Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?

Read 10403 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #23: May 16, 2011 08:07:55 pm
      Meh mute point now anyway, he's been told to get back to Liverpool following Juventus game with Napoli on Sunday.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #24: May 16, 2011 08:09:57 pm
      Meh mute point now anyway, he's been told to get back to Liverpool following Juventus game with Napoli on Sunday.
      Seriously? With a view to staying?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: May 16, 2011 08:11:23 pm
      Seriously? With a view to staying?

No Idea, no fee has been agreed with Juventus, so he's been told to return to Liverpool is all I know.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #26: May 16, 2011 08:12:32 pm

Good.  About time!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #27: May 16, 2011 08:15:47 pm
      No Idea, no fee has been agreed with Juventus, so he's been told to return to Liverpool is all I know.

They'll reach an agreement for an undisclosed fee. As much as he'd benefit us if he hasn't got the heart, he ain't worth it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: May 16, 2011 08:21:34 pm
      They'll reach an agreement for an undisclosed fee. As much as he'd benefit us if he hasn't got the heart, he ain't worth it.

Dunno to be honest mate, Just an acquaintance of mine text me some information earlier that I posted, so I asked him he'd heard anything regarding Aquilani and that's what he told me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: May 16, 2011 08:43:33 pm
      Dunno to be honest mate, Just an acquaintance of mine text me some information earlier that I posted, so I asked him he'd heard anything regarding Aquilani and that's what he told me.

Time will tell then, I was resigned to never seeing him again months ago. If they won't pay up and he passes Kenny's 'Do you love LFC' waterboarding interview then he can come and play for the best club in the world.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: May 16, 2011 09:52:57 pm
      Aquilani over Charlie Adam.

But I would love to see James McCarthy here. A prospect with a lot of talent that can contribute right away.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #31: May 16, 2011 10:45:18 pm
      Barry Bannan.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #32: May 16, 2011 11:29:15 pm
      Aquilani. For many of the reasons stated. He's a player with great skill and seems to have got past being constantly injured. Really liked what I saw of the guy towards the back of last season and the reports coming out of Italy have been very positive. The major thing though is (as has already been said) his pass and move style of play would fit in with us now more than ever.

My only concern would be, if he didn't want to be here. You would never get the best from a player who felt like that.

Don't think Adam is the quality we are looking for either way tbh.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #33: May 17, 2011 02:08:44 am
      Mascherano.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #34: May 17, 2011 08:36:24 am
      Lmao... honest to f**king god.

Very outlandish statement that, of course he can play in the premier league, he proved as much towards the back end of last season, when finished as the 2nd most productive player
       in our squad in terms of assists.

Sometimes I despair I really do, he had one good game against Portsmouth. In fact it was that good he spent the remainder of the season either as sub or bein subbed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: May 17, 2011 08:55:44 am
      Sometimes I despair I really do, he had one good game against Portsmouth. In fact it was that good he spent the remainder of the season either as sub or bein subbed.

I despair because that's a loads of bollocks, what about Atletico Madrid, which was arguably his best game in a red shirt ?

He also started the last 9 games of the season.

I some times wonder if you watch our games or if you just pick up the papers and believe what ever infactual piece of rubbish that particular Journo spews on to the page.

You don't half talk some sh*te at times Gazza.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #36: May 17, 2011 09:03:27 am

I despair because that's a loads of bollocks, what about Atletico Madrid, which was arguably his best game in a red shirt ?

He also started the last 9 games of the season.

I some times wonder if you watch our games or if you just pick up the papers and believe what ever infactual piece of rubbish that particular Journo spews on to the page.

You don't half talk some sh*te at times Gazza.

Are we not talking about premiership? Plus it's you talking sh*te after the Portsmouth match he was on the bench against United Sunderland and Birmingham I think. Then started against Burnley which I concede he played the full 90 minutes. So this great end to the season saw him playing 90 minutes against Portsmouth and Burnley the premiership giants. Yeah he really proved himself.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: May 17, 2011 09:13:43 am
      Are we not talking about premiership?

