Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

David Ngog (Sunderland/Bolton)

Read 59089 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: David Ngog (Sunderland)
      Reply #644: Aug 29, 2011 02:23:54 pm

Liverpool Striker Nearing Anfield Exit

29 August 2011

The proposed transfer of Liverpool striker David N’Gog to Bolton in a £4m deal is still on the table after weeks of negotiations, and it seems Bolton boss Owen Coyle is getting impatient to tie things up.

The Wanderers chief feels that his squad is short of flexibility, and is keen to land up to three new players before the transfer window shuts. In the early stages of the talks, he admitted his needed more players for the advance positions.

"We do have a goal threat, and we will look to add to that, and for me that augurs well," he said, "We are still trying to get people in but I don't have anyone cut and dried at this moment. We will try to get the one or two in who we think will help us because we want to make sure we have a squad that is able to cope with the demands of the season."

Rafael Benitez brought Ngog to England for an undisclosed fee, and the French U21 international has since made 94 competition appearances for Liverpool. However, he’s now behind Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll in the Liverpool pecking order, and a move to the Reebok Stadium will give him a taste of regular first team football.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-striker-nearing-anfield-exit-10352/
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #645: Aug 29, 2011 10:12:07 pm
      Great deal for £4m IMO. I hope we get a another back-up ST if he leaves aswell. :)
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #646: Aug 30, 2011 12:00:07 am
      ara Jesus, is this still goin on?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #647: Aug 30, 2011 09:34:49 am

Liverpool FC striker David Ngog set to finalise £4m move to Bolton before transfer deadline

by Neil Jones, Liverpool Echo
      Aug 30 2011

DAVID NGOG should complete his protracted £4m move to Bolton Wanderers from Liverpool FC today.

The 22-year-old Frenchman has been a long-time target of Trotters boss Owen Coyle, who is desperate to add a striker to his ranks before tomorrow’s transfer deadline.

A fee for the former Paris St Germain forward has been agreed in principle between the two clubs, and Bolton are prepared to match Ngog’s Anfield salary, having already missed out on number one target Daniel Sturridge this summer.

Ngog is now expected to travel to the Reebok Stadium to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical, and a deal should be announced before the closure of the transfer window tomorrow evening.

Ngog has made 94 appearances since arriving at Anfield in 2008, scoring 19 goals, but has found himself surplus to requirements at Anfield this season, following Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish’s close-season recruitment drive.

He was left out of the squad for last week’s Carling Cup tie at Exeter City, and was again absent as the Reds swept aside his prospective new employers on Saturday evening to briefly top the Premier League table.

His imminent departure will, however, leave Dalglish’s squad short of attacking depth. He has Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez and Dirk Kuyt as his forward options, but would ideally like to add another before tomorrow’s deadline.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/30/liverpool-fc-striker-david-ngog-set-to-finalise-4m-move-to-bolton-before-transfer-deadline-100252-29325910/
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #648: Aug 30, 2011 09:41:32 am
      I actually believe N'Gog could do well for Bolton...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #649: Aug 30, 2011 09:43:16 am
      Sky Sports
      Skysports.com understands Blackburn are battling with Bolton to sign David Ngog after he rejected a move to Leicester. bit.ly/qhtg6T
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #650: Aug 30, 2011 09:45:58 am
      Blackburn or Bolton - both good moves for him!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #651: Aug 30, 2011 09:46:30 am

Bolton face Ngog battle
      Blackburn also in for striker after he rejects move to Leicester

Last Updated: August 30, 2011 9:27am

Skysports.com understands Blackburn Rovers are battling with local rivals Bolton Wanderers to sign David Ngog after he rejected a move to Leicester City.

Bolton have spent the past few weeks trying to agree a deal for Ngog, who has not featured in any of Liverpool's games so far this season.

Trotters boss Owen Coyle is keen to improve his attacking options and claimed last week that 'time will tell' whether he can land Ngog before the transfer window closes.

