Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47509 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #667: May 15, 2011 09:07:32 pm
      Can see a few warnings being handed out here calm down lads.

I'm doing my best, I want to establish exactly what kind of fan Horizon is though. If he's one of those "I go to the games so im a better fan" types though then i see no place for him here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #668: May 15, 2011 09:07:38 pm
      You probably can't see the beauty....in the dawn's early light or the moon shining across a clear night sky.....Heathen.

What have you been taking?
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #669: May 15, 2011 09:08:41 pm
      Mate for fucks sake shut the up.

I'm sorry i'll tow the party line in future....we were brilliant today,it was great,webb is a manc loving b@stard and we should have won because we are the greatest and it's all webbs fault.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #670: May 15, 2011 09:08:42 pm
      I didn't see any beauty in Spurs perfomance anyway, all they did was stifle us and defend in numbers. we had more possesion I believe. What about the times when Johnson turned Kaboul inside out and Kuyt skinned Rose.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #671: May 15, 2011 09:09:31 pm
      He's on about the man u game in Jan.

Yeah,I realised that and deleted it.  You're too quick HR!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #672: May 15, 2011 09:09:40 pm
      I'm sorry I'll tow the party line in future....we were brilliant today,it was great,webb is a manc loving b@stard and we should have won because we are the greatest and it's all webbs fault.
      When have I or anyone else said that? Read my post on the game before spouting sh*te.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #673: May 15, 2011 09:10:24 pm
      Did any of you see Maxi's dive ? it was unbelievable....but no yellow card,Suarez dived a couple of times today as well,but I guess you never saw that either...

Like I said, Webb is atrocious... But then, He never awarded LFC a penalty today for no reason, even though he dishes them out against us for no reason... FFS, the man has been praised by Fergie. I think that says it all, don't you??
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #674: May 15, 2011 09:15:20 pm
      Give it up with this beauty sh*t, Spurs ain't all that and it was hardly total football that they were playing today.
      Redknapp came with a plan and it worked, but it did involve them being fouling cu*ts themselves.

Behave lad, BigV is an Aussie living in America, it's gonna be struggle for him to get to every home game isn't it.

I was talking Barcelona.....but has it happens they were far more pretty today.

As for bigvynwa....i have no axe to grind with him,just if he throws expletives my way,i'll send my own views his way,i'm sure he's big enough to defend himself anyway...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #675: May 15, 2011 09:15:51 pm
      Not sure anyone is saying we'd have won if it was not for Webb, we didn't play well, but Spurs were hardly better than us really, they just got a flukey deflected goal and a gift of a pen, then sat back and soaked up the game very well.  A draw was the fair result.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #676: May 15, 2011 09:15:54 pm
      I'm sorry I'll tow the party line in future....we were brilliant today,it was great,webb is a manc loving b@stard and we should have won because we are the greatest and it's all webbs fault.

No-ones F***ing saying that either. I said somewhere earlier (could have been on twitter) that i think a draw would have been fair, with us MAYBE sneaking a winner as we did just shade it in my eyes. The stats (not that i like to use them) also have us just shading it.

You're just being utterly immature on everything.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #677: May 15, 2011 09:16:35 pm
      Ithink we needed Europa as a platform to launch ourselves into CL ,in fairness it was our first european title in '73 and we were delighted with it and probably gave us the hunger for greater things to come so don"t knock it too much.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #678: May 15, 2011 09:16:55 pm

You'll need to back page this....then you'd get it,but if i were you....i wouldn't bother.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #679: May 15, 2011 09:17:31 pm
      I was talking Barcelona.....but has it happens they were far more pretty today.

As for bigvynwa....I have no axe to grind with him,just if he throws expletives my way,I'll send my own views his way,I'm sure he's big enough to defend himself anyway...

