Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 114240 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #920: Aug 04, 2015 05:15:44 pm
      Awe Cas I feel for you hun  :hug: but wow! 19 years old, that's some age.

Thanks Debs....didn't actually know she was 19 till the vet confirmed it as I had her from a rescue home and they were never sure how old she was, so she's lived to a ripe old age, my other cat is missing her dreadfully though  :(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #921: Aug 04, 2015 05:23:54 pm
      Thanks Debs....didn't actually know she was 19 till the vet confirmed it as I had her from a rescue home and they were never sure how old she was, so she's lived to a ripe old age, my other cat is missing her dreadfully though  :(

Time to go find another one then hun, you'll both need the company and miss her terribly.  At least she had some happy time whilst she was with you though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #922: Aug 04, 2015 05:57:55 pm
      Time to go find another one then hun, you'll both need the company and miss her terribly.  At least she had some happy time whilst she was with you though.

One cat and one dog is fine at the moment, pets are lovely but they are a tie.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #923: Aug 04, 2015 06:29:10 pm
      One cat and one dog is fine at the moment, pets are lovely but they are a tie.

They sure are.  I'd love another dog when Oscar goes but I'd also quite like to have a clean house and car for a while and be able to just up and go away at weekends  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,529 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #924: Aug 05, 2015 11:26:32 am
      Haven't had a pet for about 5 years after my last cat died as it was pretty upsetting. I keep wavering and am sure I will give in soon.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #925: Aug 12, 2015 04:40:01 pm
      Lost another of my buddys today , was sat with him and his missus just two weeks ago by the sea front having a beer talking about holidays , a right kick in the bollocks I tell ya .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,529 posts | 3466 
      Reply #926: Aug 12, 2015 04:57:54 pm
      Lost another of my buddys today , was sat with him and his missus just two weeks ago by the sea front having a beer talking about holidays , a right kick in the bollocks I tell ya .

sh*t mate, so sorry to hear that, i lost a friend this time last year really suddenly, he was due to be married not long afterwards and i work with his missus and she isn't the same person since it happened, certainly helped change my outlook on life.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #927: Aug 12, 2015 07:38:02 pm
      Lost my dad, who I watched every game with, it's so horrible to someone's company so much but we're all coping, I have a big family. But yeah it's really bad because he can't get to see us play, we all sang YNWA when we put him in the ground.
      Get on with life and enjoy it all, I'm not dwelling, Thank god I have family because some people have hardly any and my thoughts go to them sometimes. It must be so tough for people who don't have many around them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #928: Aug 12, 2015 09:25:55 pm
      Cheers guys really puts a bit of perspective on things thats three good friends ive lost in three years oldest was 54   no sense to it all really .
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #929: Aug 12, 2015 11:36:06 pm
      My condolences andy and fishpie. My thoughts are with both of you through this tough time. YNWA!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #930: Aug 12, 2015 11:40:10 pm
      Cheers guys really puts a bit of perspective on things thats three good friends ive lost in three years oldest was 54   no sense to it all really .

It's the most shittiest thing ever, keep on getting on, I've lost people who were early 20s's, 30's 40's 50's 60's it's fu**ed up but good luck , I'm sure they want the best by you, not the best you can do just get on with things and deal with it as best you can. I don't speak for the dead. It's tough in other words and you have the most fun you can have because they can't. Sounds quite horrible the way I put it but read between the lines. I'd want this if I knew the person.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,529 posts | 3466 
      Reply #931: Aug 12, 2015 11:51:23 pm
      Lost my dad, who I watched every game with, it's so horrible to someone's company so much but we're all coping, I have a big family. But yeah it's really bad because he can't get to see us play, we all sang YNWA when we put him in the ground.
      Get on with life and enjoy it all, I'm not dwelling, Thank god I have family because some people have hardly any and my thoughts go to them sometimes. It must be so tough for people who don't have many around them.

so sorry to hear that fishie
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #932: Aug 14, 2015 10:42:53 am

Thanks mate, I was about to remove my post because there's no point bringing people down. Suppose that's the point of the thread though lel.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,529 posts | 3466 
      Reply #933: Aug 14, 2015 04:57:12 pm
      Thanks mate, I was about to remove my post because there's no point bringing people down. Suppose that's the point of the thread though lel.

that's fine mate, sometimes we all need to express our thoughts and feelings, there are a lot of good people on here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #934: Aug 14, 2015 11:04:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, it's never nice losing anyone especially a close family member.

This thread doesn't necessarily bring people down though mate, it can also bring solace to those who are suffering themselves.

We don't just support the same team, we support each other too. 
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #935: Aug 14, 2015 11:09:55 pm
      Sorry to hear about your loss mate, it's never nice losing anyone especially a close family member.

This thread doesn't necessarily bring people down though mate, it can also bring solace to those who are suffering themselves.

We don't just support the same team, we support each other too. 

Thank you so much, it's tougher in some way because we'd talk football all the time, we're dealing with it well and somehow I didn't want to ever bring this up on the internet, even if I do love this place.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #936: Sep 09, 2015 04:45:06 pm
      Well I'm back at that place again, the one we all dread but know it'll happen at some time.

Dad very poorly in hospital, his kidneys more or less packed in due to serious dehydration and his blood pressure dangerously low. 

He seems to be pulling through though we're a long way off him coming home but at least we've had a chuckle today as he's convinced Big Brothers watching him and they've got his spinal cord attached to the bed  ;D

I did the mercy dash from Yorkshire on Monday afternoon, thought I'd text Paul at work to let him know where I was but text the wrong number so he arrived home at half midnight to an empty house wondering where the hell I was  :-[ 

To top it off he had an accident at work last night and they've sent him home till Monday but I'm not due home till Friday night, so he's struggling one handed till I'm back :f_doh:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #937: Sep 09, 2015 07:18:56 pm
      Big hugs Debs....it's not an easy time for you but your Red family is behind you all the way  :hug:  Hoping your Dad gets on the mend soon hun xxx
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #938: Sep 09, 2015 07:56:12 pm
      Big hugs Debs....it's not an easy time for you but your Red family is behind you all the way  :hug:  Hoping your Dad gets on the mend soon hun xxx

May I echo those sentiments.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #939: Sep 09, 2015 08:17:06 pm
      Hope he gets well soon Debs.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #940: Sep 09, 2015 08:34:02 pm
      All the best debs, YNWA.

:hug:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #941: Sep 09, 2015 08:46:29 pm

Thank you guys, it means a lot xx
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #942: Sep 09, 2015 08:55:33 pm
      We're all with you Debs, stay strong luv.

Quick Reply