Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (2.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0.9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (27%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      (68.2%)

Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling

Read 46935 times
      Granit
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • JakoVar Red
      Re: Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling
      Reply #851: May 10, 2011 12:41:24 am
      Hmmmm 9th of May! It was Europe's Day and... You know what I mean    :f_tongueincheek:
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #852: May 10, 2011 12:43:58 am
      What a game, finally back From Craven Cottage and still buzzing, has to be our best away win for a long time!!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #853: May 10, 2011 12:44:08 am
      Back in me hotel room (p****d)but happy.Can't wait for Stevie G to join THIS party.Oh and Andy.XX
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #854: May 10, 2011 12:48:46 am
      What an absolutely devastating performance from the Redmen. Off to bed now but that was awesome. Great hattrick from Maxi. Suarez was unbelievable, MOTM by a country mile.

May i also give a special mention to Jay Spearing, i thought he was F***ing outstanding, used the ball well, got stuck in and his constant demand for the ball was a joy to watch. See what happens when you give youngsters a run in the side. A joy to watch. It's great to see Kenny doing what our other managers failed to do, put faith in the youngsters.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #855: May 10, 2011 12:51:40 am
      5-2 is a fantastic result in anyone's book but at Craven Cottage against an improving Fulham is definitely something. Not bad at all! And I'd agree this is as good if not better than what we were playing like at the end of the 08/09 season. What a season. It was utterly horrible in the first half of the season now I don't want it to end! It's been a real rollercoaster.

Life sure ain't dull when you're a Liverpool supporter.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #856: May 10, 2011 12:55:07 am
      I'd say we're playing better stuff now than we were at the end of the 08/09 season.

Much better stuff. And I didn't think it was possible.

We were all saying back then, "Let's have Barcelona, we'd probably beat them". I think we'd give them one hell of a game right now though, even with Gerrard, Kelly and Carroll missing.

Does anyone else think we have so much strength-in-depth now?

I was saying to my friend earlier we were playing amazing football and if that team went out with that attitude they would destroy anyone even Barca. I hope we get a couple of quality players in the summer and keep introducing the gold that is coming from the reserves.
      Im so happy its been a while since we could go into games thinking we will demolish these no problem it feels great.
      Im still optimistic for fourth hopefully spurs beat city and we beat them :) anything is possible with King Kenny
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #857: May 10, 2011 01:00:19 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #858: May 10, 2011 01:00:32 am
      I agree Res.

That's why I said the fact that Gerrard, Agger, Johnson and Aurelio's injuries may be blessings in disguise because it led to the emergence of Spearing, Robinson, Kelly, Flanagan and maybe even Shelvey.

Having said that, that will play an important role in the summer because after seeing their performances, Kenny must now be thinking that those areas of the squad may not need additions as badly now as they were before. Perhaps, money could be spent on other areas.

Some of the parts in the game where the lads played beautiful one touch pass and move could really make you jizz, man.

And oh em gee, Suarez at 23 million, that's a freaking steal considering the amounts being spent by others nowadays.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #859: May 10, 2011 01:15:17 am
      What a performance by the reds!

The first half hour we completely dominated them and to be up by 3 after 13 minutes had me rubbing my eyes. Our football was simple pass and move create space for the man with the ball who then feeds the ball to you. Simple football, entertaining football and successful football. The youngsters that have come in and stepped up have been incredible to watch, Spearing's confidence soares higher and higher by each game as does Flannagan's.

Picked Maxi for my MOTM as he did ever so well to always find himself at the right place and right time but Suarez was brilliant as was Lucas Leiva fed two beautiful balls for the first to goals to Suarez and Johnson respectively.

