Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who do you want out?

Read 1135 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Who do you want out?
      May 22, 2011 06:37:28 pm
      So thank god this seasons over, new owners, new manager and first summer transfer window. Are these exciting times? My summer expectations, for one, are very high.

Everyday rumours claim us to be in the top running for X and Y and to be honest with the way NESV/FSG have dealt their cards so close to their chest in recent months, I for one don't belive any of the journos.

So enough of all the threads of who we want in (dont get me wrong I love to speculate too), what i want to know is who we want out. I know, I know, before I get slated stating I'm not backing the squad, the fact is, we were'nt good enough for europe this season and things need to change. We need new blood and to be profitable in these times we need to cut the slack.

With youngsters coming through I personally think we need to cut the wages fast and allow them chances when feasable, but for several years now, we havent had a match changer on the bench and are relying too much on youth team to step up.

Who I think should be cut;

Ngog
      Years upon years of "he's young and needs time", sorry but he feels about 30 years old the times i've heard that saying. I don't see the potential anymore, hes had his chance he didnt cut it, there are plenty of other youngsters that need a run out.

Cole
      A free was good business, but to be honest, after the first game of the season where he showed potential and got unlucky getting sent off, he just hasn't shown up. We shouldnt have oldies warming the bench unless their going to impact the game when coming on. I don't see Cole being one of these.

Jovanovic
      Hasnt seen much light under Kenny. I trust the King. From what I saw early season, works hard, no pace, ok shot, but wont get many chances as cant create them. You need pace to cut it as a winger in the PL and he isn't goign to make the cut in a top 4 team. Same goes with the out and out strikers list on our books, just aint gonna happen.

Kyriagos
      Absolute class act in the air hands down, shame he needs 5 minutes to get his footing right. Great on set pieces too but just too slow in my opinion. No hard feelings, done very well since his (4m?) move, but showing his age and could give the appearances to the youth team.

Konchesky
      Ya Mum, enough said.

Maxi
      This will be a controversial one. Apart from his 6/7 goals in 3 games, didnt do enough for me throughout the season. Again lacking pace, doesnt create enough and i dont think would ever make the cut as a winger in one of the other top 5 sides, (benayoun aside). Shame as he gets on with Suarez well but i think we should be looking at some young south american signings to seal home the spanish bond.

I didnt mention cash as I dont think theres much point. I've been impressed since FSG came in, and truly belive they will spash the cash if someone ideal comes into the fray.

What are your views?

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Who do you want out?
      Reply #1: May 22, 2011 06:39:02 pm
      Degen
      El Zhar
      Jovanovic
      Aurelio
      Cole
      Poulsen
      Ngog
      Insua
      Konchesky
      Kyriagkos

Hopefully we can notch up around £10 million for that lot.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: May 22, 2011 06:42:41 pm
      N'gog, Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovic, Jones, El Zhar and Degen.

^ all don't seem to play any part apart from N'gog but I just don't see him improving. Scary to think Carroll is his age.

Cole, Insua, Aurelio and Kyrgiakos only if we can get bettter replacements.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: May 22, 2011 07:01:21 pm
      Not so sure if we'll be able to sell all of them in the summer.

Some might go out on loan, but we can't keep them here.

My top 3 in the list cost at least 220-230k per week (combined), which I think's total madness.

Poulsen
      Jovanovic
      Cole
      Kyrgiakos
      El Zhar
      Degen
      Ngog
      Konchesky
      Aurelio
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: May 22, 2011 07:20:21 pm
      Degen
      El Zhar
      Jovanovic
      Aurelio
      Cole
      Poulsen
      Ngog
      Insua
      Konchesky
      Kyriagkos

Hopefully we can notch up around £10 million for that lot.

Looking at that list of players, boy have we bought some duffers. Shocking the lot of them. We'd be lucky to get a ham roll and a cup of coffee for the lot of them
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #5: May 22, 2011 07:30:22 pm
      Forgot Insua was ours (whoops) and I cant belive I forgot Poulson, hes already long gone in my head too!

I like Fabio even though he is injury prone, i'd keep him if not a big hit on the wage salary, lot of experience and still hits a dead ball spot on. For cover at LB, Robinson is very young and has showed inexperince, Flanno on the right/left looks a prospect though, depends on the signings.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2011 07:42:27 pm
      Maxi has 10 goals in 28 league games this year, that's up there among the highest in our squad, he is going nowhere.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #7: May 22, 2011 07:44:32 pm
      Think apart from Maxi the majority of posters will pull together the same list. Kenny Steve and Comolli are not thick they will do the right thing.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #8: May 22, 2011 07:44:39 pm
      There's already threads like this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #9: May 22, 2011 10:55:45 pm
      There's already threads like this.

Just about to say this.

It gets a bit boring reading the same threads with different titles.

We all like to take about what is going to happen in the summer but there are enough threads already going which cover this without people having to start a new one every day.

Quick Reply