Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)

Read 14599 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)
      Reply #69: Jul 17, 2011 11:30:16 am
      WHYYYYYYYYY!

Surely not, really ....

Unless Kenny wants to use a 1-9-0 formation.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #70: Jul 17, 2011 12:47:59 pm
      Not going to happen, surely
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #71: Jul 17, 2011 02:02:57 pm

I f*cking hope not. Dont need him here. Dont want him here. He is a red card waiting to happen.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #72: Jul 17, 2011 03:03:32 pm
      We planning on making a Liverpool Centre Midfield XI?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #73: Jul 17, 2011 04:26:31 pm

Liverpool set for £10m Cattermole move after Sunderland make O'Shea captain

17th July 2011

Liverpool could be preparing a £10million swoop for Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole who has been shocked to discover John O'Shea has been handed the captain's armband.

The Black Cats manager Steve Bruce has made the decision to hand O'Shea the armband just days after completing his switch from Manchester United, openign the door for Kenny Dalglish to make another raid on the Stadium of Light.

Bruce could point to Cattermole's woeful disciplinary record last term which pick up ten yellow cards and two red cards whereas O'Shea wasn't cautioned or shown a red card at all last year.

Sunderland have also bolstered the midfield this summer with Craig Gardner, David Vaughan, Sebastian Larsson and David Meyler all coming into challenge Cattermole's position at the heart of the team.

He could be reunited Jordan Henderson, who left Wearside to join the Reds last month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015670/Liverpool-set-10m-Lee-Cattermole-move.html
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #74: Jul 17, 2011 05:25:23 pm
      Please say this is a joke. This fella's a rat who I never want to see wearing a Liverpool shirt.

And even if he wasn't a rat, he's not as good as Jay Spearing... and even if he was, he won't give as much to play for us like Jay will and does.

rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #75: Jul 17, 2011 05:27:15 pm
      No thank you.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #76: Jul 17, 2011 05:31:46 pm
      We planning on making a Liverpool Centre Midfield XI?

Gerrard, Aquilani, Meireles, Lucas, Shelvey, Spearing, Hendersen, Adam, and if we get him, Cattermole. That makes it 9 players. F**k we're almost there. :lmao:

No, thanks.
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #77: Jul 17, 2011 05:37:31 pm
      I think he is a very good player, at Wigan he was f***in class.

But really, there's no point in signing him. Would end up being a complete waste of money.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #78: Jul 17, 2011 05:53:46 pm
      Gerrard, Aquilani, Meireles, Lucas, Shelvey, Spearing, Hendersen, Adam, and if we get him, Cattermole. That makes it 9 players. F**k we're almost there. :lmao:

No, thanks.

How could you miss out the world superstar Christian Poulsen?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #79: Jul 17, 2011 07:00:57 pm
      I'd seriously question the sanity of KK & Comolli if they even entertained signing this limited thug of a player, unless they like collecting red cards. would be a liability. Love him or hate him Lucas is 10x the player he'll ever be.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #80: Jul 17, 2011 07:03:12 pm
      i could only see this happening if kenny decided that the fans are moaning about nothing regarding the summer signings so wants to give them something to complain about properly... y'no cos thats all people seem to be doing at the moment
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #81: Jul 17, 2011 07:57:45 pm
      Can't say I believe the reports , but if true I would imagine its because Kenny sees him as a McMahon or Batty type of player. Someone who ensures your team doesn't get bullied in midfield, but can still play football.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #82: Jul 17, 2011 07:58:16 pm
      I'd seriously question the sanity of KK & Comolli if they even entertained signing this limited thug of a player, unless they like collecting red cards. would be a liability. Love him or hate him Lucas is 10x the player he'll ever be.

Spot on. Not to mention we're already congested in midfield. Not a chance of this deal happening.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #83: Jul 17, 2011 08:41:24 pm
      What is up with these constant rumours linking us with this Muppet... as if we don't have enough midfielders on our books as things stand.

If the are purely considering tackling stats, I'm sure that I saw somewhere that Lucas... topped the PL tackling charts last season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #84: Jul 17, 2011 08:46:28 pm
      What is up with these constant rumours linking us with this Muppet... as if we don't have enough midfielders on our books as things stand.

If the are purely considering tackling stats, I'm sure that I saw somewhere that Lucas... topped the PL tackling charts last season.

There is tackling and then there is TACKLING mate. There is the type when you say "good tackle lad", then there are tackles when you say "what the F**k hit me," or "could the nearest player please pass me back my leg" I think Cattermole is more the latter.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #85: Jul 17, 2011 08:51:07 pm
      either way for me Cattermole is poor... Although I know what you mean.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #86: Jul 17, 2011 11:05:34 pm
      Perhaps if we big him up as the next scholes old whisky nose will gazump us, now that would be a result.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #87: Jul 17, 2011 11:07:59 pm
      Another signing I can't see happening, we have a wealth of Midfielders at the minute.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #88: Jul 17, 2011 11:16:35 pm
      Another signing I can't see happening, we have a wealth of Midfielders at the minute.

Not really got a lot of midfielders who like a tackle though mate. Adam, Aquilani, Meireles even possibly Gerrard nowerdays don't get a lot of tackles in. Lucas and Spearing do, maybe Kenny would prefer another who tackles a lot rather than one of our more creative players, also cover for Lucas ? Sell Aquilani or Meireles bring in Cattermole.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #89: Jul 17, 2011 11:23:07 pm
      Not really got a lot of midfielders who like a tackle though mate.

Can't see it happening mate, players will be expected to press high up the pitch and get their foot in and help the midfield out somewhat, the only thing I expect to see with Midfield at the minute is maybe one or two go out, whether that be sold or on loan I don't know.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #90: Jul 17, 2011 11:33:04 pm
      Can't see it happening mate, players will be expected to press high up the pitch and get their foot in and help the midfield out somewhat, the only thing I expect to see with Midfield at the minute is maybe one or two go out, whether that be sold or on loan I don't know.

I wanted us to get another "battler", I was aiming a bit higher, but Cattermole would do a good job. Like I have said before, Kenny has always had battlers in his midfield, I don't really expect things to be different now. You need to earn the right to play your football, players like Cattamole ensure you earn the right very quickly.

I can't see there being any movement unless we can sell a player, but if we do, someone of Cattermole's ilk or hopefully better coming in wouldn't surprise me at all.   
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #91: Jul 17, 2011 11:37:07 pm
      It would really surprise me if we brought another central midfielder in when other areas, need more attention to be honest.

Quick Reply