Well in red men! Long live the King!
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #860: May 10, 2011 01:42:22 am
      Absolutely amazing result by us, awesome to win 5-2 away from home  ;D ;D, hopefully play like this in our last few games and it will be an ace end to the season for us.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #861: May 10, 2011 02:24:01 am
      And oh em gee, Suarez at 23 million, that's a freaking steal considering the amounts being spent by others nowadays.
      23m for suarez is nothing. remember few months back when we were verge of signing luis people were saying that 23 is too much and we should make a 15 mill take it or leave it offer. glad we didnt :D
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #862: May 10, 2011 03:09:02 am
      what is maxi on at one point fans were saying get rid of him.must have been the visit of diego.the players are having fun now under hodgsons charge it was the opposite. stevies is going to have to fight for his place.if we had got rid of hodgson earlier might have got in top four.fantastic timing in getting rid of torres sold right at his peak.we got probably his best 18 months of his career.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #863: May 10, 2011 03:30:58 am
      I didn't expect us to get a result today, but boy am I happy to be wrong. I feel that the only reason we gave up two goals were because we were constantly getting at them attacking wise, which isn't a bad thing. Congrats to the lads and congrats to Kenny and Clarke and all the backroom staff.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #864: May 10, 2011 06:20:24 am
      Suarez-->HOPE
      Suarez-->BELIEF
      Suarez-->MIRACLE
      Suarez-->PASSION
      Suarez-->DREAM
      Suarez-->AWESOMENESS
      ^^
      In love with el pistelrito :)
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #865: May 10, 2011 06:26:32 am
      I feel that the only reason we gave up two goals were because we were constantly getting at them attacking wise, which isn't a bad thing. Congrats to the lads and congrats to Kenny and Clarke and all the backroom staff.
      yes after scoring 4 goals we all could see the hunger in the eyes of players..otherwise we see team become bit lazy and start being defensive...
      King and Clark has changed the Whole out Look of the our gameplay :clap: ...
      IKWT
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #866: May 10, 2011 06:36:00 am
      Really was poetry in motion last night.

Fair play to Fulham for not rolling over, and they really must of had one hell of a bollocking at half time and I was worried that we may have had a reverse of Istanbul!

But a little luck, and the newly instilled self belief in the defending department showed. Even Lee Mason could not upset the party, although he tried.

Little annoyed that they got 2!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #867: May 10, 2011 06:44:58 am
      What a time to be a red,devastated the season is ending. I am convinced 2011/2012 we will be champions...come on!!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #868: May 10, 2011 07:15:49 am
      What a game, what a player - Suarez...

And how good is wee maxi just now. class...

Special K mention to Kuyt !

And special mention to wee flanno, just looks & plays like Carra !  Brilliant !
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #869: May 10, 2011 07:20:30 am
      Fantastic performance, we played how all Liverpool teams should play... with
      passion, high tempo and flair. Some of the two touch passing was outstanding so again massive credit to Kenny and the coaching team for instilling such belief in the lads.

Suarez pipped hat-trick man Maxi for my MOM, again thought Lucas and Spearing were excellent as was Johnson.

The club is buzzing again, loved Stevie comments and even Chris Coleman believes we are back and will be challenging the Mancs next season.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #870: May 10, 2011 08:33:20 am
      Jack Wilshere tweeted earlier:

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
      Liverpool look good going to be serious contenders for the Title next year!

Also before that

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
      Wow......Jamie Carragher making his 666th PL start for Liverpool tonight! What a great achievment that is! True professional he is!

You know it Jack!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #871: May 10, 2011 08:58:23 am
      Come to the dark side Jack
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #872: May 10, 2011 09:12:08 am
      fantastic performance
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #873: May 10, 2011 09:32:09 am
      Wow, simply wow. Right now nobody can live with the football we are playing now. Barcelona, Brazil? F**k it we'll play the two of them at once! And still Maxi would probably grab a hatrick for himself and Kuyt and Suarez will nick one for themselves. ;)

I'm a little disappointed that we conceded two, in relation to Pepe in the hunt for the Golden Glove but F**k it, we won 5-2, how can you be disappointed with that!

A few special mentions; Glenn Johnson was a beast down that right wing, Hangeland will be having nightmares of Suarez and Johnson for weeks! Carragher on his 666th appearance showed why he has gotten that far with great tackling and determination! Spearing showed a lot more attacking instincts for me last night and he looked good at it! And Kuyt, keeps his fantastic scoring streak going and played some great link up play and (so far) has yet to get a MOTM vote. That is a great credit to the team that we can say these things now!

Voted for Suarez for MOTM and I'd say it has been well covered throughout these pages why (severely hung over, can't face reading 30 pages before I post, apologies). But my main reasons are; his movement, no one could track him, he was popping up on the left, the right and in the center, dropping deep, playing high. Amazing! Brede Hangeland is no mug of a defender! But he was lost for what to do with our Luis. There was several occasions that himself and Salcido had to foul him otherwise we were through 3 on 2 etc. Also his little peel away for his goal, beautiful movement! ;D

His determination is something else I was in awe of. Even at 5-1 he was frustrated with tackles being made and missed shots and passes. But not in a bad way, the lad just wants the ball and to put it in the back of the net, he just wants to play football. In the last few minutes when the game was well and truly sewn up he was still running and passing and playing like it was 0-0 (That goes for the rest of the team too).

I just can't get enough. ;D

IKWT

Quick Reply