Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

A Letter From Luis Garcia

Read 5244 times
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Re: A Letter From Luis Garcia
      Reply #23: Aug 22, 2007 11:08:51 am
      Little Spaniard. . Best remembered for his part in the road to Istanbul, especially that beauty against Juve at Anfield. Letter reminded me why I support this great club.

Viva King Luis
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Aug 22, 2007 11:11:28 am
      Little Spaniard. . Best remembered for his part in the road to Istanbul, especially that beauty against Juve at Anfield. Letter reminded me why I support this great club.

Viva King Luis

I went crazy when that went in!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=GRNESStLP7g

Also went crazy when he scored this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=1MfXIgm6uaQ
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 11:14:47 am by Ra Ra Rafa »
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 22, 2007 11:26:19 am
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Aug 22, 2007 12:12:06 pm
      I meant to comment earlier on this topic. 

I read this on the clubs website yesterday.  And I must say, I had a lump in my throat.

What a bloke Luis really is.  I will miss the fella.  Seeing him go came to a huge suprise to me. As I kept ruling him out from being in the Torres deal.

I am gutted that he has gone, but I wish him all the best for his future at Atletico,  I wish him well with his family especially.

Luis, fond farewell.  You have left memories in the bottom of my heart, that I will never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOIyrkt60Zw

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 12:50:15 pm by Court LFC »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Aug 22, 2007 01:05:58 pm
      Real gentleman he is!

Wish him the best of luck in everything he does! And hope he helkps Atletico onto better things! Certainly the player to do it!  ;D
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #28: Aug 22, 2007 01:35:33 pm
      What a touching letter, Luis is a legend in my eyes and im sure plenty of you will agree.
      i will follow his progess at Atletico Madrid and hope he gets on there.
      Thanks for the goals that brought us home number 5 Luis.
      Walk on with hope in your heart cuz you'll never walk alone!!
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #29: Aug 22, 2007 04:04:21 pm
      Even though he could be the most frustrating player for anyone watching the game, he always popped up with important goals in the big games.

The fact that he even went to the trouble of writing the letter, never mind what he put in it, just shows how much of a legend he is.

Good look at Atletico little man!!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #30: Aug 22, 2007 04:48:20 pm
      Do you think Garcia - a Football!!! player - could write such a letter? I doubt it, moreover I think that someone wrote it for him like someone writes the speeches of a politician and like that it sounds a bit too "nice and clean" and way too long like a man and Football player would answer.

If it's indeed from him - chapeau, great; if not than it shows at least that his management has brain and that his relationship with 'Pool was alright. But I would have loved it more, when Luis would have written himself...it would mean the peak of appreciation and bring true feelings to shine....

My two cents....
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2007 04:49:45 pm
      im still upset that hes gone, and not gracing our squad with the number 10 shirt.
      i shead a tear or two, and got goosebumbs reading his letter. What a professional, and a class act. You will never be forgotten little man, go kill it in spain!!!

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Aug 22, 2007 05:28:11 pm
      Do you think Garcia - a Football!!! player - could write such a letter? I doubt it

Why couldn't a football player write such a letter?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Aug 22, 2007 05:32:09 pm
      There's nothing to suggest that Garcia didn't write that letter. I doubt his management team would've written the letter as they have nothing to gain from Luis keeping a good relationship with Liverpool. It sounds genuine enough to me.
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 22, 2007 06:26:15 pm
      Do you think Garcia - a Football!!! player - could write such a letter? I doubt it

I can't believe you said that, really I can't. If you were in a position of importance in society, you'd have to spend the rest of the season apologising for that comment.

So let's say Luis wrote the letter with his wife and kids and brothers and sisters and his agent and 20 other people, so what, it still came from him and was endorsed by him, that's all that matters mate!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Aug 22, 2007 06:26:58 pm
      There's nothing to suggest that Garcia didn't write that letter. I doubt his management team would've written the letter as they have nothing to gain from Luis keeping a good relationship with Liverpool. It sounds genuine enough to me.

Well, yeah, that's a good point I have to admit.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #36: Aug 22, 2007 06:27:53 pm
      Well, yeah, that's a good point I have to admit.

Do I make any other kind of point?

;D :D ;D
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #37: Aug 22, 2007 06:47:07 pm
      I can't believe you said that, really I can't. If you were in a position of importance in society, you'd have to spend the rest of the season apologising for that comment.

So let's say Luis wrote the letter with his wife and kids and brothers and sisters and his agent and 20 other people, so what, it still came from him and was endorsed by him, that's all that matters mate!

I didn't critizise Luis, I just wanted to bring back to memory that we live in a world where they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Just recently one could see it in the german Bundesliga how it goes when R. van der Vaart was trying to push to leave the HSV to Valencia, where about 3 months earlier he used words like "fantastic", "like home", won't leave the club in any way" for the same club he now want's to leave desperately.

Pro-Football is usually purley!! business: it's all and only about money. Luis is telling how much he loved and did appreciate Liverpool...well imagine you telling this to your wife or girlfriend adding: "But now I need a new project...". This guy left. Period! That alone shows that he isn't a guy who really wanted to stay, who really liked Liverpool (he probably likes his home team more which is alright). I think he just feared the competition and that his value lacks for the future if he's just a back-up. Nothing wrong with this attitude. On the other side, EddieC made a good point, so I guess, yeah, Luis is alright and a good guy...but tears in my eyes? If Gerrard keeps playing for Pool and his last days are coming THEN, JUST THEN I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES.

That's just my opinion and for sure I wanna state that my home is far from Liverpool, so that I may don't get the facts and the atmosphere the right way.

I liked Luis as a player and a person and it's nice he thought about 'Pool...well done, Luis, Cu later....
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 23, 2007 08:17:53 am
      Top man, great letter, and I think it's really good that he took the time out to send the letter.

I hope things work out for the best for him and his family back in Spain

YNWA
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #39: Aug 23, 2007 10:27:09 am
       :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thanks Luis - what a guy and player
      mobile.p
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |