Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jamie Redknapp - Four, Four, Two Magazine

Read 9495 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Jamie Redknapp - Four, Four, Two Magazine
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2011 09:59:13 pm
      Referring to my post earlier about Redknapp's other Premiership XI in the latest Skysports magazine, I dug it out of the bin as I'd a feeling that team was completely different to this one. 

Schmeichel
      G Neville
      Adams
      Campbell
      Cole

Beckham
      Keane
      Gerrard
      Giggs

Henry
      Shearer

With Ferguson as manager and quoted as ''my perfect Premier League XI''.  He doesn't have an opinion of his own, its influenced by others just like it is depending on who he's sitting beside in the Sky studio.  No doubt it was influenced by whoever he was doing these lists with as well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2011 11:13:20 pm
      If FourFourTwo asked me I would be biased but I'd pick:

Reina

Finnan     Carragher  Hyypia   Riise

Messi        Gerrard    Alonso   Duff

Keane     Fowler
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2011 11:14:45 pm
      The only real surprise for me is that he hasn't included his fat cousin in the starting line up.

Not really bothered what Jamie Redknapp has to say about football as he is one of the many clueless, bandwagon jumping, so called experts currently working in the media today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2011 11:51:19 pm
      Thought I was going to stumble upon a first and read something meaningful from Jamie Redknapp.

I'm still waiting.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #27: Apr 09, 2011 10:59:41 pm
      How you can't include Steven Gerrard as one of the best CM in the past decade in the premiership is beyond me.

Redknapp fuckign bewilderes me sometimes.

except which of the 4 quoted midfielders is he actually better than? ronaldo and giggs are clearly better wide players than SG, viera is better defensively and scholes is a better passer. granted stevie is a better all-rounder than any of them but that doesn't mean he is a better choice for a team...in fact, i often think he shouldn't even be in our team.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #28: Apr 09, 2011 11:03:59 pm
      except which of the 4 quoted midfielders is he actually better than? ronaldo and giggs are clearly better wide players than SG, viera is better defensively and scholes is a better passer. granted stevie is a better all-rounder than any of them but that doesn't mean he is a better choice for a team...in fact, I often think he shouldn't even be in our team.
      Manc???
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: Apr 09, 2011 11:21:28 pm
       Just his opinion I guess, but his is one I don't value.

Jamie, did you not play along side God??? Louise must have screwed his brains out, literally!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #30: Apr 10, 2011 02:19:52 am
      Dunno what the big deal is? Just because he didn't think Gerrard in the premier XI should he really get this abuse. He got similar abuse when he said Torres was not trying and in fact he was right.

I'm sure if you ask 100 non-biased fans quite a few would not put Gerrard in the premier league XI

A lot of United players are in this team, to many actually but they have been the best team by far in the premier league era so in truth they should have more players in the team.

I would say Gerrard is ahead of Scholes but we're biased as Liverpool fans. I'm sure United fans would say the same about Scholes.

Don't think he should get this must hatred just for thinking Scholes has been better then Gerrard.
      Its supposed to be his team!

Not the best. His biased choices. When you look through other players they pick lots of team mates, etc.

He just picked a team that neutrals could justify. No bit of his own mind.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Apr 10, 2011 03:06:29 am
      I don't see Jamie Redknapp as an ex Liverpool player to take much notice to, really. Never have.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #32: Apr 10, 2011 11:08:04 pm
      F***ing toss pot this lad. A big mouth cockney F**k.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2011 10:28:17 am
      Redknapp and his dad can just f*ck off. Can't stand either of them,those horrible adverts J has done for that holiday company are vile.What a c*nt. Asslicking manc symperthizer.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #34: Apr 11, 2011 11:38:13 am
      Dunno what the big deal is? Just because he didn't think Gerrard in the premier XI should he really get this abuse. He got similar abuse when he said Torres was not trying and in fact he was right.

I'm sure if you ask 100 non-biased fans quite a few would not put Gerrard in the premier league XI

A lot of United players are in this team, to many actually but they have been the best team by far in the premier league era so in truth they should have more players in the team.

I would say Gerrard is ahead of Scholes but we're biased as Liverpool fans. I'm sure United fans would say the same about Scholes.

Don't think he should get this must hatred just for thinking Scholes has been better then Gerrard.
      This is LFC forum so we intend to be a bit (too much) biased towards our own players. Who the hell give a f**k of what those scum want to say about scholes?

Since when winning the 5th European cup when everything didn't went our way didn't counted out as the most incredible thing in 2005? Wanted by Madrid, Chelsea and even Scum didn't that count? A midfielder that can attack, score, defend and dictate the whole game still not good enough? How many times did he single-handedly saved Liverpool but yet still no recognition?