However, there has been late interest in the Frenchman, with ambitious Championship club Leicester making a move for the 22-year-old.

The former Paris St Germain youngster has turned down the chance to join Sven Goran Eriksson's side as he wants to remain in the Premier League.

Blackburn are now understood to have registered a late interest in signing Ngog as Steve Kean seeks to bring in another striker before Wednesday's deadline.

A move for Hoffenheim's Vedad Ibisevic has fallen through and Rovers are now battling it out with Bolton to secure a reported £4million deal for Ngog.

The forward has scored 19 goals in 94 appearances during his time at Anfield, but has been unable to secure a regular starting place.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7138278,00.html
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #652: Aug 30, 2011 09:53:55 am
      C'mon Rovers, we know you have money now ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #653: Aug 30, 2011 10:13:05 am
       4 mill is good business. My feeling is that he will never be anywhere near good enough for the Premiership, regardless of who he is playing for.
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,526 posts | 3464 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #655: Aug 30, 2011 12:48:56 pm
      Go to Bolton and form a 'dream' partnership with Kevin Davies !
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #656: Aug 30, 2011 12:50:16 pm
      Good deal we made a positive on this lad. We bought him for £1m I think...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #657: Aug 31, 2011 10:11:20 am
      "He's a very good player and I've been a big admirer for a long time. We'll have to wait and see if it happens today"

Coyle on Ngog. So Bolton remain interested.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #658: Aug 31, 2011 10:28:59 am

Paul Plunkett (BBC Sport): "Owen Coyle hopeful of completing a deal for Liverpool's David Ngog today" ...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #659: Aug 31, 2011 10:30:20 am
      "He's a very good player and I've been a big admirer for a long time.

He said that just before his labrador made him walk into a lamp post.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #660: Aug 31, 2011 10:34:32 am
      Just been looking on the web for how much Ngog signed for and I came across this article:

Rafa Benitez has signed French striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain.

The 19-year-old joins Liverpool on a four-year deal after being repeatedly linked to the Merseyside club.

He joins Liverpool's first-team squad alongside fellow summer arrivals Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Ngog is the cousin of former Rangers and Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, and is hoping for more success in the Premier League than he had last season in the French Ligue 1 where he scored just once in 18 appearances.

The bit in bold made me realise how far we have actually come.

From signing that sh*te to spending 100 million plus on pure quality. I think a lot of us forget how much we have improved ...

And how grateful I am that we have brilliant owners now.

P.S: Still haven't found out how much Ngog was :P
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #661: Aug 31, 2011 10:36:21 am

£1.5 million ...
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #662: Aug 31, 2011 10:39:04 am
      In that case, 4 million is good business. I think he is on 30k a week aswell, rather ridiculous for an average squad player.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #663: Aug 31, 2011 10:45:01 am
      I think he is on 30k a week aswell, rather ridiculous for an average squad player.

Is David Maddock your source on that one ?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #664: Aug 31, 2011 11:17:56 am
      Nearly there according to sky sports.He will get a few games with Bolton.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #665: Aug 31, 2011 11:22:49 am
      Just been looking on the web for how much Ngog signed for and I came across this article:

Rafa Benitez has signed French striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain.

The 19-year-old joins Liverpool on a four-year deal after being repeatedly linked to the Merseyside club.

He joins Liverpool's first-team squad alongside fellow summer arrivals Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Ngog is the cousin of former Rangers and Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, and is hoping for more success in the Premier League than he had last season in the French Ligue 1 where he scored just once in 18 appearances.

The bit in bold made me realise how far we have actually come.

From signing that sh*te to spending 100 million plus on pure quality. I think a lot of us forget how much we have improved ...

And how grateful I am that we have brilliant owners now.

Jesus Christ, how times have moved on.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #666: Aug 31, 2011 11:27:06 am

Sky Sports: "Bolton have had an offer for striker David N'gog accepted by Liverpool" ...

Quick Reply