Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Video Evidence for Bad Refereeing Decisions?

Read 1314 times
      Euro5
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 24 posts |
      • Come On You RED MEN
      Video Evidence for Bad Refereeing Decisions?
      Aug 19, 2007 06:43:16 pm
      Hi this is my first post

I have watched all the footy matches this weekend and their have been some diabolical referee decisions obviously the rob styles decision today involving finnan and malouda which ended up with fat frank scoring the penalty which dictated the final result.

I believe that instant playback evidence should be used, I understand that this may well slow the game down but I believe the video evidence should be played back on the big screen at the stadiums to show the fans the correct decision. and also believe their should be cameras in the goal as well.

it is defiantly needed
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2007 07:20:58 pm by Euro5, Reason: more info on my post »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Video Evidence for Bad Refereeing Decisions?
      Reply #1: Aug 19, 2007 09:08:56 pm
      Hi this is my first post

I have watched all the footy matches this weekend and their have been some diabolical referee decisions obviously the rob styles decision today involving finnan and malouda which ended up with fat frank scoring the penalty which dictated the final result.

I believe that instant playback evidence should be used, I understand that this may well slow the game down but I believe the video evidence should be played back on the big screen at the stadiums to show the fans the correct decision. and also believe their should be cameras in the goal as well.

it is defiantly needed

You would think this is already in use after incidents seasons ago.  But no - here we are, wondering if the FA would ever consider it.

Is there a 5th official?  If not - the 5th official can view a replay of a big decision I.E penalty claims and freekicks.  He can then talk to the Referee via headset.

They are talking about installing a goal line camera in each stadium, but today that would of been no use would it?

Quick Reply