Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Scott Parker (West Ham)

Read 9539 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Scott Parker (West Ham)
      May 15, 2011 01:02:54 am

Parker puts Liverpool and Spurs interest to one side

Published 23:01 14/05/11

Scott Parker has admitted he has tried to block out all thoughts about his future until West Ham’s Premier League fate is finally sealed.

With Tottenham and Liverpool both believed to be interested in the England midfielder, Parker – who is valued at around £8 million – will be a wanted man.

He said: ”I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about where I’ll be next season. It’s natural you have those thoughts because the reality is that I have a wife and a family.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Scott-Parker-will-put-interest-from-Liverpool-and-Tottenham-to-one-side-until-West-Ham-s-fate-is-sealed-article735826.html
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Scott Parker (West Ham)
      Reply #1: May 15, 2011 01:34:16 am
      I would love him here. I think we should deffo sign him if we will use the 4-2-3-1 formation next year.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: May 15, 2011 01:39:39 am
      No thanks, Spurs can have him. Good season this year, but I feel we are looking for someone that will be around for more than 2-3 seasons.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #3: May 15, 2011 01:41:19 am
      Won't happen.

Too old.

Had a couple of fantastic seasons though, deserves to see out his career in the Premiership which I'm sure he will.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #4: May 15, 2011 10:30:12 am
      Won't happen.

Too old.

Had a couple of fantastic seasons though, deserves to see out his career in the Premiership which I'm sure he will.
      As the above ,top player but to old .
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #5: May 15, 2011 10:31:07 am
      I would love him here. I think we should deffo sign him if we will use the 4-2-3-1 formation next year.

What?? No he's too old and who would he replace? Lucas - no thanks.

Besides, I don't think Kenny will be rigid with his formations, I think it will just depend on the players he has at his disposal.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: May 15, 2011 05:03:40 pm
      What?? No he's too old and who would he replace? Lucas - no thanks.

Besides, I don't think Kenny will be rigid with his formations, I think it will just depend on the players he has at his disposal.

I said buy him if we were to utilize the 4-2-3-1 formation. Just because he is getting up there in age doesn't make him a bad player. In a 4-2-3-1 he would come off the bench and not start over Lucas. He has better stats than Lucas, but i agree and I would still start Lucas over him. And at his age he wouldn't mind coming off the bench, and being a squad player.

I doubt you even have watched him played this year anyways.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #7: May 15, 2011 06:20:57 pm
      No thanks.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #8: May 15, 2011 06:22:54 pm
      Yes!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: May 15, 2011 06:44:38 pm
      Gary Mac was old as well!

I'm sure the vultures will be after Parker, Ba, Hitzelsberger and Green.

Wouldn't mind him here, quality player.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: May 15, 2011 09:08:20 pm
      The kind of player we probably need in the centre. Pretty strong ball winner, a passer, experienced and can score goals.

I actually rate him and felt he shouldn't moved to Chelsea back in 2003.

However, I would really have him here in a jiffy if he was 5 years younger.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: May 15, 2011 09:15:52 pm
      Avram Grants been sacked following today's relegation so any decision on Parkers future has been took out of his hands.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #12: May 15, 2011 09:20:00 pm
      Grant was always going to get the sack.

If Parker was 3-4 years later I'd have him in a heartbeat. But IMO he's good enough but is to old. Our model is to attract younger players with sell on value. Which Parker isn't.

