Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jamie Redknapp - Four, Four, Two Magazine

Read 9490 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: Jamie Redknapp - Four, Four, Two Magazine
      Reply #46: Apr 11, 2011 04:27:57 pm
      Redknapp's tactical knowledge extends about as far as what game he should play next on his f**king Wii.

His missus and kids probably beat him on the Wii as well :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Apr 13, 2011 09:10:44 pm
      Stupid cock that is Redknapp didn't even put Bergkamp in his team. Cock.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #48: Apr 13, 2011 09:38:11 pm
      Couldnt give a toss about what he thinks.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #49: Apr 13, 2011 10:36:09 pm
      Couldnt give a toss about what he thinks.

Agreed.  The man is an idiot.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #50: Apr 14, 2011 10:10:00 am
      Can't stand Jamie "literally" Redknapps punditry, gets on my tits. All he does is latch on to certain players.

Its all sweeping statements and repeated cliche with him.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 14, 2011 11:34:38 am
      seems to me people dont like much here if they dont agre with it. now do you want a team of players in on merit or one that includes lfc players. without doubt gerrard is the only possible LFC players that warrants a place. personally with a hint of bias id have him & keane in the centre, but when push comes to shove & honesty takes over i might go for PV. that said seeing as im happy with either & i actually think gerrard gives a different option alongside keane then its gerrard for me. no other LFC player warrants a place.

so its up to you either dont call it the best prem 11 & call it what i think is as long as its contains lfc players or dont. to say the likes of risse, finnan, pepe, fowler & did i read right suarez & agger would make the side is unbelievable. we should be debating how do you chose from drogba, RVN, shearer, henry, bergkamp & the likes if its about THE BEST. if its not then why the fuss.

for the record its very hard to choose & up top especially.

bacon face

notevenputtoingthatnamei n........rio.........sta m...............irwin
      ronaldo..........keane.. ........gerrard......... ......giggs
      ....................berg kamp.......henry

& lets not concentrate on LFC players on particualr not making that 11 - look at it & there are huge players missing. so hard to do
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #52: Apr 14, 2011 11:58:16 am
      It's a team of your favourite players, people you like that were good etc, not really based on merit.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #53: Apr 14, 2011 12:09:14 pm
      seems to me people dont like much here if they dont agre with it. now do you want a team of players in on merit or one that includes lfc players. without doubt gerrard is the only possible LFC players that warrants a place. personally with a hint of bias id have him & keane in the centre, but when push comes to shove & honesty takes over i might go for PV. that said seeing as im happy with either & i actually think gerrard gives a different option alongside keane then its gerrard for me. no other LFC player warrants a place.

so its up to you either dont call it the best prem 11 & call it what i think is as long as its contains lfc players or dont. to say the likes of risse, finnan, pepe, fowler & did i read right suarez & agger would make the side is unbelievable. we should be debating how do you chose from drogba, RVN, shearer, henry, bergkamp & the likes if its about THE BEST. if its not then why the fuss.

for the record its very hard to choose & up top especially.

bacon face

notevenputtoingthatnamei n........rio.........sta m...............irwin
      ronaldo..........keane.. ........gerrard......... ......giggs
      ....................berg kamp.......henry

& lets not concentrate on LFC players on particualr not making that 11 - look at it & there are huge players missing. so hard to do

Alright Carroll9. Still believing that Ferdinand and Stam are better than Pallister, Bruce, Adams, Keown, Carragher and Hyypia I see. What a load of F***ing bollocks. Even without being biased, Ferdinand and Stam wouldn't get near the best Premiership XI. Pallister and Bruce sh*t all over them every day of the week. And how you can have a best Premiership XI without the all time leading scorer - Alan Shearer - in is beyond me.

