Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

How much we'll get??

Read 2598 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      How much we'll get??
      May 27, 2011 12:44:10 pm
       From what I've heard here and elsewhere, I think it's secure we'll see a big clear-out in our squad this summer. As we also need 'some' money to strengthen the squad and we don't know how much we'll get from the owners, it'd be interesting to see what you expect to get from player sales only (also considering Ngog's reported asking price of 8M)??

In my opinion,
         Poulsen-3M, Konchesky-2M, Degen-1M, Aquilani-12M, Jovanovic-4M, Cole-5M, Ngog-5M, Kyrgiakos-1M, Jones-1M, Aurelio-free, Ayala-1M, Darby-1M, El Zhar-free, Insua-free (his contract expires in June I think).

It means a total of 36M coming here, that (as Kenny would describe it) will do us no harm at all ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: How much we'll get??
      Reply #1: May 27, 2011 12:46:09 pm
      I think we would get more for Ayala, Kyrgiakos is supposed have got a 1 year extension. Your other values are pretty accurate I'd say so I' say your not far off
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: May 27, 2011 01:19:47 pm
      From what I've heard here and elsewhere, I think it's secure we'll see a big clear-out in our squad this summer. As we also need 'some' money to strengthen the squad and we don't know how much we'll get from the owners, it'd be interesting to see what you expect to get from player sales only (also considering Ngog's reported asking price of 8M)??

In my opinion,
         Poulsen-3M, Konchesky-2M, Degen-1M, Aquilani-12M, Jovanovic-4M, Cole-5M, Ngog-5M, Kyrgiakos-1M, Jones-1M, Aurelio-free, Ayala-1M, Darby-1M, El Zhar-free, Insua-free (his contract expires in June I think).

It means a total of 36M coming here, that (as Kenny would describe it) will do us no harm at all ;)

Good to see somebody with realistic figures and not like Cole 8m, Jovanovic 7m, Poulsen 8m etc. If a majority of them transfers are pulled off then we will have a substantial transfer kitty to help bolster the squad in many areas. That in effect (without meaning to go far off topic) could contribute massively to Aguero bid or even buy us Mata and Downing/Enrique.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: May 27, 2011 01:59:53 pm
      I actually hope we don't sell too many, that was Rafa's problem he had to sell, we need a deep squad. I reckon Cole, kyriakos, Aurellio, etc. can still do a job in teh squad.

Guy's that have no chance like ngog & puulsen, get rid, and young guys who are not gonna make it, no paint wasting thier time, move them on for thier own development as much as anything.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: May 27, 2011 02:07:54 pm
      Why would we let El Zhar and Auerlio go for free.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #5: May 27, 2011 02:09:52 pm
      cole cant do a job, he is played realy bad and seems he got no spirit left, there is no passion in his play, and we cant rely on him, just look how bad he did on the game he started against villa, plus the 90k a week is a big dent on our wages
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: May 27, 2011 02:16:15 pm
       In my opinion:

Poulsen-1 million (because we aren't going to play him and his wages will be expensive, at least 2.5 mill per season I guess).

Konchesky-1 million (same reason).3

Deggen-free (he's garbage and on about 2 mill per year. We may even have to supplement his salary he's that bad).

Aquilani-8 million (just keep dropping the price until someone takes him off our hands).

Jovanovic-free (see Deggen)

Cole-2mill (Cole does still posess ability and someone like West Ham might be tempted for a small fee).

N'Gog-3 mill (expensive at that, awful player).

Kyriakos-1 mill. (good pro, available to a good home).

Jones-1 mill. (why?)

Aurelio-free

Ayala-3.5 mill. A kid with a future IMHO.

Darby-1.5 mill (see above).

El Zahr-1 mill.

Insua-free.

So I make it about 23 mill in sales, and about 25 mill per season in saved wages. Lets just get it done. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: May 27, 2011 02:30:28 pm
      I keep saying ... N'gog, Poulsen, Konchesky, Jones, El Zhar, Degen and Jovanovic SHOULD be the first players to go. They either don't play a part under Kenny or are just not good enough.

Also worth to mention the likes of Darby and Ayala should be allowed to leave because they seem to be behind many others for a place. Darby has Kelly, Flanagan and Johnson in front of him whereas Ayala has Agger, Kyrgiakos, Carragher and Skrtel ahead of him.

Not sure how much this will bring in, though.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #8: May 27, 2011 02:36:35 pm
      The problem actually is selling the players. The majority of them are on quite high wages and won't want to leave and are quite happy sitting on the bench. We'll have to take a considerably high cut on most of the players values due to this. Can't see us making an awful lot from selling players.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: May 27, 2011 03:10:13 pm
      If someone pays money for El Zhar I'll be laughing so hard, he's easily the worst player in the squad.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #10: May 27, 2011 03:14:50 pm
      If someone pays money for El Zhar I'll be laughing so hard, he's easily the worst player in the squad.
      So you don't someone would pay 100k for him?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: May 27, 2011 03:17:53 pm
      I hope they do, but I think he's so unbelievably bad I'd get rid of him for nothing if no one comes for him
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #12: May 27, 2011 03:34:35 pm
      I hope they do, but I think he's so unbelievably bad I'd get rid of him for nothing if no one comes for him

Sadly, I think we'll have to take this approach with a few players.  I think teams will know how desperate we are to get some players off our wage bill (Konch, Cole, Poulsen, Jova, El Zhar, Degen, etc.) and we'll be forced to sell them for highly reduced fees, or even let them go for free in some cases.  I doubt we will get much money for many of our players this summer if we do not sell Agger and/or Aqua.  They are the only two who will fetch more than 5 million, and both of them (if sold) would probably bring in over 10 million a pop.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #13: May 27, 2011 05:23:16 pm
      Why would we let El Zhar and Auerlio go for free.
      El Zhar's contract expires in the summer I think, anyway his loan agreement was with buy-option for free.
       Aurelio is a really good footballer, but he's had too many injuries as I guess nobody would want to buy him. Didn't hear about any offer for him last summer when he was free agent.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: May 27, 2011 06:57:23 pm
      Even worse than Konchesky? And Degen? And Poulsen? And Ngog? And.... my god we have alot of sh*t players.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: May 27, 2011 07:01:44 pm
      Aquilani-8 million (just keep dropping the price until someone takes him off our hands).

For that I think I would keep him. We are being quoted £12M for players like Cattermole.

Sends out bad signals selling players on the cheap.

Quick Reply