If there was any player from West Ham I would take it would be Ba. Has been class for them this season. He's scored more goals for West Ham then Suarez and Carroll have for us combined. Would make for good competition and back up.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: May 15, 2011 09:48:06 pm
      Ba's not a bad shout as back up at all, certainly an improvement on N'Gog.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: May 16, 2011 09:22:15 am
      We'll not need Ba, we'll have three strikers in Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez competing for one or two positions, we'll bring in natural wingers and Kuyt will be used in his natural role, no need to address a position that does not need addressing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: May 16, 2011 09:44:34 am
      We'll not need Ba, we'll have three strikers in Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez competing for one or two positions, we'll bring in natural wingers and Kuyt will be used in his natural role, no need to address a position that does not need addressing.
      Totally agree Red,without a doubt it is natural wingers we need and that has been the case for a number of seasons now.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #16: May 16, 2011 11:23:10 am
      Stop saying he is too old people if we signed him this summer he will have 2 seasons at the top of the form, even more. We cant just have a bunch of young guy with no leaders and experience i know we have lots of experiened players but some of them will be injured or not in the starting eleven so just by adding that extra depth would mean you will have a bit of Experience and Leadership on the field at all times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #17: May 16, 2011 11:27:03 am
      Stop saying he is too old people if we signed him this summer he will have 2 seasons at the top of the form, even more. We cant just have a bunch of young guy with no leaders and experience i know we have lots of experiened players but some of them will be injured or not in the starting eleven so just by adding that extra depth would mean you will have a bit of Experience and Leadership on the field at all times.

What some posters are saying though is it goes against what FSG stated when they bought the club.

Personally, I think we've got enough central midfield players, couple of wide players, left back and centre-back before we start worrying about centre-midfield.

But just my opinion.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #18: May 16, 2011 11:27:12 am
      See the thing is, when I think of a player we are interested in, I always think will he improve on what we have now. When it comes to Parker I reckon he would improve on our current squad.  But when we look at the type of players we are linked with I still feel like we could do better.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #19: May 17, 2011 01:05:16 pm

Personally, I would like Parker on this LFC team, in case we don't get Aquilani back ... In fact, I would even send Shelvey on loan to West Ham, as a part of the deal ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #20: May 17, 2011 01:11:45 pm
      Super player would like him here instead of Aqua.But it wont happen he is too old and NESV are looking at players aged between 21-26.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #21: May 17, 2011 01:50:03 pm
      Personally, I would like Parker on this LFC team, in case we don't get Aquilani back ... In fact, I would even send Shelvey on loan to West Ham, as a part of the deal ...

I think Shelvey needs game time in the Premiership. He's looking good in the appearances he's made so I wouldn't bother loaning him to the Championship.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #22: May 17, 2011 01:55:38 pm
      I think Shelvey needs game time in the Premiership. He's looking good in the appearances he's made so I wouldn't bother loaning him to the Championship.

Shelvey is only 19, and a season of regular senior football would help his development ... A quality attacking Championship team would suit him much better ...
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #23: May 17, 2011 10:30:58 pm
      I have always been a big admirer of the way Parker plays. He wears his heart on his sleeve. However, i do wonder how much truth there is in this. I think that the media have put the fact that West Ham have been relegated and him probably wanting away, together and are coming out with a load of crap. Still wouldn't say no though.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24: May 18, 2011 02:00:00 am
      Sure. Why not? Also, I'd definitely loan out Jonjo. He needs experience.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2011 08:29:49 am
      Linked again today, nothing surer than he's leaving West Ham so could be a possibility.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: May 21, 2011 09:13:30 am
      Id take him, swap for poulsen. ;D.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: May 21, 2011 09:58:41 am

True

Difference is the then owners never stated they had policy of buying young players
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: May 21, 2011 10:03:39 am
      Be alright as a stop gap signing at the right price and would allow us to to pursue more pressing areas without breaking the bank but with the possibility of Aquilani returning I can not see us signing a central midfielder until his future is resolved.

If it came down to a choice between Parker and Adam, think I'd have to go for Parker.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2011 10:43:45 am
      Good player pity he is not a few years younger would be a good signing then
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #30: May 21, 2011 10:47:34 am

I know that he is 30, but many players in his position has been very effective until 33-34 ... Personally, I would like us to get him, in case Aquilani doesn't return ... Parker would perform a valuable role at our team, and would allow us to develop Shelvey (who is only 19) in a more natural way ...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #31: May 21, 2011 10:58:38 am
      The only situation I can see the funds being released for him are a) if Aquilani goes and b) if he's very cheap.