And I'm not even gonna debate no other Liverpool players warranting a place, because that's just an idiotic statement.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 14, 2011 12:24:03 pm
      It's a team of your favourite players, people you like that were good etc, not really based on merit.

oh right - thats different then. i'll base that on different criterea. thinking more of purple patches than players over time. i'll have alonso & pepe in then

MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 14, 2011 12:35:28 pm
      Alright Carroll9. Still believing that Ferdinand and Stam are better than Pallister, Bruce, Adams, Keown, Carragher and Hyypia I see. What a load of f**king bollocks. Even without being biased, Ferdinand and Stam wouldn't get near the best Premiership XI. Pallister and Bruce sh*t all over them every day of the week. And how you can have a best Premiership XI without the all time leading scorer - Alan Shearer - in is beyond me.

And I'm not even gonna debate no other Liverpool players warranting a place, because that's just an idiotic statement.

ohhhhh, gets you - flashing your handbag ;D

I take it you think im someone else for starters for your own para reasons? carol9?? not me old chap

pallister was considered from the list you throw up as was adams & keown with adams very close to being in. but thats just an opinion & id have any of those & be happy. if you want to dismiss stam & rio & others thats up to you. but you are that deluded that you think hyppia & carra should be in... what a joker ;D

straight pick for me between henry & shearer - I actually put shearer down first & changed my mind as lets face it henry was that much better an overall footballer & indeed his record of 174 in 254 for arsenal is actually much, much better than shearers 148 in 303 for newcastle(we will use later clubs as both in same era) - but you can dismiss that if you like. I also pondered having shearer & henry but how can you leave out dennis?

you tell me what other liverpool players would get in & we will chat, if you dont want to cos you know im right then we wont. no skin off my nose old boy :)
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 12:53:49 pm by MickeyScouse »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #56: Apr 14, 2011 01:22:02 pm

ohhhhh, gets you - flashing your handbag ;D

I take it you think im someone else for starters for your own para reasons? carol9?? not me old chap

pallister was considered from the list you throw up as was adams & keown with adams very close to being in. but thats just an opinion & id have any of those & be happy. if you want to dismiss stam & rio & others thats up to you. but you are that deluded that you think hyppia & carra should be in... what a joker ;D

straight pick for me between henry & shearer - I actually put shearer down first & changed my mind as lets face it henry was that much better an overall footballer & indeed his record of 174 in 254 for arsenal is actually much, much better than shearers 148 in 303 for newcastle(we will use later clubs as both in same era) - but you can dismiss that if you like. I also pondered having shearer & henry but how can you leave out dennis?

you tell me what other liverpool players would get in & we will chat, if you dont want to cos you know im right then we wont. no skin off my nose old boy :)

Yes I do believe Sami or Carra should be in, though that was not what was said if you had the ability to read. What was quite clearly said was that neither Ferdinand or Stam are better than those two. If we're picking a Premiership XI (which has been done many a time on this forum in this thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=23010.60#quickreply) then I would include Sami and Carra, but you're leaving out the best centre halves to fit in two vastly overrated centre halves. In other words - idiotic.

As for Henry being a better all round forward than Shearer - once again an idiotic statement. Shearer was stronger, better in the air and a better natural finisher. Henry was quicker, more skillful and scored more spectacular goals. Shearer's record speaks for itself though. And how leave Bergkamp out? Well quite easily really.

Other Liverpool players - Reina could be argued though it wouldn't last too long as Schmichael is the best keeper. Rob Jones, possibly the best right back in the Premiership only for injuries to F**k him up. McManaman, one of the best out and out wingers. Fowler, best goalscorer ever in the history of the League. Owen, in his prime was F***ing frighteningly good but injuries fu**ed him over. Torres again injuries took their toll but breaking records left right and centre when he first arrived - including those of Henry, Bergkamp, Van Nistlerooy, Hasslebaink and any other foreign c**t. Alonso, possibly the best passer of a ball the Premiership has ever seen.

So it's quite obvious that quite a few Liverpool players could be argued to be in the side. But it's all a matter of opinion. There's only 3 players who should be in every Premiership XI - Schmichael being the best keeper, Irwin being the best left back hands down with very little competition and Shearer being the best centre forward to play in the Premiership.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #57: Apr 14, 2011 01:55:37 pm
      Yes I do believe Sami or Carra should be in, though that was not what was said if you had the ability to read. What was quite clearly said was that neither Ferdinand or Stam are better than those two. If we're picking a Premiership XI (which has been done many a time on this forum in this thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=23010.60#quickreply) then I would include Sami and Carra, but you're leaving out the best centre halves to fit in two vastly overrated centre halves. In other words - idiotic.

