Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

1892 block next season - the new heart of the Kop

Read 2596 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      1892 block next season - the new heart of the Kop
      Jun 22, 2007 02:14:05 pm
      Sorry bit late on this (from yesterday)

From the Echo:

LIVERPOOL’S new “singing” section of the Kop could house almost 2,000 fans.

Fans who have asked the club to create a separate section for more “traditional” supporters hope the new area will be called the “1892 Block.”

The historical link is obvious – Liverpool FC was founded in 1892 – but a spokesman for Reclaim The Kop, the body behind the singing section initiative, said: “The area is probably going to be called 1892 Block, not just for the obvious reason but because there will be 1,892 seats.

“It will be a section that espouses the traditional values of fair, loud, spontaneous support that has made Liverpool FC and the Kop world famous.

"Singing section probably gives the wrong impression. This is a block where supporters who are in tune with the club's history and customs can congregate - fans who understand the Liverpool Way.

“If our support is to stay 'special', fans need an example that is home-grown, innovative and uniquely Liverpudlian. 1892 Block can provide inspiration, not just for the team on the pitch but for the fans in the stands, too.”

The Kop currently seats 12,000 fans in total.

Discussions are ongoing with the club about re-introducing a limited window sale for the new section so that under-16s and others without access to credit cards and computers will have a chance to queue up and buy a ticket.

Reclaim The Kop campaigners advise fans who wish to move to 1892 Block NOT to renew their current seats, but instead fill in the renewal form, attaching a brief note requesting to move to 1892 Block.

Groups of supporters wishing to be seated together need to staple all renewal forms together along with a covering letter listing all names in the group.

Initially, current season ticket holders in any part of the ground who wish to swap their existing seat for one in 1892 Block can do so by registering their name, fancard number and current seat number with RTK c/o nextyear@reclaimthekop.co.uk
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: 1892 block next season - the new heart of the Kop
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2007 02:32:10 pm
      Does any one think this will work? I'm a bit pessimistic in my view. While I do applaud the idea and the drive some people are showing to restore the atmosphere to something like it should be. I fear that the most people who attend the games these days don't understand what a good atmosphere should be. I only sit on the Kop for the Cup games (the tickets are 2 quid cheaper and that gets me another pint before I go in!) I'm constantly shouting down people singing "Fcuk off Chelsea FC" and "Who the fcuk are Man United", When we're not actually playing these teams. Fans have to understand that we are the most successful club in England and we should be proud of this and sing about our team, no one else matters. We have a catalog of great songs and we are more than a match for any supporters of any team in the world, but the people going through the turnstiles these days don't know the words to are great, historic songs. There was even a songs to learn and sing link on the official site but I have yet to hear it's influence while inside Anfield. The atmosphere is dire at Anfield and we only get up for European games. It's up to us as fans to sort this out, Most of us locals were born into supporting the 'Pool, OOT's on the board may have chosen to support the 'Pool. But where ever you come from you need to understand what it means to be a Red, Humour, song, sportsmanship with a love and a desire to be the best.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2007 03:15:38 pm
      I have not been to get to a match for many a year, partly work and partly tickets are less common than hens teeth (any help in getting one would be great), but when I did go, I used to stand on the Anfield Road stand for most of the games, (with my milk create to stand on, could you imagine that now!) But I remember firstly competeions between the Kop and Annie Rd in singing, and inviting the main stand to join in, but I can also remember vast periods of silence too, depending on the game, opposition, and period of the game. Of course the game has changed now, thus the crowd make up has changed too, are there too many season ticket holders so the common man can not get in and cheer? Is it the same crowd day in and day out, so complaintancy amongst them has settled in? Do the crowd need NEW blood? I for one would love to get to a match but as I said I can not get a ticket, and there must be thousands of fans like me who can only watch a game on TV. I know a few people who have season tickets who "sell" them on to friends and family, this can not be fair can it, so you loose the fans who want to go to the odd game, or have visitors and want to experience the feeling of Anfield, to those who get the easy option, why do season ticket holders get the right for another one next season???? Surly it must be fairer to reapply each season for a season ticket giving me the chance to buy one and allow different people to get to a game?

So may be We do not need an Elitist Season Ticket Holders Area, But just new blood in the ground!
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2007 04:59:27 pm
      “It will be a section that espouses the traditional values of fair, loud, spontaneous support that has made Liverpool FC and the Kop world famous.

iz right there shuld be a section for that, I sit in the main stand and am surrounded by babies, and little kids kickin me chair and (women & foreignes no affence but alot dnt no the words to the songs) and they seem to stare at you when u sing, like they dnt have a clue what am saying and when the kop stands up for the whole in the champions league matches you see in the main stand out about 100 people standing up to try and get the atmosphere up their and all you get is people shoutin sit down. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2007 05:02:49 pm by lfc 4life »
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2007 08:27:36 pm
      I hope it will be a success i could only go to a few games last season (6 in total) and the atmosphere was poor apart from the barca and Chelsea games the one game that did disappoint me was the PSV game i know we were already through but why go the game and just sit there wouldn't it be cheaper to sit in the house and watch it on the TV. I was in the lower centenary and it was only me and my brother singing i had a man sit through the hole game moaning he stud up once throughout the hole game (when Crouch scored) and half time when the Celtic fans brought the Hillsboro flag and then got off 10 Min's before the game finished to me he isn't a true Liverpool fan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #5: Jun 25, 2007 08:14:29 pm
      Some improvements in the atmosphere towards the end of last season.  Although when you're heading to another European Cup final you shouldn't need any more incentive.

I'm pleased in one respect but in another this could lead to a bit of an old boys club on the Kop.

We'll see if it works, see if it does revitalise the Kop a bit next year. 

It isn't just about the Kop - everyone inside that ground isn't there to admire the architecture, take photo's all game, taste the Scouse pies - we're all there (hopefully) because we support Liverpool Football Club. The key word being support.  You support, and sing, and chant, no matter what the score, no matter how well or badly we're playing. 
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6: Jun 25, 2007 08:17:25 pm
      well said mate   ynwa
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jun 25, 2007 08:41:47 pm
      Some improvements in the atmosphere towards the end of last season.  Although when you're heading to another European Cup final you shouldn't need any more incentive.

I'm pleased in one respect but in another this could lead to a bit of an old boys club on the Kop.

We'll see if it works, see if it does revitalise the Kop a bit next year. 

It isn't just about the Kop - everyone inside that ground isn't there to admire the architecture, take photo's all game, taste the Scouse pies - we're all there (hopefully) because we support Liverpool Football Club. The key word being support.  You support, and sing, and chant, no matter what the score, no matter how well or badly we're playing. 

I really dont care where i sit/stand, I sing my heart out no matter what !!  There are some miseries who sit around you though looking at you as though you got 2 heads, I dont particulary care what they think, all the singing and the chanting adds to the enjoyment and the thrill of being at Anfield watching the love of your life !!  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      block 1892
      Reply #8: Aug 19, 2007 12:04:44 pm
      Is block 1892 up and running for today or did it fall through? Altough i dont think therell be much needed to get an atmosphere going today against these!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #9: Aug 19, 2007 01:55:15 pm
      As far as I am aware it was all done over the summer and Kop Season Ticket holders who wanted to move have been moved.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Aug 20, 2007 01:32:05 am
      Not all 1892 seats are season ticket holders. Apparently there is only about 250 people who have 'moved' in to this section. A large allocation is for regular match-goers who will just land in this section.

I wasn't there today but anybody know how it went?  Couldn't really hear the atmosphere - there was enough noise in me house.

Quick Reply