Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47389 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #690: May 15, 2011 09:42:50 pm
      . ...My view and others who were there is more worthy...as they see the whole picture not just what someone else chooses you to see..

Really?

. ...then when i come on here and write an honest account,it gets slaughtered because others,like yourself have watched it on camera and are privvy to things i cannot see

See now, i'm not looking a row here but you've just contradicted yourself in a big way mate. Anyhow...

but i'm privvy to things you cannot see,blood sweat and tears...

Fair enough R.H. . ...so maybe that's what you should stick to commenting on. Well that and telling us what games you went to, what end you sat and how much it cost. ...that you do well.  8)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #691: May 15, 2011 09:45:12 pm
      Didn't see the game so can't really comment. Have to say though I've loved the football Kenny has had us playing the last few weeks slick football, quick one touched football with loads of movement and the ball on the deck.

If I'm being honest I'm struggling to see where even a fully fit Carroll fits into that. It is not rocket scientist stuff to see Kuyt and Suarez are our best partnership at the moment with Raul and Maxi supporting can't see where Carroll fits in and I'm not sure I'm all for changing the formation to bring in wingers for one player over the Summer.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #692: May 15, 2011 09:47:00 pm
      If I'm being honest I'm struggling to see where even a fully fit Carroll fits into that.

Agreed.  :-\
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #693: May 15, 2011 09:50:06 pm
      Didn't see the game so can't really comment. Have to say though I've loved the football Kenny has had us playing the last few weeks slick football, quick one touched football with loads of movement and the ball on the deck.

If I'm being honest I'm struggling to see where even a fully fit Carroll fits into that. It is not rocket scientist stuff to see Kuyt and Suarez are our best partnership at the moment with Raul and Maxi supporting can't see where Carroll fits in and I'm not sure I'm all for changing the formation to bring in wingers for one player over the Summer.

We will win nohing with Maxi and kuyt as our wingers over a full season. Both are lacking pace and guile in my opinion. The 7 goals maxi has scored the past 3 weeks have been his best spell for the club but he's not consistent enough in my opinion.,. Kuyt should only play as a triker. He stinks out wide
      spennalicous
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #694: May 15, 2011 09:54:36 pm
      Andy Carroll is a problem, coz he is clearly gifted, but can only play one way, which is a completely different way to Kenny's zippy fast on-the-floor passing. spurs werent that good we just had no ideas. problems
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #695: May 15, 2011 10:02:40 pm
      They haven't being played as wingers per say they have being playing more centrally with our full backs providing the width. It is a 4-2-3-1.

Today from what I hear they were playing wider to faciltate Carroll in the team and neither player looked as good or comfortable as they have in the last few weeks.

Kenny will have to change the whole system and style of play which has been successful the last few weeks to faciltate Carroll, the big question is he good enough for this. Next season will answer a lot but for me currently at the moment Suarez with Kuyt supporting is by far our best striking option.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #696: May 15, 2011 10:06:35 pm
      F***ing gutted.

To be honest we really never looked like it and even when we had a glimmer of hope Howard Webb that c**t made sure to snuff that glimmer out.   :f_steam:

I thought the starting of Andy Carroll upset our balance a fair bit. Have gotten used to seeing Luis and Dirk work really well up top, thought Carroll should have started on the bench, maybe given Jonjo Raul's job floating from the right hand side.

Once we went 2-0 down you just look at that bench we had and you wonder who is going to come on and score ??? Glad Mr Henry was in the stands last night, he might have been thinking the same thing, now let's hope he bumps up the 100 million pounds to 150 million  ;D.

One game to go, it's gonna be tough but our away form has been outstanding of late and together with our away supporters, I really think we'll come away with the 3 points. I's just a shame that we have to depend on Birmingham getting anything at the Spuds. We should of put it to bed last night. It's going to be a nerve racking week ahead.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011 11:04:03 pm by AussieRed »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #697: May 15, 2011 10:08:10 pm
      Red Horizon stop winding fellow posters up or you'll be on a Warning. Thankyou.

Haven't seen the game apart from bits on a stream that kept stopping, I was so looking forward to going to Anfield but as I was unable to get a ticket I'll have to watch it on LFC tv instead.