As for Henry being a better all round forward than Shearer - once again an idiotic statement. Shearer was stronger, better in the air and a better natural finisher. Henry was quicker, more skillful and scored more spectacular goals. Shearer's record speaks for itself though. And how leave Bergkamp out? Well quite easily really.

Other Liverpool players - Reina could be argued though it wouldn't last too long as Schmichael is the best keeper. Rob Jones, possibly the best right back in the Premiership only for injuries to f**k him up. McManaman, one of the best out and out wingers. Fowler, best goalscorer ever in the history of the League. Owen, in his prime was f**king frighteningly good but injuries fu**ed him over. Torres again injuries took their toll but breaking records left right and centre when he first arrived - including those of Henry, Bergkamp, Van Nistlerooy, Hasslebaink and any other foreign c**t. Alonso, possibly the best passer of a ball the Premiership has ever seen.

So it's quite obvious that quite a few Liverpool players could be argued to be in the side. But it's all a matter of opinion. There's only 3 players who should be in every Premiership XI - Schmichael being the best keeper, Irwin being the best left back hands down with very little competition and Shearer being the best centre forward to play in the Premiership.

Your full of it arnt you & yourself. Funny to me though so carry on, great reading (albeit that i cant read – something for some reason you need to point out, make you feel better does it?) The fact you named carra & hyppia above my choice suggests to me that yes perhaps you might include... not to hard to fathom is it

You think they are over rated, fine you have your opinion, im ok with that. Its not fact though. Your the idiot for suggesting otherwise

Hah – do you even grasp what i meant about henry & what an all round striker is. Obviously not or you wouldn’t have made that comment. & i did give you back up stats to show henry had a far better goalscoring record when both were playing against same oppo ( you not like that fact eh? Your opinions worth far more eh?)

You think its easier to leave bergkamp out? Ok then – im not saying he is a show in but lets think shall we. You has had more craft, skill & guile than him in that position? Others could be argues of course but to say its easy is folly.

You say rienna – i say font be silly
      You say rob jones & cite an injury. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Macca yes good yes but not a gigs or ronaldo for example. But not a bad shout. Not in anyone apart from a few blind LFC fans team would he be in
      Fowler – obviously iconic & a terrific finisher in his prime, but far from the best
      Id considered Alonso & torres but alas they arnt there.

Irwin ever considered the best left back in the world? Cole is. Some would argue that. PS is id say there – a shoe in. Shearer? I think iv e made a case for a no. Opinions eh?

I didn’t say none should be considered (& you say its me that cant read – irony as well – i love you) but lets be honest only gerrard really warrants a place. Now go back to the team of the 80’s & then you can have your glory.

One thing, you seem to be a bitter, blind 50 year old hellbent on leaving in the past – yet something tells me your not even 20 & prob not working? Indeed im sure ive seen that you have posted whens games have been on? Just an observation. Not intended to offend. & it wouldn’t have been asked if you hadn’t replied in your own special way ;D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #58: Apr 14, 2011 02:22:20 pm
      One thing, you seem to be a bitter, blind 50 year old hellbent on leaving in the past – yet something tells me your not even 20 & prob not working? Indeed im sure ive seen that you have posted whens games have been on? Just an observation. Not intended to offend. & it wouldn’t have been asked if you hadn’t replied in your own special way ;D

Actually DLS is only about 19 or 20 and just knows his sh*t.

I love the way in the other stuff you mention Giggs and ronaldo to match Macca, yet no mention of one of the greatest wingers to ever grace a football field in England - our very own John Barnes, a true winger and one of the best dribblers of the ball I've ever seen and far better than that kick and rush merchant Giggs and that other show pony Ronaldo.

Oh and meybe some of us want to live in the past because having watched football for the past 35/30 years I'd say there maybe more pace in the game but actual control of a football and passing is a lot worse these days than when I grew up as a kid watching the game.

