Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

L.A. Noire

Read 13835 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: L.A. Noire
      Reply #92: Sep 25, 2011 05:31:58 pm
      A Masterpiece.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #93: Sep 26, 2011 01:05:49 am
      Well, I played it lots for weeks...then got a job and was working all the time and too tired to play it. Now I am at Uni, and my PS3 memory has been wiped so going to have to start all over again. Wasn't that far in anyway. I am lookign forward to starting again. :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #94: Sep 26, 2011 11:52:01 am
      Another game that my housemate has, I'm going to have to borrow it  ;)

Also got hold of Deadrising 2 off ebay for about £4 though so I may be too busy whacking zombies  :laugh:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #95: Sep 26, 2011 01:33:06 pm
      Another game that my housemate has, I'm going to have to borrow it  ;)

Also got hold of Deadrising 2 off ebay for about £4 though so I may be too busy whacking zombies  :laugh:

If you wanted zombies you should have gone for Dead Island, the zombie game that's just come out. Though it won't have been 4 quid to be fair..
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #96: Sep 26, 2011 01:36:10 pm
      Good game, lots of content and good graphics, but a bit repetitive and I expected more action

8/10
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #97: Sep 26, 2011 05:43:33 pm
      If you wanted zombies you should have gone for Dead Island, the zombie game that's just come out. Though it won't have been 4 quid to be fair..
      My mate has that as well. I sat watching him on it for about 3 hours and in all honesty, I wasn't that impressed. It's bloody expensive as well!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #98: Sep 27, 2011 07:16:08 am
      Unlocked Every Achievement of this Game.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #99: Dec 25, 2011 05:42:49 pm
      Got this for Christmas from Laura's brother and wife! Can't wait to be back home in a bit over a week and play it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #100: Jan 05, 2012 07:23:33 pm
      Been playing this for a day and F**k I love it. I know some think its a bit slow and all (aka they just wanna shoot sh*t GTA-style, which I appreciate as well) but I love the change of pace. It's still super exciting finding clues, thinking it over, trying to work out if one is lying or telling the truth. And hell, there's plenty of shootouts so far IMO. Those random street crimes pop up over the radio often enough and almost always end up with some shooting I think.

I love the Noir feel as well, really peaking my interest in reading some as well. I'm probably the only one here playing this at the moment from the looks but if anyone else is yet to, get on it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #101: Jan 05, 2012 08:42:28 pm
      I'm probably the only one here playing this at the moment from the looks but if anyone else is yet to, get on it.

My house mate has it so it's there whenever I want to play it but I daren't. I'm already spending far too much time on Skyrim and Battlefield 3 as it is then when I feel like a bit of light entertainment or the missus comes to mine, we play Rayman Origins (which I highly recommend, by the way!).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #102: Jan 05, 2012 09:02:53 pm
      It was okay-ish, started off great then began to drag and get very repetitive. Towards the end, I was looking forward to finishing it which is never a great sign for a video game in my eyes.

6/10
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #103: Jan 07, 2012 01:49:30 pm
      Towards the end, I was looking forward to finishing it which is never a great sign for a video game in my eyes.

6/10

Erm What???
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #104: Jan 07, 2012 08:32:29 pm

Eh, some people won't always get it as much as others.

I'm with you though, think it is absolutely fantastic.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #105: Jan 07, 2012 08:42:06 pm
      Eh, some people won't always get it as much as others.

I'm with you though, think it is absolutely fantastic.
      Get what?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #106: Jan 07, 2012 08:55:32 pm
      Someone wrote this about it which is the view I have also..

1. Receive a case
      2. Drive to one place
      3. (optional) side mission with gunfight/chase before arriving
      4. Search clues
      5. Interrogate someone
      6. Repeat steps 2-5 untill 7 occurs then jump to 7.
      7. (optional) chase main criminal/gunfight
      8. Case solved, go to 1.

There is no variety, Its that over and over again, but even some of the cases are very similar you get the feeling "haven't I just done this part". The idea for the game was great and I couldnt wait for it to be released, got it the day it came out and I love the style and gameplay, but after about 5 hours of doing the above you know nothing new is going to happen, so the rest of the game was quite a bore and everything was so obvious, you knew what was going to happen before it happened.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #107: Jan 07, 2012 10:43:20 pm

The fun involved. Yeah I even get its a little repetitive, but I still think its fantastic fun. Grand Theft Auto is repetitive by that logic, because a lot of missions can be pretty similar when you look over the game. But those are my fav games of all time.

I think its great anyways. To each their own though, I understand the reasons some don't find it fun - but I enjoy those aspects.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #108: Jan 08, 2012 11:35:28 am
      The fun involved. Yeah I even get its a little repetitive, but I still think its fantastic fun. Grand Theft Auto is repetitive by that logic, because a lot of missions can be pretty similar when you look over the game. But those are my fav games of all time.

I think its great anyways. To each their own though, I understand the reasons some don't find it fun - but I enjoy those aspects.
      Exactly mate. The Game for me is Top Notch. I just Love the feel of 40's. Which the game provides me magnificently. L.A Noire will always be close to my heart Just Like San Andreas. Although they are two completely different Games.

Quick Reply