But he won't be that cheap because a lot of Premier League clubs would be interested in him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: May 21, 2011 11:04:13 am
      Dont he will be worth what west ham are asking solely on his age. He is 31 now and i think he is a dynamite type midfielder. I think over the next couple of years his legs will go. A good player though
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #33: May 22, 2011 12:36:55 am

Dalglish draws up three-man midfielder shortlist

Published 23:31 21/05/11

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is targeting three players to fill his midfield for next season.

Dalglish has set his sights on Brazil international Diego, who plays for German club Wolfsburg and hot Wigan prospect James McCarthy.

The Merseysiders also have their eye on Writers’ Footballer of the Year Scott Parker, but seem destined to lose out to Tottenham in the race to sign the West Ham vice-captain.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Transfer-news-Kenny-Dalglish-wants-Wolfsburg-Diego-Wigan-James-McCarthy-and-West-Ham-Scott-Parker-article738879.html
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #34: May 22, 2011 12:51:42 am
      Dalglish draws up three-man midfielder shortlist

Published 23:31 21/05/11

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is targeting three players to fill his midfield for next season.

Dalglish has set his sights on Brazil international Diego, who plays for German club Wolfsburg and hot Wigan prospect James McCarthy.

The Merseysiders also have their eye on Writers’ Footballer of the Year Scott Parker, but seem destined to lose out to Tottenham in the race to sign the West Ham vice-captain.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Transfer-news-Kenny-Dalglish-wants-Wolfsburg-Diego-Wigan-James-McCarthy-and-West-Ham-Scott-Parker-article738879.html

See my last post on...................... ..............who care's. We can read sh*te in the paper's in the morning. Give it a rest Macedonian. Rumour,rumour,rumour based all of your crap.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #35: May 22, 2011 01:00:56 am
      See my last post on...................... ..............who care's. We can read sh*te in the paper's in the morning. Give it a rest Macedonian. Rumour,rumour,rumour based all of your crap.

To be fair to Macedonian Red mate he is only posting articles relating to players we are linked with.

May be the same article but it is relevant to each player he has posted it in.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #36: May 22, 2011 01:06:36 am
      To be fair to Macedonian Red mate he is only posting articles relating to players we are linked with.

May be the same article but it is relevant to each player he has posted it in.
      Same crap every day. he brings up related news from years ago or links with different clubs but same player that is or was linked to us. Just give him his own''RED TOP''page
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #37: May 22, 2011 01:08:49 am
      Same crap every day. he brings up related news from years ago or links with different clubs but same player that is or was linked to us. Just give him his own''RED TOP''page

I honestly don't see what you're problem with this. This is an article from tomorrows papers in which we are linked to the players. Plenty of people do this on the forum.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #38: May 22, 2011 01:17:48 am
      I honestly don't see what you're problem with this. This is an article from tomorrows papers in which we are linked to the players. Plenty of people do this on the forum.
      H
      His only contributions are quotes from papers that mainly turnout to be ''sh*te Sunday Headline's'' or ''Stories from source's''and the like that anyone can pick up on the internet and make a thread from. I could read an article from ''The Daily Spanner Gossip Column'' and post it as fact and expect a response.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #39: May 23, 2011 05:26:16 am
      His only contributions are quotes from papers that mainly turnout to be ''Sh*te Sunday Headline's'' or ''Stories from source's''and the like that anyone can pick up on the internet and make a thread from. I could read an article from ''The Daily Spanner Gossip Column'' and post it as fact and expect a response.

You don't have to respond or you don't even have to read it  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: May 23, 2011 06:29:56 am
      His only contributions are quotes from papers that mainly turnout to be ''sh*te Sunday Headline's'' or ''Stories from source's''and the like that anyone can pick up on the internet and make a thread from. I could read an article from ''The Daily Spanner Gossip Column'' and post it as fact and expect a response.

Mate, wtf is your problem? If you don't want to read speculation, then stay out of the transfer speculation topics. I suggest you get ready, the speculation is only just begining, and for the next 100 odd days, this place will be rife with sh*te links to players, - its fun, honest.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #41: May 23, 2011 09:50:33 am
      Who,s shat in your bed??????he,s only posting links on players we might be linked to,as this is a transfer thread :dunceblock:
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #42: May 23, 2011 10:14:30 am

Jez mate, if you didn't want to read speculation, go elsewhere.

