Trending Topics

Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?

Read 10410 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #46: May 18, 2011 04:38:47 pm
      Neither to be honest.

One isn't good enough and the other one doesn't want to be here.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Who Would You Rather Have = Alberto Aquilani or Charlie Adam? - Or Someone Else?
      Reply #47: May 18, 2011 04:43:16 pm
      Someone else -  Sneijder. :f_tongueincheek:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #48: May 18, 2011 07:05:16 pm

Oh do give over Gazza, you are one of these I was referring too having a quite different agenda when commenting on Aquilani.

You don't judge him on his ability, you judge him on the man who signed him and the fact that he was injured when signed.

If you can't see or admit that the lad would actually strengthen the current squad then
      you're obviously as daft as you are stupid looking.

I judge him by the fact he is not good enough, in fact the man who signed him didn't think he was good enough. You have Rose tinted glasses and are arguing or arguings sake. Spearing and Lucas should not and will not stand aside for a player who I think would not fit.

But guess you will make more things up like he started the last nine games or so, but won't call you daft or stupid for doing it as that's just petty isn't it.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #49: May 18, 2011 07:14:32 pm
      Adam because it sounds like Aquilani wants to move to Juve
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #50: May 18, 2011 07:25:04 pm
      After watching those videos i've changed my mind. Forgotten how well Aquilani played early in his LFC career
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: May 18, 2011 08:42:29 pm
      I judge him by the fact he is not good enough, in fact the man who signed him didn't think he was good enough. You have Rose tinted glasses and are arguing or arguings sake. Spearing and Lucas should not and will not stand aside for a player who I think would not fit.

He's not good enough because you say so ?

However Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish thinks he's good enough.

He's a better player than both Spearing and Lucas so that's a daft argument..........

Then again you deemed Rafa not good enough and Roy as our Savior, so your opinion means very little to me when judging players or managers.

bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: May 18, 2011 09:03:13 pm
      Alonso
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #53: May 19, 2011 05:13:47 am

Now that's a midfielder, won't comment on the lies above your post as not worth it.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #54: May 19, 2011 06:25:11 am
      if he wants to come ..get him in,cause we can't get a better player around 15 mil..
      and their is no point of comparison with Adam and Aqua..
      Aquilani is way better then him in lot of departments..
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #55: May 21, 2011 03:31:47 pm
      aquilaini has more skill in his left shin pad than charlie adam!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #56: May 21, 2011 03:47:09 pm
      I personally think Aquilani would be fantastic in our pass and move style under Kenny, think it'd be a great idea to bring him back.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #57: May 21, 2011 04:50:27 pm
      Defo not Charlie Adam, I would rather have Aquilani, But Alonso would be great if he came back.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #58: May 21, 2011 05:07:02 pm
      In the words of Kenny, 'the most important people at the club are the ones available to play'

If he wants to be here, then Aquilani. How someone could pick a 6 month wonder ( not even a 1 season wonder ) over a player with a much higher calibre like Aquilani I'll never know.

I wonder if he was signed by a different man, would certain posters still pick off little things about Aquilani?
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #59: May 21, 2011 11:23:59 pm
      I genuinely hope if he does comes back he makes a go of it in his short time here he was hugely frustrating to watch for me. You can see the quality in the guy but the number of times he gave away poession was unreal, even in some of the games posted above where he had some decent highlights he was always getting caught out. Worth another shout as the squad was playing badly in general at the time but I still fear he is another quality little player from Serie A who won't adapt to the pace of the EPL. If anyone can get the best out of hime though its Kenny
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #60: May 22, 2011 12:01:46 am
      In my eyes they are both good players capable of turning in match winning performances. Happy with either of them. We should focus more on the wings and get some top quality additions as CM shouldnt be a priority.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2011 01:20:38 pm
      Would love to see Aquilani come back and show us what we are missing,bolster the squad and improve options in midfeild,wouldnt mind adam aswell if being honest as i like him as aswell.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #62: May 23, 2011 01:48:45 pm
      I really can't make my mind up on this one,i have a bad feeling that this season is just a one hit wonder for Adam but i'd still be gutted if united or spurs snapped him up.

As for Aqualani if he doesn't want to play for us F**k him we don't need him i still think he has alot to offer he was good at the back end off last season despite playing in Rafa Benitez rigid system when it is clear he is a very creaative attack minded player if he was to come back i'm sure he'd slot into our pass and move system with ease !

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: May 24, 2011 08:50:28 pm
      I really want to see Aquilani in a red shirt just to see what he can do.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #64: May 24, 2011 09:43:28 pm

''La Repubblica'' reporting that Aquilani is returning to Liverpool ...

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2011/05/24/news/aguero_si_avvicina-16684546/
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #65: May 25, 2011 12:17:46 am
      I'd rather have both.

Blackpool can have Shelvey, and Juventus can have Joe Cole.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #66: May 25, 2011 01:57:59 am
      I'd rather have both.

Blackpool can have Shelvey, and Juventus can have Joe Cole.

I like :)
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #67: May 25, 2011 04:36:59 am
      If it comes down to choosing one, it'll have to be Aquilani over Adam.

1) He's free. Will save us, what, 10mil?
      2) He's no way worse than Adam. Better actually. The few games he played for us last season, he was pretty impressive.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2011 11:39:12 am
      Personally, i,d much prefer Aqualani but in my heart of hearts i think he wants to stay in Italy and the deal will be done with Juve eventually. So we will probably get our 12 million for him and invest 10 million on Charlie Adam. Just my opinion i,m afraid.

Quick Reply