Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Skrtel
      (33%)
      Wilson
      (6.1%)
      Suarez
      (16.5%)
      Carroll
      (0.9%)
      Reina
      (37.4%)
      Somebody else
      (6.1%)

West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury

Read 43411 times
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury
      Reply #667: Apr 02, 2011 06:27:21 pm
      For me the season has ended.

Liverpoool won't be european, and isn't threatened, nothing interesting will happen result wise, and out of some Suarez genius moves there's nothing that beautiful to watch in LFC matches either (and rather depressing displays occasionally).

I'm just waiting for the summer market to be able to be interested by Liverpool FC again, and a next season starting with Kenny as manager, some good recruits and fresh morale, of course.

About the match ? Bored not even sad, I felt as concerned as if Liverpool had lost a pre season friendly against Malmö or Neuchatel Xamax (to take teams that can have Roy as manager ;) ).
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #668: Apr 02, 2011 06:29:57 pm
      For me the season has ended.

Liverpoool won't be european, and isn't threatened, nothing interesting will happen result wise, and out of some Suarez genius moves there's nothing that beautiful to watch in LFC matches either (and rather depressing displays occasionally).

I'm just waiting for the summer market to be able to be interested by Liverpool FC again, and a next season starting with Kenny as manager, some good recruits and fresh morale, of course.

About the match ? Bored not even sad, I felt as concerned as if Liverpool had lost a pre season friendly against Malmö or Neuchatel Xamax (to take teams that can have Roy as manager ;) ).

You should always be interested in Liverpool FC. Even in the dark times, my interest never wavered.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #669: Apr 02, 2011 06:36:42 pm
      A bit of +ity, Wilson did well today when he came on
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #670: Apr 02, 2011 06:39:48 pm
      Talk about f**kin highs and lows this season, but this....why oh why.....Got the game recorded for tonight but really don't feel like watching now......WBA for fucks sake!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #671: Apr 02, 2011 06:40:41 pm
      Some of the knee jerk comments in here are laughable, one week we're only a few players away from winning the league the next we need a complete squad overhaul, I think it's somehwhere in the middle in that our first team is good, apart from width which needs to be addressed, but the squad lacks depth.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #672: Apr 02, 2011 06:44:03 pm
      Some of the knee jerk comments in here are laughable, one week we're only a few players away from winning the league the next we need a complete squad overhaul, I think it's somehwhere in the middle in that our first team is good, apart from width which needs to be addressed, but the squad lacks depth.

Kinda how i see it as well.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #673: Apr 02, 2011 06:55:29 pm
      I know a lot of people will disagree with me (they did in our last match as well)but our problems stem from a static midfield pairing without enough quality and without quality or pace out wide to offset the problem. The number of times they passed the ball sideways ..... then just stood there! No doubt IF we had tallented wide players our midfield pairing would be more than adequate, as we don't ,we find that time after time we lack anysort of quality ball being supplied to our attacking players.  

Yes we were unlucky as their second goal was NEVER a penalty, but we hardly covered ourselves in glory before it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #674: Apr 02, 2011 06:55:34 pm
      our first team is good, apart from width which needs to be addressed, but the squad lacks depth.

Ideal situation for me.

Johnson in - £20m
      Young in - £17m

Jova out - £5m
      Cole out - £5m
      Ngog out - £6m

Aquilani back from his loan spell.

3 in 3 out. Net spend of £21m. Spend the rest of our budget on top players, back up striker, 2 CB's maybe?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #675: Apr 02, 2011 07:00:45 pm
      Midfield was terrible and I didn't know Kuyt was playing but there was absolutely no support from the full-backs whatsoever, that is not to be critical of them as neither are attacking types, just a reason for our poor performance.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #676: Apr 02, 2011 07:02:20 pm
      We the fans, quick to praise when we win and also quick to ask for a complete overhaul when we lose. The ref was quite an idiot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #677: Apr 02, 2011 07:09:45 pm
      Didn't see the game as I was working and just about to leave now but judging by the comments it's a pretty typical performance today from the players.

Going to watch the highlights later to see for myself but it's clear there is a bit of work to be done in the summer to say the least.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #678: Apr 02, 2011 07:10:00 pm
      Slight set back and sometimes a defeat like this can  show are weeknesses we   obv not got any relacements at full back  and afer 25 mins we  were caching the game. weve  done well and king kenny with his influence has papered over the cracks but there still there and  we all know what is required. Forget this game as a fan but if i was a owner with a director of football i know want i"dbe doing and i trust fenway sports.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #679: Apr 02, 2011 07:20:55 pm
      Ah fecking hell lads! I remember when it would be a certain 3 points against these and we'd smash 5 or 6 past them! And is it me or everytime we score through Skrtel we take the lead and end up blowing it :laugh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #680: Apr 02, 2011 07:23:39 pm
      Ah fecking hell lads! I remember when it would be a certain 3 points against these and we'd smash 5 or 6 past them! And is it me or everytime we score through Skrtel we take the lead and end up blowing it :laugh:

As soon as his header went in i immediately thought of man city last season.. pretty sure he scored at a similar time as well :D
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #681: Apr 02, 2011 07:26:09 pm
      The lack of width gives us no shape and cuts our creativety down , we never seem to get behind teams to get crosses in what would suit Carroll
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #682: Apr 02, 2011 07:28:59 pm
      We weren't great out wide in 2008 either with Kuyt and Riera but we had a top class centre midfielder who was able to ditate the game.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #683: Apr 02, 2011 07:29:05 pm
      If we thought that Lucas and Spearing will spearhead us to greater heights next season we're simply cheating ourselves. The midfield needs a revamp. We used to have midfielders that can defend and attack, not anymore.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #684: Apr 02, 2011 07:31:58 pm
      We need an overhaul not just for this game but having the worst season in living memory
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #685: Apr 02, 2011 07:35:27 pm
      We weren't great out wide in 2008 either with Kuyt and Riera but we had a top class centre midfielder who was able to ditate the game.

Maybe that's why we didn't win the title.

I won't judge the team and Daglish next season (if he gets the job full time) and let him have a full summer to get the team playing the way he wants. Till then we just have to make do, we all know we need wingers, defenders, midfielders but we can't do anything to sort it out till the summer so let's just make do.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #686: Apr 02, 2011 07:39:31 pm
      You should always be interested in Liverpool FC. Even in the dark times, my interest never wavered.

Usually I'm passionate about LFC matters in dark times. It's more this kind of average times I find too long. The club is playing average football (without the referee would have been a draw or small win), with mostly average (not as bad as many say when they lose, but not that good either) players, and logically getting average results, what else to say. I'm just impatient to see what choices will be made this summer to bring back a greater Liverpool.

And I do have some admiration for still motivated supporters.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #687: Apr 02, 2011 07:40:29 pm
      We had 86 points playing the best attacking football seen by a Liverpool team in the Premiership, we had 2 average wide men difference being we had a proper centre midfield. We havent had that since Alonso left. Shocked how little importance people put in the centre midfield.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #688: Apr 02, 2011 07:45:54 pm
      was not able to watch the game with the cricket wc finals.. disappointed with the result... we could have closed the gap on Spuds.. :(
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #689: Apr 02, 2011 07:49:01 pm
      What annoys me is that we are playing without pressure and still lose against a side fighting relegtation...which brings to me the core of where we are...
      My next door neighbour is a Man Utd fan. He is curious as to why I am so pissed off when we have literally nothing to play for, when I say that I want us to string some results together to make some solid foundations for next season - he says, thats what you always do - when the pressure is off you win 6 games in a row which mean F**k all....

I pray next season is different.

Quick Reply