Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Dundee FC

Read 1866 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Dundee FC
      Oct 15, 2010 03:07:39 pm
      Things are looking really good for us.

But spare a thought for Dundee F.C who have gone into administration.

Watching the both stories unfold is quite an eye opener.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010 03:19:21 pm by Rush »
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Dundee FC
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2010 03:17:45 pm
      Another scottish team suffering :(
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2: Oct 15, 2010 03:41:22 pm
      Mental stuff. When you consider what their debt was like compared to ours, it make you think....how on earth do we get saved and they don't ???
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Oct 15, 2010 04:25:58 pm
      Best wishes to Dundee football club hope you survive
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Oct 15, 2010 04:29:16 pm
      Sad to see clubs go into administration, hope all goes well.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2011 10:05:32 pm
      Joined this forum today after another great trip down to Anfield at the weekend, stuck "Dundee" in the search box and was proud when I read this thread.

No one does class better than Liverpool fans.

We received a 25 point deduction for entering administration this season and looked certain to be relegated to the Scottish Second Division but we went on an incredible run losing only 1 of our last 27 league games and confirmed our stay in the 1st Division at the weekend there against all odds. We were also handed a transfer ban and had to play trialists from the junior leagues and play boys from our under 19s who were thrown in at the deep end which made the run of 23 games unbeaten even more remarkable.

We agreed a CVA with our creditors a couple of months ago and look likely to exit administration at the end of this week now we have escaped relegation. If our CVA never went through, our 118 year old proud club would have been liquidated there and then.

Thanks for the kind words lads.

YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2011 10:11:44 pm
      Hi Dundee Red, welcome to the forum.

I must admit that when I saw someone had posted in this thread again, I feared it was to say that Dundee had gone bust. I hadn't really followed your progress but that's great news and this....

We were also handed a transfer ban and had to play trialists from the junior leagues and play boys from our under 19s who were thrown in at the deep end which made the run of 23 games unbeaten even more remarkable.

...is incredible. Those lads must be so proud now, they'll feel 10ft tall and I hope they (or most of them) get what they deserve now and don't get overlooked when the transfer ban is lifted.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2011 10:22:12 pm
      Real Roy of The Rovers stuff mate, you really couldn't make it up. Out of the many trialists, one was a life long Dundee fan from local junior team Lochee United and the other was our ex player and Sky Sports pundit Neil McCann, who at the age of 36 scored a 95th minute winner for us at Dens against Raith Rovers on his debut!

We would be delighted for the current team to be offered contracts as they are absolute heros for this great escape.

After the lows of Roy Hodgson and the financial problems at Anfield then Dundee going into admin and almost going to the wall, it has been a remarkable turn around for both clubs and has been the most I've enjoyed my football in a few years.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2011 10:24:40 pm
      Well done, Dundee! Administration is awful and I wouldn't wish it upon any club. Congratulations, and may you be out of the shitstorm soon.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2011 10:47:56 pm
      Small world Dundee Red
      Im also living in Dundee ..Whitfield to be precise

It was a massive point reduction ..Not many teams come back from the -9 or -10 (not sure which)point deduction but to come from -25 is remarkable

Quick Reply