And in your team, I would of had Rob Jones at right back, a far better full back than Neville ever was, ask Giggs (or the new George Best, as he was called them days) who Jones had in his pocket the whole game at Old Trafford on his debut for Liverpool.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #59: Apr 14, 2011 02:28:56 pm
      John Barnes > Messi.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #60: Apr 14, 2011 02:54:43 pm

Your full of it arnt you & yourself. Funny to me though so carry on, great reading (albeit that i cant read – something for some reason you need to point out, make you feel better does it?) The fact you named carra & hyppia above my choice suggests to me that yes perhaps you might include... not to hard to fathom is it

You think they are over rated, fine you have your opinion, im ok with that. Its not fact though. Your the idiot for suggesting otherwise

Hah – do you even grasp what i meant about henry & what an all round striker is. Obviously not or you wouldn’t have made that comment. & i did give you back up stats to show henry had a far better goalscoring record when both were playing against same oppo ( you not like that fact eh? Your opinions worth far more eh?)

You think its easier to leave bergkamp out? Ok then – im not saying he is a show in but lets think shall we. You has had more craft, skill & guile than him in that position? Others could be argues of course but to say its easy is folly.

You say rienna – i say font be silly
      You say rob jones & cite an injury. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Macca yes good yes but not a gigs or ronaldo for example. But not a bad shout. Not in anyone apart from a few blind LFC fans team would he be in
      Fowler – obviously iconic & a terrific finisher in his prime, but far from the best
      Id considered Alonso & torres but alas they arnt there.

Irwin ever considered the best left back in the world? Cole is. Some would argue that. PS is id say there – a shoe in. Shearer? I think iv e made a case for a no. Opinions eh?

I didn’t say none should be considered (& you say its me that cant read – irony as well – i love you) but lets be honest only gerrard really warrants a place. Now go back to the team of the 80’s & then you can have your glory.

Henry and Shearer - Shearer hands down. Simple as. Though if I wasn't being biased towards me favourite ever player - Robbie Fowler - I'd have both Shearer and Henry in.

As for Irwin being described the best left back, considering he played at a time when Lizarazu, Maldini, Carlos were all in their primes compared to Cole who's competition is Evra, Abidal, Clichy, Capdevila, Zambrotta. Hardly a surprise Irwin never received the global attention he deserved but this is about the best left back in the Premiership, not the world and Denis Irwin is a much better full back than Ashley Cole will ever be.

And yes it is easy to leave Bergkamp out. Same way it's easy to leave out other players of a similar ilk - Zola, Le Tissier, Gudjohnsen, Rooney. Those clever forwards who drop off, it's quite easy to leave them out. After growing up watching plenty of videos of Kevin Keegan and Kenny Dalglish, the modern day players fail in comparison.

Did I say you said none should be considered? Again proving your inability to read. Good lad.

For your information I'm 20, enjoying a few days off work and have an uncanny knack of convincing people I'm a lot older than my years. Might have something to do with my love for 50s and 60s music, war time comics and the fact that I'm clued up on pretty much anything to do with Liverpool Football Club from 1892 to the modern day. What that has to do with anything though, I have no F***ing idea. And I probably have posted on here during matches as unfortunately I don't manage to attend all games. However I do wonder how you've seen me post during games considering you only registered on this forum on the 12th (Tuesday) and we haven't played during that time. Maybe you've just shown yourself up to be Carroll9 eh soft sh*te?
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #61: Apr 14, 2011 04:37:57 pm
      Actually DLS is only about 19 or 20 and just knows his sh*t.

I love the way in the other stuff you mention Giggs and ronaldo to match Macca, yet no mention of one of the greatest wingers to ever grace a football field in England - our very own John Barnes, a true winger and one of the best dribblers of the ball I've ever seen and far better than that kick and rush merchant Giggs and that other show pony Ronaldo.

err no he has an opinion that he thrusts upon others. i agree with some things he says & not others. you think everything is gospel he says then more fool you

what? john barnes - fantastic players for us, but dont be blinkered. you really think barnes was better than giggs & ronaldo? again thats your opinion
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 14, 2011 04:39:43 pm
      Actually DLS is only about 19 or 20

thats actually what i thought... backs up my thoughts to a tee. thanks :)
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 14, 2011 04:43:40 pm

Oh and meybe some of us want to live in the past because having watched football for the past 35/30 years I'd say there maybe more pace in the game but actual control of a football and passing is a lot worse these days than when I grew up as a kid watching the game.