I throw expletives all the time :D I throw them at my father (love him dearly) if he gets out of line. What are your views then exactly? I answered, now tell me why you repeatedly asked about whether i was at the game.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #680: May 15, 2011 09:18:20 pm
      Was listening on the radio and sounds like Spurs deserved the win. Really surprised after watching the Fulham match which was brilliant stuff from us, thought we'd stroll it today. Haven't seen any highlights, hear they got a dodgy peno, but when you can't break a team down at home to score even once you have to hold up your hands. Can only think Carroll's return unsettled the pattern that has worked so well recently. When he's not sharp and playing regular, Carroll can look a bit slow footed, and our tempo and quick passing has been great in last few games. Doesn't take much to upset a balance, and from what I heard the ball just wasn't sticking up front for us today. Not too bothered, KK has time over the summer to work with the players and hopefully get a few more in (and ship some out). In KK we trust ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #681: May 15, 2011 09:21:23 pm

I know mate I'm just trying to be the sensible one for once. :D
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #682: May 15, 2011 09:22:52 pm
      No-ones f**king saying that either. I said somewhere earlier (could have been on twitter) that I think a draw would have been fair, with us MAYBE sneaking a winner as we did just shade it in my eyes. The stats (not that I like to use them) also have us just shading it.

You're just being utterly immature on everything.

Quote me being immature,if i was i'll accept it and apologize..

We did do some good stuff today but those pesky Spurs boys wouldn't play ball and they passed it better and played better...I'm sorry but don't ever quote stats..
      arturs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #683: May 15, 2011 09:26:12 pm
      Agree totally. Changed our style to cater for the big man

Yeah i feel like everytime caroll goes in we're trying to pass him long balls...which is okay cz he can control them, but once he gets them outside the box and he doesnt have space to shoot he cant do much.. we really missed raul this game..f**k
      arturs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #684: May 15, 2011 09:29:15 pm
      Ithink we needed Europa as a platform to launch ourselves into CL ,in fairness it was our first european title in '73 and we were delighted with it and probably gave us the hunger for greater things to come so don"t knock it too much.

Yeah I agree with this, don't get why some people are complaining about playing in europa, sure its more football but who doesn't want that...gets us more pumped up for CL and gives some of the younger guys a lil taste of europe. Maybe the team will be tired but its important for us to get better right now...maybe europa can even help us (in a tiny way) attract new players??
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #685: May 15, 2011 09:32:01 pm
      What the F**k has happened today? :( Couldn't see the game as I was travelling, really gutted with the result.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #686: May 15, 2011 09:32:39 pm
      Today I saw a player(Carroll)that we didn't know how to involve effectively in the play at times. The lad will give 100% but it may not be in the way we need it if we don't get some decent wide service but that worries me too because I don't want to be too dependent on getting balls into the area for him to knock down, £35m is too high a price to pay for soemthing Crouch could do. I agree Kuyt should be seen as third choice striker, not a wide or midfield player, he doesn't have the skill or composure on the ball.

It's going to be a busy summer for Kenny and I think he'll get it right but we need major quality additions to the squad, Lucas and Spearing were badly exposed today, effort can make up for ability sometimes but it still gets found too often over a season.

We need at least 6 players of high quality. What positions do we need to strengthen ( i know but i'd like to hear kopites views). Can we attract top quality without European football. How do we use Carroll effectively?

We will never acheive anything with Kuyt and Maxi as our wingers.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #687: May 15, 2011 09:33:21 pm
      I throw expletives all the time :D I throw them at my father (love him dearly) if he gets out of line. What are your views then exactly? I answered, now tell me why you repeatedly asked about whether I was at the game.

It's all to easy to to write on here when you haven't seen the game at first hand with your own eyes,i should think you'd even accept that,you get an over view which you simply don't get on TV....But for the record and i'm on record on here saying such,My view and others who were there is more worthy...as they see the whole picture not just what someone else chooses you to see...

But i don't want to go on about this on this thread as it's been done to death on another thread,i'm not saying i'm more worthy a fan,just i see it as it is......as with the penalty,it looked like one,clear as day to me but others have said perhaps it wasn't with the benefit of slow mo replays...then when i come on here and write an honest account,it gets slaughtered because others,like yourself have watched it on camera and are privvy to things i cannot see but i'm privvy to things you cannot see,blood sweat and tears...
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #688: May 15, 2011 09:34:26 pm
      I am sure that the players are as dissapointed as we are and thats because they now care a whole lot more under kenny as manager. Bad day but hope brings expectations and thats no bad thing.
      Looking forward to a new season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #689: May 15, 2011 09:40:54 pm
      You'll need to back page this....then you'd get it, but if I were you....I wouldn't bother.

Je ne comprends pas?

Then on the other hand you wouldn't want to be like me.

(Off to the "training ground" with this one methinks)

Quick Reply