Doubt we'll get Scott Parker. I would have thought he would have been a fantastic addition. Rated him very highly for years. However, Dirty Harry gets his man, from the looks of it.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #43: May 23, 2011 10:39:37 am

What gives you the right to tell someome to give it a rest? It's a thread about Scott Parker and all he's done is post something related to it. Get a grip you arrogant t**t.

On topic, I think he'd be a great addition but can't see it happening due to the owners policy. We need signings in other position first!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #44: May 23, 2011 01:28:55 pm
      Will end up at Spurs!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: May 23, 2011 04:44:20 pm

He's not the only one who continually posts from media links.
      Don't see you chasing down the others over it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #46: May 23, 2011 04:49:35 pm
      Good player who Id liked us to have got 3 years ago. Now for me hes too old to sign for a team who hope top have title aspirations.

For me hes a spurs/villa/Fulham type signing now
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #47: May 24, 2011 09:56:28 am

By Jason Burt
      11:20PM BST 23 May 2011

West Ham are prepared to sell some of their established stars this summer, following relegation from the Premier League, as long as the deals are done early. Offers for Cole — who is available for £7 million — are expected within seven days.

The club are also braced for Arsenal and Liverpool to make offers for Scott Parker, who could be sold for upwards of £8 million.

Tottenham Hotspur are also keen to sign the midfielder but may not be prepared to meet West Ham’s asking price.

It is also believed that West Ham would rather not sell to Spurs given the difficult relations between the two clubs in recent times, not least over the Olympic Stadium and previous transfer deals.

West Ham have insisted that they would like Parker to stay but the chances are slim given the ambitions he still holds to play for England in the Euro 2012 finals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8532028/Carlton-Cole-set-to-lead-Upton-Park-exodus-as-West-Ham-United-consider-cost-of-relegation-from-Premier-League.html
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #48: May 24, 2011 10:09:38 am
      I would do 8 million for Parker.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #49: Jun 13, 2011 09:54:31 pm

Scott Parker wanted by Fenerbahce but holding out for top flight club

• Everyone wants to play in the Premier League, says Parker
      • Hammers receive no offers for Carlton Cole and Robert Green

Jamie Jackson
          guardian.co.uk, Monday 13 June 2011 21.18 BST

West Ham United are yet to receive a bid for Scott Parker from any English club, with the only offer coming from Turkey despite the reported interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

Following West Ham's relegation to the Championship under Avram Grant last month Parker was expected to lead an exodus of the club's better players.

Yet a highly placed source at Upton Park confirmed that Parker has not been the subject of any official approach from a domestic club. West Ham are also yet to receive any bids for Parker's fellow England internationals, Carlton Cole and Robert Green.

While the offer for Parker is thought to have been lodged by Fenerbahce, the 30-year-old is not interested in a move to Turkey as he understands the best chance of retaining his England place is by continuing to play in the Premier League.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/13/scott-parker-west-ham-transfer
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #50: Jun 13, 2011 09:57:18 pm
      Don't need him.

Doesn't exactly fit the FSG profile of buying youth either.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #51: Jun 14, 2011 12:24:20 pm

Scott Parker tells West Ham he wants out, while Demba Ba and Thomas Hitzlsperger are free to go

Last updated at 11:39 AM on 14th June 2011

West Ham are resigned to losing first-team players Demba Ba and Thomas Hitzlsperger with the pair set to follow Scott Parker out of Upton Park on free transfers this summer

The relegated Hammers also face a further setback after star player Scott Parker has formally told the club of his desire to leave.

Turkish side Fenerbahce are the only club to have bid for the midfielder but the England international wants to stay in the Premier League according to the Telegraph.

Tottenham and Arsenal have shown in interest while Liverpool also made an enquiry for the 30 year-old, who has three years left on his contract. However all three sides have baulked at the £8million-10million being demanded by West Ham.

Newcastle and Everton are leading the race for Ba, with the Toon more willing to pay the Senegalese striker’s demanded £46,000 wages.