And in your team, I would of had Rob Jones at right back, a far better full back than Neville ever was, ask Giggs (or the new George Best, as he was called them days) who Jones had in his pocket the whole game at Old Trafford on his debut for Liverpool.

oh i loved the past - the glory days, when we were truely kings. i wathced it all & have such great memories (well up until thomas did that shat on us!) but we arnt in the past anymore & i dont support a history book

only picked that sh*t as to me he was around in such a great team (and was a mainstay for such along time) jones had bags & yes looked very, very good at time, but circumstances didnt help. oh so its ok to take the word of giggs on that then ;D

& no bias from here there eh? fellow people & all that
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #64: Apr 14, 2011 04:48:40 pm
      Henry and Shearer - Shearer hands down. Simple as. Though if I wasn't being biased towards me favourite ever player - Robbie Fowler - I'd have both Shearer and Henry in.

henry so much better on & off the ball & as a flair player than shearer creating for others as well as himself imo

but as they are strikers & are judged on goals shall we have some facts for you to dismiss?

henry 174 in 254 for arsenal
      shearer 148 in 303 for newcastle

stats from the same kind of era. so whos the best striker ?
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #65: Apr 14, 2011 04:50:48 pm

As for Irwin being described the best left back, considering he played at a time when Lizarazu, Maldini, Carlos were all in their primes compared to Cole who's competition is Evra, Abidal, Clichy, Capdevila, Zambrotta. Hardly a surprise Irwin never received the global attention he deserved but this is about the best left back in the Premiership, not the world and Denis Irwin is a much better full back than Ashley Cole will ever be.

some very valid points if if you look i had irwin in my side. dont dismiss cole though. guess what? you be saying he was the worlds best ever if he was an LFC player ;D

you know you would
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #66: Apr 14, 2011 04:57:07 pm

And yes it is easy to leave Bergkamp out. Same way it's easy to leave out other players of a similar ilk - Zola, Le Tissier, Gudjohnsen, Rooney. Those clever forwards who drop off, it's quite easy to leave them out. After growing up watching plenty of videos of Kevin Keegan and Kenny Dalglish, the modern day players fail in comparison.

Did I say you said none should be considered? Again proving your inability to read. Good lad.

i dont think its easy to leave any of those out & all stake a claim. thats kind of the point (over your head obviously)

& when did i say you said none should be considered unless you have been dismissive? its you with the reading difficulty "soft lad"

your so biased its funny - kenny was awesome but to say modern players fail in comparrison is daft, just daft
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #67: Apr 14, 2011 04:57:30 pm
      & dunlop -  I grew up watching those players like kenny, keegan & later barnes etc live, not on a fukking betatmax!

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 05:07:41 pm by MickeyScouse »
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #68: Apr 14, 2011 05:05:02 pm

For your information I'm 20, enjoying a few days off work and have an uncanny knack of convincing people I'm a lot older than my years. Might have something to do with my love for 50s and 60s music, war time comics and the fact that I'm clued up on pretty much anything to do with Liverpool Football Club from 1892 to the modern day. What that has to do with anything though, I have no f**king idea. And I probably have posted on here during matches as unfortunately I don't manage to attend all games. However I do wonder how you've seen me post during games considering you only registered on this forum on the 12th (Tuesday) and we haven't played during that time. Maybe you've just shown yourself up to be Carroll9 eh soft sh*te?

thought so, you do come across like a 20 year old before their time, already set in their ways & thinking they know it all.

derrrr, you dont for one second think i might have been reading for a while before posting or even signing up.... derrr never. have a think

ive never been anyone else here, the mods or whoever can proce that, they can check whatever.

you live in your own little world & enjoy :)
       Consecutive posting and posting like a child. Pack it in.

Quick Reply