Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Read 27574 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)
      Reply #69: May 14, 2011 02:00:20 am
      As stated previously....Hell No!

Yes he is blisteringly quick but he delivers a quality cross less than I do.
      He also scores no where near enough for me.

There are much much better players out there...and probably in our reserves!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: May 15, 2011 09:05:52 am
      Heard a rumour knocking around yesterday that Lennon for Joe Cole and £15m is a done deal.

F***ing really hope not.

There are much much better players out there...and probably in our reserves!

Agree with this totally and you hear Spurs fans slating the fact that he has no more than 5 decent games a season.

Na for me.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #71: May 15, 2011 03:17:39 pm
      Exciting player and I'm sure defence's hate playing against him but I don't think hes quite what he need. Yeah we need some raw pace but where is the service for Carroll? Have a feeling Lennon would end up being massively frustrating
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #72: May 15, 2011 10:31:18 pm
      Until I saw the line-ups scrolling along the bottom of the screen as the second half kicked off today, I honestly forgot that Lennon was playing. He did nothing.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #73: May 15, 2011 10:32:21 pm
      Didn't even realise he was on the pitch
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #74: May 16, 2011 03:49:28 am
      Lennon is a joke. 15 million? Really?! I wouldn't pay a third of the price.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #75: May 16, 2011 09:48:21 am
      Lennon is a joke. 15 million? Really?! I wouldn't pay a third of the price.

I'd rather have Lennon than Cole.

Cole has pretty much done F**k all and is on 90,000 grand a week thanks to that cock Purslow.

If Harry The Tax wants to take Cole off our hands in exchange for Lennon, I'd do it in a F***ing heartbeat.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #76: May 16, 2011 09:58:13 am
      I'd rather just find a suitor for Cole and give Lennon a wide berth, he's Just a smaller quicker Ryan Babel for me.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #77: May 16, 2011 10:38:42 am
      Agree Blood, and he just doesn't work hard enough.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #78: May 16, 2011 04:28:19 pm
      Lennon for Cole? Sure. Lennon for Cole and 15 million? Keep dreaming. Young is twice the player Lennon is and we're rumoured with him at about 15-20 million. You're saying you'd rather sign Lennon than Young. Hell no.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #79: May 18, 2011 12:58:14 am
      Unfortunatly guys, this one, appears to be true, have heard from someone that is normally a very reliable source, that he is joining us this summer, so im guessing, this means no Ashley Young?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #80: May 18, 2011 01:11:24 am
      Oh my lord. If this is true, Kenny will have a lot to do with him this summer.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #81: May 18, 2011 01:17:26 am
      Im Shocked myself, i reckon this is only happening, cos Ashley has chosen the urinals?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #82: May 18, 2011 02:18:04 am
      Just found out Young is as good as ours. The deal is practically done, according to a very good source.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: May 18, 2011 02:41:29 am
      Cole and £15m? Wow we have money to waste, makes a change :). Cole to spurs for anywhere up to £4m and pay up to £16m for Young is my preferred option. Lennon is not a £19/20m player, you have got to be shitting me.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #84: May 18, 2011 11:59:36 am
      I think someone has already said, the old illusion of pace meaning a good player.  Certainly not always.  Walcott is another example.  Great pace but 9/10 times the end product is poor.

Besides, Johnson had him in his pocket all game on Sunday.  Would much rather have Young (and Downing).
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: May 18, 2011 03:42:04 pm
      Well if he joins he and Raheem Sterling can have a "runs the funniest" contest.
      zinaldo1982
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #86: May 18, 2011 06:59:34 pm
      People can say what they want about lennon but he has the pace that this team need,coupled with the fact that he is still young enough to sort out his end product he could be a real steal especially if harry is fickle enough to swap him for injury prone and overrated joe cole.

Lennon despite him not being all that good for a lot of people on here has always had the beating of evra who a lot of you consider to be the second best left back in the country,it was more down to rubbish players like darren bent who wouldn't move to the ball whenever lennon did put in some good crosses, a cross is only as good as the movement of the person wanting to get on the end of it.

Lennon despite all this has been getting the better of even ashley cole lately,he is quick enough to need to be the best of crosser,yes it would help but he has time,unfortunately everytime he has shown relative improvement,he has been stopped by needless injuries.

I am a big lennon fan as i like pace but he is the only player who reminds me of R9 in his way of beating players to the ball at such incredible pace,if comoli thinks he is word it then we should be behind him.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #87: May 18, 2011 09:12:55 pm
      He's also very inconsistent, like Defoe who can't even get a game right now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #88: May 18, 2011 11:40:01 pm
      It's been nagging me who Lennon reminds me off, as a player and it's just dawned on me.  A former Villa winger called Tony Daley, who'd have 4-5 stunning games a season, was like sh*t off a shovel, never a great crosser of the ball and would needlessly run the ball out of play, just to 'beat' the last man, rather than having the game intelligence to pull it back.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #89: May 19, 2011 07:07:24 am
      Three different people have different 'very reliable sources' and all saying something else.

FFS.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #90: May 19, 2011 08:52:45 pm
      What Lennon is good at its running with the ball really really fast, and then nothing happens.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #91: May 20, 2011 12:30:31 am
      Three different people have different 'very reliable sources' and all saying something else.

FFS.

It was amusing reading that!

What Lennon is good at its running with the ball really really fast, and then nothing happens.

Yep, and why I wouldn't want him here. I said on here well over a year ago that I thought Lennon was way over rated and stand by it. I'm sure there are young players we have who can do what Lennon does.

Better off spending our money on a footballer, not a sprinter.

Quick Reply