Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Man U getting 19th or Torres getting a trophy.

Read 5008 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Man U getting 19th or Torres getting a trophy.
      May 08, 2011 09:10:09 am
      While this may be the biggest game of the season expect it to be conservative by Premier League standards, given what’s at stake.

A win for United would effectively hand them a record 19th Premier League title on Sunday, but a win for Chelsea would put them top of the table by virtue of goal difference, with two games to play.

What was meant to be a stroll for United has turned into a scramble.

And, to pile on extra pressure, United does not have a great record against Chelsea.

In 37 Premier League games between them, United have won 10 while Chelsea have won 13 and 14 have ended all-square. At Old Trafford, Chelsea have won five and tied seven of 18 in the competition. Given those stats and their superb form of late, it’s fair to say Chelsea will travel to Manchester full of confidence.

When the teams met at Stamford Bridge in March Chelsea won 2-1 to keep, what appeared at the time, faint title hopes still alive. It may prove to be a massive win.

This is the fifth meeting between the sides this season; in addition to the league game they began the season with the Community Shield at Wembley with United winning 3-1. In the recent Champions League clashes, United won 1-0 at Stamford Bridge and 2-1 at Old Trafford.

But the momentum is with Chelsea at the moment and I expect Carlo Ancelotti to have learned from Chelsea’s Champions League defeat at Old Trafford earlier this season by starting with Didier Drogba, and not Fernando Torres, in attack.

Chelsea’s key players: Florent Malouda, Frank Lampard, John Terry and others are all enjoying purple patches in form as the side have mounted the most improbable of title-charges.

Chelsea also have a secret weapon in Brazilian David Luiz, who was cup-tied when the Blues lost to United in the Champions League. Chelsea look much the stronger when he is involved – both in defense and as an additional threat at set plays.

United will no doubt have one eye on the upcoming Champions League final against Barcelona and, while this will not affect their motivation, the Blues’ hunger has been there for everyone to see in recent weeks.

They are the league’s in-form side with eight wins in their last nine games and, while it will be tense, my money’s on Chelsea to edge this one by a single goal.

Prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea (+1000)

This is probably the biggest game of the season in the priemer league. I going for Chelsea even though i dont want Torres to get a trophy that he has been wanting for all his time at Liverpool and getting one in just half a season will just annoy me but there is no way i want Man U to get a 19th.

What would you prefer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Man U getting 19th or Torres getting a trophy.
      Reply #1: May 08, 2011 09:28:46 am
      Torres on the bench. Drogba winner. Chelsea title. Simple
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: May 08, 2011 09:30:27 am
      Would rather Chelsea win so United don't overtake our 19 titles.

It's not like Torres contributed much to this, 1 goal so far. I could offer more.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: May 08, 2011 09:53:11 am
      Would prefer gunners take the title, but that is not possible.

So judas get a medal is better than scum get the 19th. Don't he have to played a certain number of games to get a medal?

Anyone taking the title would be better than scum overtake us on the number of title.  :lmao:

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: May 08, 2011 10:00:03 am
       As much as I detest Torres these days I would prefer to see him  score the winning goal if it stops United getting number 19 and it wipes the smirk of Fergusons face.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #5: May 08, 2011 10:07:02 am
      I dont care about Torres anymore.

I hate United more than anything else in this world. So Chelski to win today and hopefully the title soon.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #6: May 08, 2011 10:28:33 am
      Well in any case, ild prefer Liverpool winning. But in this case, ild have to say Chelsea for obvious reasons.

As for Torres, I don't care if he gets the trophy. He's in Chelsea now. Move on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: May 08, 2011 10:37:26 am
      Chelsea title simple as, can you imagine the Mancs if they get 19, rammed down our throats at every opportunity.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #8: May 08, 2011 10:41:17 am
      Im going for the mancs. It would kill me to see that c**t torres with a league medal
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: May 08, 2011 10:42:59 am
      Give torres a nice shiny medal, it won't make him happy anyway.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #10: May 08, 2011 10:45:47 am
      Im going for the mancs. It would kill me to see that c**t torres with a league medal

Thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard,F**k Torres he dose not play for us any more.
      He has got 1 goal hardly won striker of the year.I would b sick if the scum take no 19,Chelsea all the way for me.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: May 08, 2011 10:47:32 am
      Of course Chelsea to win the title. Who the hell cares about Torres. Wouldn't mind him scoring against Man United either.

Don't want to see Manchester United winning a record 19th title, they'd bragged for the next 10 years.

So judas get a medal is better than scum get the 19th. Don't he have to played a certain number of games to get a medal?

I think it's 10 apperances he has to make and he's well over that. Started 5 games and came on as a substitute 6 times :lmao: Even if he does win it, it's not like he contributed alot. Chelsea brought him in in January to turn their season around and he didn't do that.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: May 08, 2011 10:52:05 am
      Torres on the bench. Drogba winner. Chelsea title. Simple

That'll do me too  :gt-happyup:

Anything to stop the mancs getting number 19  :tosser:

How can you possibly even think that   :f_steam:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: May 08, 2011 10:54:47 am
      Well for me I can handle Mascherano's comments that his decision to joining Barcelona have been proved correct and I could handle it if Torres came out and said something similar.

