Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)

Read 10129 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Re: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - Schalke
      Reply #69: Oct 23, 2012 03:53:19 pm
      Got to be honest mate the minute I read Daily Star I stopped reading. ;)
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #70: Oct 23, 2012 04:45:51 pm
      Don't think Rodgers will be after the centre forward that it's blatantly obvious we need.  Unless he's had a change of heart since the summer and the start of the season.

If anything we'll see someone who could play there but can also play outwide.  Like Walcott, Sturridge etc.

I'd love Huntelaar.  Natural finisher, goal poacher.  Him in the side last season and we'd be playing tonight or tomorrow.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Oct 23, 2012 04:56:12 pm
      Walcott, Sturridge, Huntelaar, Llorente.

Four players who have contracts that expire in 2013.
      We, at the very least, should be talking to the four of them to check their wages and sign on fee.
      Either of the four would improve us and even more so if we could do a deal in January.
      Obviously there are other clubs that might come in at higher wages but City have four strikers already.
      Chelsea rumours are of Falcao. We must have a good chance of signing one or two of the above.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Oct 23, 2012 05:57:58 pm
      I'd love a shot at Llorente, he's an animal, never seen a big man play football like him.

He can be a battering ram of a forward and attack F***ing everything that's put into the box, then he can display the most neat touch's, passes etc, he can really play football, must be a Spanish thing.

He's everything we wanted out of Andy Carroll and more.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #73: Oct 23, 2012 06:10:11 pm
      Cant see us offering out big money for players like Huntelaar at 29 if we wern't willing to part with a couple more million for Dempsey's signature personally.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #74: Oct 23, 2012 07:46:09 pm
      No thanks.

Llorente is twice the player, plus he's younger and not as much of an arsehole.
      Huntelaar always seems to cause friction in the dressing room no matter where he goes, and was an absolute c**t at the Euro's.
      Bier
      Reply #75: Oct 23, 2012 07:58:46 pm
      Don't think he has an attitude problem, or that he causes friction everywhere he goes, I don't know any club where he really has actually. He's only supposed to have been a real b***ard at the Euros, but many of the Dutch players are supposed to have been. Most football players are sore losers. And it's even somewhat understandable, after the amazing season he had last year he probably thought he deserved more of a look in at the Euros, especially considering that Van Persie continued to underperform for the national team and Huntelaar scored for fun even in the national team.

Wouldn't say he's a realistic option in our current situation, but who knows. I don't think there are that many better clinical finishers out there, Falcao is the first name that comes to mind.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #76: Oct 23, 2012 08:07:12 pm
      Like I said in another thread, I think there likelihood of this is very slim.

But something to think about it is Huntelaar and Suarez played together at Ajax.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #77: Oct 23, 2012 10:29:51 pm
      they saw me make a new career mode and buy him last night. all this is. :P
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #78: Oct 23, 2012 10:38:33 pm
      AS someone mentioned above, I would prefer to take Fernando Torres...

Llorente  >:D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #79: Oct 25, 2012 12:07:46 am
      So is this the Villa / Barry / Silva / Aguero / Mata / Hazard / Dempsey thread for the coming window then?  :f_tongueincheek:

Every window needs one.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 25, 2012 04:25:31 am
      So is this the Villa / Barry / Silva / Aguero / Mata / Hazard / Dempsey thread for the coming window then?  :f_tongueincheek:

Every window needs one.

u forgot sigurdsson ;D

i expect one more thread for "buying sahin" ;D

Quick Reply