The Hammers have already reported Sunderland to the Premier League claiming Sunderland have made an illegal approach for the 26-year-old – which the Black Cats denied – but cannot stop him leaving for free once the clause is activated.

Any deal involving Ba will be complicated by a history of failed medicals which originally proved a problem ahead of his transfer to Upton Park in January.

Hitzslperger joined West Ham from Lazio on a free last summer on a three-year-deal but was out for the majority of last season with injury.

The German international is understood to earn £45,000-a-week and although he can leave on a free, new boss Sam Allardyce is less concerned about the German’s departure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003348/Scott-Parker-Demba-Ba-Thomas-Hitzlsperger-leave-West-Ham.html
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 14, 2011 12:28:24 pm
      Unless he is offered to us for <5m then jog on. Too old, does not fit the transfer policy of the owners, and CM is no longer a priority IMO.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #53: Jul 14, 2011 10:37:03 pm

Chelsea closing on £5m Parker loan deal

By Mark Fleming
      Thursday, 14 July 2011

Chelsea are optimistic about securing England midfielder Scott Parker on a year-long loan from West Ham United in a deal worth £5m.

The Chelsea manager, Andre Villas-Boas, is looking to strengthen his squad following the loss of Michael Essien for six months with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, and is weighing up a move for Parker, 30, who spent 18 months at Chelsea seven years ago.

West Ham want £1.5m in a fee, and Chelsea would take on Parker's salary of around £3.5m a year. The Hammers are open to the move, as it would significantly reduce the wage bill but at the same time allow Parker to return to the club next year should they gain promotion from the Championship. Premier League clubs have been put off moves for Parker by West Ham's asking price of £8m but this compromise deal could work for all parties.

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan said yesterday: "We have had no approaches from any club officially. I have not spoken to Scott myself. I think he has indicated and his agent has told me for his England career that he would like to play in the Premier League, but if we can't get the right fee for him I think he accepts he will be playing for West Ham next year in the Championship.

"He is a supreme professional and I am sure he will do a wonderful job whether he is with West Ham or somebody else. I mean, we would love a deal – and this has been mooted – that maybe we loan him out for the season for a substantial fee and then when we get promotion he comes back to us.

"That sort of deal would appeal to us because we love Scott," Sullivan added. "We would obviously want a loan fee because he has substantial value and has three or four years left of his career."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-closing-on-1635m-parker-loan-deal-2313111.html
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #54: Jul 14, 2011 11:20:44 pm
      Chelsea closing on £5m Parker loan deal

By Mark Fleming
      Thursday, 14 July 2011

Chelsea are optimistic about securing England midfielder Scott Parker on a year-long loan from West Ham United in a deal worth £5m.

The Chelsea manager, Andre Villas-Boas, is looking to strengthen his squad following the loss of Michael Essien for six months with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, and is weighing up a move for Parker, 30, who spent 18 months at Chelsea seven years ago.

West Ham want £1.5m in a fee, and Chelsea would take on Parker's salary of around £3.5m a year. The Hammers are open to the move, as it would significantly reduce the wage bill but at the same time allow Parker to return to the club next year should they gain promotion from the Championship. Premier League clubs have been put off moves for Parker by West Ham's asking price of £8m but this compromise deal could work for all parties.

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan said yesterday: "We have had no approaches from any club officially. I have not spoken to Scott myself. I think he has indicated and his agent has told me for his England career that he would like to play in the Premier League, but if we can't get the right fee for him I think he accepts he will be playing for West Ham next year in the Championship.

"He is a supreme professional and I am sure he will do a wonderful job whether he is with West Ham or somebody else. I mean, we would love a deal – and this has been mooted – that maybe we loan him out for the season for a substantial fee and then when we get promotion he comes back to us.

"That sort of deal would appeal to us because we love Scott," Sullivan added. "We would obviously want a loan fee because he has substantial value and has three or four years left of his career."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-closing-on-1635m-parker-loan-deal-2313111.html

Why bother posting this. Never going to join us at his age. And also the world and his mother knew that deal was on the table with Chelski and West ham agreed to it!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Jul 14, 2011 11:40:41 pm
      No more links to us. Locked.

Quick Reply