No I was talking about our remaining games, which include more than the premiership.... or do we exclude them and pretend he had never played in them to suit your argument ?

Tell you what Gazza lets just F**k Andy Carroll on loan for a season and agree a fee for his transfer eh ?

Lets be honest due to injuries he's had a similar start to Aquilani..........  :f_tongueincheek:

Do you think its of any coincidence Gazza that the best football we played last season, was when Aquilani was on the pitch linking up with Yossi, Kuyt, Maxi and Gerrard ?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #38: May 17, 2011 09:38:34 am
      What against Portsmouth an Burnley? Think these games may have misled the guys stats and your view on him. Portsmouth resting players and Burnley played suicide football. We scored four in both.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: May 17, 2011 09:54:49 am
      What against Portsmouth an Burnley? Think these games may have misled the guys stats and your view on him. Portsmouth resting players and Burnley played suicide football. We scored four in both.

Stats don't skewer my view on him at all as I watched him play they just lend credence to my opinion.

Lets just say in terms of the pass and move football we are trying to implement at Liverpool under Kenny, Aquilani is arguably the best player in our current squad of players in terms of that ability.

You only have to watch him play Gazza in even our Rigid system under Rafa, when he received a pass his head was up and he picked out a pass more often than not playing a one touch ball, the moment he played the pass, he moved into space ready to receive or demand the ball again, he's the type of player that creates pockets of space for himself to play in.

Watch the video's tell me I'm wrong.

Aquilani vs Portsmouth

Alberto Aquilani V Atletico Madrid

Aquilani vs Wigan

Aquilani vs Reading 13/01/10

Now if Charlie Adam was the quality of player some would have you believe then his form wouldn't have dipped so dramatically following January as some have implied it's because teams close him down quicker, well seriously if he was quality, then just like Aquilani he'd create little pockets of space for himself to play in no ?

Aquilani plays one touch pass and move football, which funnily enough is the etho's this club was built around and what we appear to be turning back too.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2011 11:05:24 am by RedLFCBlood »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #40: May 17, 2011 10:17:25 am
      Quality red.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: May 17, 2011 10:19:58 am
      Neither for me I see Raul in this position now and think the money could be best invested in a deep lying ball playing CM as we've never replaced Xabi. Unfortunately there isn't too many of them about, I think Parker despite his age would be a decent stop gap signing for a couple of seasons.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with competion and as seen as Alberto is already ours and we shouldn't be short of cash bring the boy back he's deserves more of a shot
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #42: May 17, 2011 10:32:23 am
      I always agree with RLB. I agree with his previous posts and I will agree with his upcoming posts. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: May 17, 2011 11:08:10 am
      Neither for me I see Raul in this position now and think the money could be best invested in a deep lying ball playing CM as we've never replaced Xabi. Unfortunately there isn't too many of them about, I think Parker despite his age would be a decent stop gap signing for a couple of seasons.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with competion and as seen as Alberto is already ours and we shouldn't be short of cash bring the boy back he's deserves more of a shot
      I was about to post this emoticon ->  :mad: until you added that last line.

We NEED competition for places from top level players so as much as I like Raul, having Aquilani as well could only be a positive.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #44: May 17, 2011 08:45:58 pm
      To be honest if I was selling Adam quoting performances against Reading, Wigan and Portsmouth I would quite rightly be laughed at.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: May 18, 2011 09:11:26 am
      To be honest if I was selling Adam quoting performances against Reading, Wigan and Portsmouth I would quite rightly be laughed at.

Oh do give over Gazza, you are one of these I was referring too having a quite different agenda when commenting on Aquilani.

You don't judge him on his ability, you judge him on the man who signed him and the fact that he was injured when signed.

If you can't see or admit that the lad would actually strengthen the current squad then you're obviously as daft as you are stupid looking.

Quick Reply