agger injuries meant there was no one in defence to actually bring the ball out from the back and Wilson will not venture forward the way Johnson does.

Martin Atkinson did F**k all to clamp down on the constant clattering of Carroll in the first 15 minutes, even going as far as booking Andy for what looked like F**k-all, Project owl sent them out today to clatter Carroll every time, in his ale house manager style, add to the fact the lightweight midfield wasn't really up for the fight.

I can't see what the anger is all about, the job begins in the summer, overhauling the squad, we've just got to make do with what we've got at the moment.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #651: Apr 02, 2011 05:46:05 pm
      And Huyton we need a big overhaul the talk was of getting rid of 7 players I'd go even higher
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #652: Apr 02, 2011 05:49:12 pm

First laugh I've had in a bit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #653: Apr 02, 2011 05:49:47 pm
      And Huyton we need a big overhaul the talk was of getting rid of 7 players I'd go even higher

Yes, but you have to be realistic, age wise those five would be the first out the door along with soft arse at Forest, so there is six.

The one area we do have to look at is width, even Stevie Wonder would see we haven't got a decent winger within our squad.
      JQ
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #654: Apr 02, 2011 05:50:29 pm
      But we all know the likes of Cole, Jovanovic, Maxi, Poulsen, Kyrgiakos need replacing, add to the fact the Johnson and Agger injuries meant there was no one in defence to actually bring the ball out from the back and Wilson will not venture forward the way Johnson does.

Martin Atkinson did f**k all to clamp down on the constant clattering of Carroll in the first 15 minutes, even going as far as booking Andy for what looked like f**k-all, Project owl sent them out today to clatter Carroll every time, in his ale house manager style, add to the fact the lightweight midfield wasn't really up for the fight.

I can't see what the anger is all about, the job begins in the summer, overhauling the squad, we've just got to make do with what we've got at the moment.

i couldn't agree more....add about 5 or 6 more to that list.....
      that was a bad loss today tho.....f***in hurts this one does!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #655: Apr 02, 2011 05:50:47 pm
      Ya and the answer aint Matt Jarvis, we need quality not another F***ing gamble
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #656: Apr 02, 2011 05:54:22 pm
      i couldn't agree more....add about 5 or 6 more to that list.....
      that was a bad loss today tho.....f***in hurts this one does!

Do you know what, I'm not even arsed, this isn't an arrogant post or anything, but I've seen defeats that really hurt, this doesn't even register.

Just going to ignore the owl's smug smile on motd tonight and don't let it ruin my weekend.

Re-build and we'll be back.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #657: Apr 02, 2011 05:57:48 pm
      No MOTD for me tonight can bear to watch it when we lose
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #658: Apr 02, 2011 06:01:02 pm
      Agree with a lot of the talk from the journalists on twitter we don't have the personnel to play the 4-2-3-1system
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #659: Apr 02, 2011 06:07:31 pm
      I have never called our team S**t,this is your club so get behind them and support them like they should be supported,if you think you can do a better job then go for it and apply to the board.This is Liverpool and no matter what happens I shall be behind them 100% it's my life as a supporter whoever is in charge.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #660: Apr 02, 2011 06:10:00 pm
      Gutted like everyone else,but consoled by the fact,that at least we have the right man in charge of the team to recognise the extent of the  re-building program in the summer.Now is not the time for recriminations,time to stand behind the manager and the squad he inherited.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #661: Apr 02, 2011 06:14:45 pm
      Havent seen the match so don't know whether we were poor or not, but European football has probably fone now. I wasnt surprised that to learn that Atkinson was the ref today, he is so biased against LFC it's untrue, guy should be struck off
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #662: Apr 02, 2011 06:16:44 pm
      Bit more positivity eh.

We were only poor for the final 80 minutes.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #663: Apr 02, 2011 06:20:25 pm
      We were just unlucky. We all know our squad depth sucks. We would've done much better with Johnson and Agger. Hard enough without Gerrard. Let's just hope Agger, Johnson and Gerrard will be back fast so we can have some more good games. And then get some good players in this summer.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #664: Apr 02, 2011 06:22:38 pm
      Really hope FSG have big pockets in the Summer
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #665: Apr 02, 2011 06:25:25 pm
      Bit more positivity eh.

We were only poor for the final 80 minutes.

Hehe.

Well sh*t. I woke up for the match at 7am, but i dunno if it was our internet or what - but no stream would work, then my commentary on the offal wouldn't even play. So i did not hear nor see the match, and thus just watched a score ticker go by. Can't say much more unfortunately, frustrating as hell that i can't see what happened.

Pissed off to say the least though. Can't believe it, was not expecting to lose to them at all.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #666: Apr 02, 2011 06:26:12 pm
      On my way to work in a bit so i'll keep it short and sweet. It was a terrible performance today from the team, Dalglish cannot be blamed for what he's been left with here. He's squeezed some top performances out of this squad in the last couple of months, we've won games we had no right to win. I don't expect too much for the rest of the season, we have to be brutally honest and accept that this squad is nowhere near good enough for a Club like Liverpool.

Carroll and Suarez are going to be a formidable duo, but not until we get proper wingers who can compliment them. We most definitely need a creative central midfielder, someone who can push us on when Gerrard is absent. We need a left back desperately. Agger is becoming a serious worry for me now, another Aurelio on the books i'm starting to think. I pray that he comes through every game unscathed but it seems those prayers are wasted.

Let's just get what we can out of this season, F**k off about 9 or 10 players in the Summer and replace with quality, Liverpool quality that is. At the moment we only have 6 or 7 players that i would class as Liverpool quality and that is not the fault of Dalglish.

I look at where we are now and i'm very grateful, not happy but grateful. Had the Owl still been here we'd be fighting relegation.

Be thankful for small mercies, no matter how small they may appear to be.

We'll get it right in the Summer, we have to.

Quick Reply