My first 11 will be:

Reina

Finnan             Agger                 Adams            Riise

Lennon           Alonso             Gerrard            Suarez

Henry          Fowler
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #35: Apr 11, 2011 11:47:10 am
      It's bollocks anyway.

Irwin is the best left back the Premiership has ever seen. Pallister, Bruce, Hyypia, Carra (in their prime) are all streets ahead of Terry.

If you're not picking Gerrard, then the only player who comes close to him in terms of all round ability is Roy Keane - not Vieira. Though I would have Keane and Gerrard ahead of Scholes and Vieira.

Wingers, as out and out wingers I'd say Overmars, McManaman, Ginola are better than Ronaldo who had two outstandingly good seasons at United but was pretty tame other than those two years. The others mentioned had years upon years of solid seasons.

Up top, possibly got it right though being biased I'd say Robbie Fowler should be in the side.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2011 11:59:55 am
      Is it just me but do players who have actually won trophies get an advantage over those who don't?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #37: Apr 11, 2011 12:19:49 pm
      How you can't include Steven Gerrard as one of the best CM in the past decade in the premiership is beyond me.

You mean the Steven Gerrard who's emergence ended Redknapp's Liverpool career?

Yep.  Surprise he hasn't included him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38: Apr 11, 2011 02:08:06 pm
      "Daddys Gone".....................or nearly will be courtesy of Her Majesty's R and C  and sent to HMP.

Say Bye Bye Daddy    liccle Jamie.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 11, 2011 03:32:46 pm
      Shame on all idiots making personal attacks on Redknapp. He's Liverpool through and through. He's a pundit so obviously not everyone is going to like what he says. Yes, sometimes he sits on the fence or talks nonsense but who the hell doesn't??? It's only a bloody opinion. Fu**ing grow up!!!!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Apr 11, 2011 03:48:47 pm
      Shame on all idiots making personal attacks on Redknapp. He's Liverpool through and through. He's a pundit so obviously not everyone is going to like what he says. Yes, sometimes he sits on the fence or talks nonsense but who the hell doesn't??? It's only a bloody opinion. Fu**ing grow up!!!!!!

Sitting on the fence isn't an opinion.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 11, 2011 03:49:06 pm

I think your missing the point. He should be Liverpool through and through he played for the club allbeit at a below average level. He should show a bit more support in his opion. All I ever see Redknapp do is the same as that other tool Mark "talkshite" Lawrenson, all they do is pile critisism at our door without any justification, and they obviously dont put their brains in gear before they heap some of their hurtful remarks our way.

To be honest I sincerely believe Stan "Dogger" Collymore has more integrity than Redknapp, at least he tries to be somewhat objective and cant hide his disapointment when we f u c k up. I dont think people are idiots for making personal attacks on the man he deserves it as your opion is wrong he is not Liverpool through and through at all. He always wished he had played for Man Utd, and the justification for that is the way he heaps praise on old whiskey nose. As for your remarks about nonsense! yes I agree we can all do that ( i do it in droves when Ive had a bottle of wine) but you only state sometimes? I really have yet here anything come out of his mouth that make sense to be honest, in more that one half time pundit orgy, he has contradicted himself and I will never forget the famous one about Rafa doesnt care about the Premier League he is more interested in Europe!!

Yeah I know its only an opion but he should be more objective, try and validate his points, use some truthful statistics (if there is such a thing) and not be so manc biased. But having said that are we ever gonna get a break from anyone! In my opion he is just a cynical self serving, self promoting idiot like most people in football and doesnt like the most pro or ex pro people in the game "GIVE A FLYING F U C K" about the fans and the people who pay good money to watch average exe players like him.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 11, 2011 04:07:02 pm
      Would Phil Thompson or John Aldridge do this?? Would any real Liverpool fan do this?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #43: Apr 11, 2011 04:09:43 pm
      Wonder if Redknapp will be happy to know he was left out of Jason McAteer's 90s Dream Team. Instead McAteer opted for Ronnie Whelan and Michael Thomas.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #44: Apr 11, 2011 04:17:37 pm
      Shame on all idiots making personal attacks on Redknapp. He's Liverpool through and through.

I seriously doubt that!

People like Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, David Fairclough are Liverpool through and through not the likes of Jamie Redknapp.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #45: Apr 11, 2011 04:25:53 pm
      I think Jamie Redknapp's just a bit of an idiot really. I personally don't have a clue how he gets punditry work. He is clearly not learned enough on the game. People like Gareth Southgate, Lee Dixon and Alan Hansen are all proper pundits but I think people like Redknapp make a great case for not allowing ex footballers as pundits.

The likes of Southgate, Dixon and Hansen clearly have tactical knowledge of the game whereas Redknapp's tactical knowledge extends about as far as what game he should play next on his F***ing Wii.

Quick Reply