Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

What position is Luis Suarez

Read 9744 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: What postion is Luis Suarez
      Reply #23: Apr 24, 2011 03:35:13 pm
      He's omnipresent.  :angel:

Seriously, he can play on the wing, in the hole and forward too from what I've seen of him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Apr 24, 2011 03:44:39 pm
      He's omnipresent.  :angel:

Seriously, he can play on the wing, in the hole and forward too from what I've seen of him.

Not a winger, more of an inside forward.  Mind you, it is interesting how people few players differently. 
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #25: Apr 24, 2011 07:39:50 pm
      I think he clearly is a forward. He CAN play on the wings, which is not the same as saying he IS a winger. He looks more comfortable and does the most damage going from the middle forward or to the sides than from the sides to the middle or the endline of the field.

That's why I'm not exactly keen on playing with 3 forwards with him on the wings. Maybe with attacking minded fullbacks we could play him as a forward withouth losing width...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Apr 25, 2011 06:28:30 am
      He is a mix of Carlos Tevez and Dirk Kuyt. Not quite as skillful as Tevez (though nearly as unattractive once he opens his mouth), but has the workrate to match both.

Far more skillful than Tevez, not quite as powerful as him I would say, but the same type of player, in the way they are small and have a low centre of gravity. Both work hard on and off the ball and both have a winning mentality.

Tevez at the moment is better in front of goal, but I would say Suarez is, but Tevez did not score bucket fulls for West Ham in his first season.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Apr 25, 2011 10:13:43 am
      Suarez best position is anywhere around the edge of the box. He can turn players very easily, cross, and take free kicks.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #28: Apr 25, 2011 10:27:21 am
      Agree with you''Orchard''. Give him the ball anywhere around the box and he will be lethal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #29: May 02, 2011 01:37:33 am
      Just make sure he's on the field, preferably in the front third, and give him the ball.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: May 02, 2011 01:42:01 am
      What's Luis Suarez's position?

It's a secret.
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #31: May 02, 2011 09:19:22 pm
      Goal creater, simple as that.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #32: May 02, 2011 09:22:55 pm
      He reminds me a lot of how Rooney played when Ronaldo played for the Scum. Constantly hovering around the box and in the midfield while making the players around him better.  I apologize for the Manc reference but that was what came to mind  :(
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Re: What position is Luis Suarez
      Reply #33: May 03, 2011 12:51:59 am
      He is a mix of Carlos Tevez and Dirk Kuyt. Not quite as skillful as Tevez (though nearly as unattractive once he opens his mouth), but has the workrate to match both.
      First of all luis can beat player just for the fun it. They both are familiar kind of players but i honestly believe is that next season luis will prove that he is the better player then tevez.
      And about looks, i am not a homo but if i was one. i would totally do him. I think he looks alright
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #34: May 03, 2011 12:56:55 am
      Suarez is far more skilled than Tevez imo, you would never see Tevez strolling around 3 manure players and doing anything like the amount of dribbles Suarez has done for us already.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #35: May 03, 2011 12:58:47 am
      Fantastic player, love watching him. Hes definatley the best player to arrive at anfield since Torres
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #36: May 03, 2011 02:02:39 am
      And about looks, I am not a homo but if I was one. I would totally do him. I think he looks alright

:lmao:

You gave me a laugh there.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: May 03, 2011 09:14:26 am
      I was going to say that he could play anywhere across the front but on reflection that how he is playing now.Brilliant one minute he is on the wing and then he will be in the middle and what I like about him is he never stops fighting for the ball.He just does not give up and the number 7 shirt fits him well.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #38: May 03, 2011 04:14:38 pm
      Any f***in where he wants lad
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #39: May 03, 2011 04:30:05 pm
      Suarez is far more skilled than Tevez imo, you would never see Tevez strolling around 3 manure players and doing anything like the amount of dribbles Suarez has done for us already.

This.  Tevez is a great player because he is a phenomenal athlete (strong, fast, quick, etc) and he works his ass off!  In my opinion, Suarez is not quite as strong as Tevez, but he is much more skillful on the ball.  Suarez's dribbling skills and ability to jink his way past players is incredible!  I am confident that barring any serious injury problems, he will be one of the players of the season next year! 

Quick Reply