Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Dejan Lovren (Lyon)

Read 7872 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Dejan Lovren (Lyon)
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2011 11:48:40 am
      he has only been at Lyon for one season. They can hardly expect us to pay 12million more than they did after only 1 year?

He's been there for 18 months ... And yes, they can and they will ...
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2011 12:28:50 pm
      would cost at least 15 milion and we will get a player very similair to Kelly.

I don't think his worth that money we should turn our heads to other defenders if we want to sign one.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #25: Jun 20, 2011 11:24:09 pm

Liverpool look to Lyon's Dejan Lovren but fear work permit problem for Croatia defender

Last updated at 11:00 PM on 20th June 2011

Liverpool remain keen on Lyon defender Dejan Lovren but fear they will struggle to gain a work permit for the Croat, 21, who has won just eight caps for his country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2006002/Liverpool-look-Lyons-Dejan-Lovren-fear-work-permit-problem-Croat-defender.html
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 20, 2011 11:29:51 pm
      Liverpool make move for Croatian international defender

By talkSPORT
      Monday, June 20

Liverpool are set to continue their summer spending spree with a move for promising Lyon defender Dejan Lovren.

The 21-year-old centre-back made 28 appearances in Ligue 1 last season after joining from Dinamo Zagreb for £8m last summer.

The Croatia international is contracted to Lyon until 2014 but has been placed on the transfer list and would command a fee in the region of £3million.

According to newspaper Le 10 Sport, Damien Comolli, Liverpool's French director of football, has already held meetings with Lyon in an attempt to seal the transfer.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8466/5/liverpool-make-move-croatian-international-defender

I find it interesting that Talk Sport say they would only want £3m, highly doubt that the figure would be so little.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #27: Jun 20, 2011 11:31:46 pm
      I find it interesting that Talk Sport say they would only want £3m, highly doubt that the figure would be so little.

They have probably missed ''1'' in front of the ''3'' ...
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #28: Jun 20, 2011 11:37:40 pm
      This what concerns me. 8 mill to 13 mill (assuming there is a 1 before the 3). have Lyon added value? Is he a better player than when he arrived at Lyon. Or, are we seen by the rest of the football world as having lots of cash?
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 20, 2011 11:42:54 pm
      He is better than P.Jones! I think he will be up there with Pique etc in a few years.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Jun 21, 2011 05:00:58 am
      This what concerns me. 8 mill to 13 mill (assuming there is a 1 before the 3). have Lyon added value? Is he a better player than when he arrived at Lyon. Or, are we seen by the rest of the football world as having lots of cash?

He had a tremendous breakthrough season, no doubt he would have increased in value.  This won't happen at a remotely fair price, dead set we've got more chance of landing Cissokho and I wouldn't even get my hopes up at that.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #31: Jun 21, 2011 05:16:45 am

This is a good question and a fair one IMO. I don't think paying 35 mil for Andy Carrol did anything to suggest we are still broke.  I know it was a different circumstance, but if I was running a team I would hold that fee "against" LFC. I mean that in the sense of I may at least initially quote a higher price.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #32: Jun 21, 2011 08:55:19 am
      I don't think a work permit should be an issue, he's played 62 times for his country including 8 times for the senior side, aged only 21. He is also a regular starter in the French league.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #33: Jun 21, 2011 09:17:04 am
      Or, are we seen by the rest of the football world as having lots of cash?

With top quality players the maxim "It's a seller's market" tends to hold true. Dejan Lovren is deemed to be top quality and a limited commodity - we (or any other club who want Lovren) will only pay what we think he's worth. The market sets it's self - both seller and buyer have parts to play in ensuring that.

Quick Reply