Could I handle Mancs banging on about it constantly for at the very least another season, surely but it would do my nut in.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #14: May 08, 2011 10:55:25 am
      Don't have any feelings about toress no more. Couldn't care less what he does, or what he gets.
      The mancs on the other hand, do aspire a huge hatred in me so, chelski win it, so those cu*ts can't get 19.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: May 08, 2011 11:02:37 am
      My hatred for the shitty Mancs is much, much greater than my hatred for one person.

Simple choice for me really.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #16: May 08, 2011 11:11:28 am
      Medal for torres if you will,stupid F***ing question. ???
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #17: May 08, 2011 11:39:23 am
      Never want Mancs to win anything.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18: May 08, 2011 11:51:13 am
      Torres gets a trophy, simple.

I hope that medal will keep him warm when he's retired, because he won't have the love and respect of the greatest fans in the world to hold on to.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: May 08, 2011 11:55:23 am
      Pffft, don't give a sh*t about what Torres does or doesn't get. The guy means nothing to me either way. He made the biggest mistake of his career and no doubt is starting to realise that, regardless of whether his current team wins the title or not. He can hardly hold his head up high and say he has contributed to his team winning anything can he? We ended up coming out of the deal better off anyway.

As for the scum winning the title (or anything for that matter) nothing would be worse, in terms of football.

Even if they do win though, they and their fans better make the most of it, because from next season it's going to be all down hill for them when we will be rubbing their nose in it again.

IKKWT
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #20: May 08, 2011 11:57:52 am
      I'll go for the plastics over scum any day of the week.  Even if it means Torres breaks his duck on domestic trophies, he's done F**k all to help them really.  I really don't want those manc bas**rds to win anything ever again.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #21: May 08, 2011 12:04:21 pm
      Torres trophy any day. Drogba probably won't let him hold it anyway. :D

I think because he scored a goal for them it counts as contributing towards there season so he would get a medal.

The Mancs winning number 19 is not a thought I want at all. Horrible to think of them piping on about it all next season.

Ideal situation, Chelsea and United Draw and then lose their remaining games and Arsenal win the league. 8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #22: May 08, 2011 01:13:12 pm
      This is probably the biggest game of the season in the priemer league. I going for Chelsea even though i dont want Torres to get a trophy that he has been wanting for all his time at Liverpool and getting one in just half a season will just annoy me but there is no way i want Man U to get a 19th.

What would you prefer.

I really don't care, hope they just try to cripple each other.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #23: May 08, 2011 01:20:52 pm

F***ing joke that.

Let Torres have his F***ing medal, it's not like he contributed much is it? Just like the World Cup, he'll get another medal by doing F**k all. He won't be happy at all.

Chelsea everyday for me, keep it at 18 titles each and then we'll F**k everyone over next year.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #24: May 08, 2011 01:21:19 pm
      Chelsea winning the title.Hate the mancs.I would love it if they ended up trophy-less.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #25: May 08, 2011 01:50:37 pm
      Torres getting championship winners medal.

Do hope that it will be a massive anti-climax for him and he starts thinking of how much more special it would have been to win one in a red shirt under Kenny and in front of real football fans and playing for a proper historic mighty club not some faceless plastic bunch of tw*ts.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #26: May 08, 2011 02:05:25 pm
      Was asked this in the pub last night ,was sat with a few mates five of us reds ,1 manc ,and 1 chelsea nut  we were unanimous in our reply fck the mancs chelsea all the way, oh and fck blondie he,s long gone.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #27: May 08, 2011 04:31:26 pm
      On todays game. If any of the Mancs get sent off etc etc does this have an impact on the Champions League or are there too many other games in between ?,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #28: May 08, 2011 04:33:16 pm
      On todays game. If any of the Mancs get sent off etc etc does this have an impact on the Champions League or are there too many other games in between ?,

Has no impact whatsoever.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: May 08, 2011 04:34:03 pm
      Looks like UTD will win get 19, they are raping Chelsea.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: May 08, 2011 04:39:59 pm
      The difference here is that Manchester United deserve to win their trophy and Torres doesn't deserve anything for what he had performed like the past 2 years. Yeah they may not have played great quality football but at the end of the day Man Utd have done what they've needed to do while they others haven't. I think Chelsea should be embarrassed with the squad they've got and Arsenal should just be embarassed all round. What a bunch of weaklins they are London. So yeah Man Utd fully merit their trophy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #31: May 08, 2011 04:41:39 pm
      Roll on next F***ing season.

The monkey's off our back, they've won 19.

Now let's do something about it!!
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: May 08, 2011 04:45:06 pm
      I hate the scum too much, so of course I'll be on top of the world if the chavs win the title.

They've hit a big setback, however.

When it really matters, they're busy F***ing it up.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: May 08, 2011 04:47:29 pm
      Roll on next f**king season.

The monkey's off our back, they've won 19.

Now let's do something about it!!

We'll just have to knock e'm off that F***ing temporary perch.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #34: May 09, 2011 08:22:14 am
      Bloody Man U would of preferred Torres to get a medal.

Quick Reply