Just very dissapointed really that we last our last home game of the season after such a good run lately under Kenny. Maybe we've all got a bit carried away lately and just expected our run of good fortune and good football to carry on till the end of the season, still we can beat Aston Villa next weekend and get that 5th spot.

Need to have a good rebuild over the summer months and get rid of a number of players.

All is not lost though and I'm still very happy that Kenny is firmly in charge and let the great work continue.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #698: May 15, 2011 10:14:55 pm
      I see what some people are saying about Carroll. Saying that, i'm gonna reserve most of my judgement until i see how we look after the summer. A full pre-season with the team, hopefully with some quality additions, and then see how he looks.

Unfortunately not every player will adapt as quickly as Suarez has.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #699: May 15, 2011 10:20:01 pm

Contact clearly outside the box.

Not to mention Pienaar is also leaning into Flanagan. It's equal contact in my opinion, not a penalty.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #700: May 15, 2011 10:21:28 pm
      Webb should go to specsavers - tw*t  :f_steam:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #701: May 15, 2011 10:25:20 pm
      Webb should go to specsavers - tw*t  :f_steam:

Worst thing is he probably has, its just he doesn't bother to use em against us.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #702: May 15, 2011 10:27:20 pm
      Honestly I was expecting most posters to defend Carroll because I was left with the impression that he is very well accepted. I on the other hand have been quite reserved towards him and have been waiting for him to prove me wrong. It is matches like this however that make me think that a mistake was made ( I blame Camolli and not Kenny but this is another topic ). Not that he is the only one to blame for the loss, other players underperformed too, Spurs got lucky and so on. Leave alone the fact that we do not really want to play a "hitman" kind of attack. What also bothers me is that he does not seem to be as psyched about winning as Suares or Kuyt are. Really do not want to turn this into Carroll thread but his presence obviously affected the play of the team today.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #703: May 15, 2011 10:34:25 pm
      Carroll's not 100% / at his best at the moment. So way too early to make judgements on him. He's a better player than Crouch. Plus, you need options, we can't afford to play just one way. Toshack and Keegan didn't do so bad for us. KK has time to work with the lads, we will be stronger next year  ...
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #704: May 15, 2011 10:43:26 pm
      It's not goog for anyone being so radical!, i mean, 3 days ago, we were the best, and so happy with carroll and luis!.. and afther this game... now carroll's not fully fit!.. we can't change so quickly!! i mean.. SUPPORT the TEAM, nobody likes to to lose against that Redknnap and also losing the fifth place!! but let's walk oooon! move on! beat aston villa! support the team!! Kenny will learn from this mistakes and we'll smile again.. just KEEP CALM!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #705: May 15, 2011 10:45:43 pm
      Never like watching Howard Webb ref.

Almost all the big games he is in charge, he comes out as the star.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #706: May 15, 2011 11:02:46 pm
      Just seen it, never in the box, horrible manc c**t couldn't wait to give it!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #707: May 15, 2011 11:07:00 pm

Me too on MOTD, if anything Pinearr or whatever the tw*ts name crashed into Flanno  ??? but of course we were never gonna get anything from Webb  :f_steam:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #708: May 15, 2011 11:08:33 pm
      Me too on MOTD, if anything Pinearr or whatever the tw*ts name crashed into Flanno  ??? but of course we were never gonna get anything from Webb  :f_steam:

Few fellas around me today saying exactly the same as the game wore on Cas
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #709: May 15, 2011 11:09:08 pm

Wonder what the c**t is like on the beat?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #710: May 15, 2011 11:10:00 pm

Mate, that c**t had no hesitation blowing his whistle, I reckon the c**t was blowing it before the spud fella, whoever the F**k it was, can't remember, hit the ground.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: May 15, 2011 11:12:17 pm
      Steven Peinarse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #712: May 15, 2011 11:12:30 pm
      Mate, that c**t had no hesitation blowing his whistle, I reckon the c**t was blowing it before the spud fella, whoever the F**k it was, can't remember, hit the ground.

Ex-bluenose sh*t Pienaar

Quick Reply