Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)

Read 14517 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)
      Reply #92: Jul 17, 2011 11:40:16 pm
      Would be so disappointed if this transfer went through, i would rather see a new LB or CB.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #93: Jul 18, 2011 12:34:56 am
      I agree but getting a new CB and LB doesn't preclude exchanging one of our more creative midfielders for a more physical, robust tackler like Cattermole. I think we have the balance wrong in midfield at the moment, Cattermole or similar would help to correct that. We have only Lucas (possibly Gerrard but what a waste) who can really play the defensive midfielder and who clocks up the tackles.  While we have Meireles, Aquilani, Gerrard, Cole and Henderson who can all play the more attacking creative role. Adam I would list separately as while he can tackle and can create he doesn't really fall into either category for me.     
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #94: Jul 18, 2011 12:52:28 am
      I can see a few central midfielder leaving if I'm honest

I see Henderson as a replacement for Meireles
      I see Adam as a replacement for Aquilani (even if he wasn't here last season)

that leaves the midfield options like so:

Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Spearing, Shelvey
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #95: Jul 18, 2011 12:55:10 am
      I agree but getting a new CB and LB doesn't preclude exchanging one of our more creative midfielders for a more physical, robust tackler like Cattermole. I think we have the balance wrong in midfield at the moment, Cattermole or similar would help to correct that. We have only Lucas (possibly Gerrard but what a waste) who can really play the defensive midfielder and who clocks up the tackles.  While we have Meireles, Aquilani, Gerrard, Cole and Henderson who can all play the more attacking creative role. Adam I would list separately as while he can tackle and can create he doesn't really fall into either category for me.    

I agree with this entirely, but i do not think we need another player in regards to DM because as other posters have said, i see Kenny wanting both mid fielders to balance out their attacking qualities and defensive qualities when playing in the middle of the park.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #96: Jul 18, 2011 11:29:46 am
      In an article about Joe Cole there's this about Cattermole:

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, meanwhile, admits that he is baffled by reports linking Lee Cattermole with a move to Liverpool.

The 23-year-old was first touted for a move to Merseyside when he was at Wigan in 2009 as a potential successor to Xabi Alonso, who joined Real Madrid later that year, and again last summer as a replacement for Barcelona-bound Javier Mascherano.

Bruce, who rubbished suggestions of the latter 12 months ago, insists that a deal for Cattermole was never discussed during negotiations with Liverpool over Henderson.

"I don't know where that has come from. It's news to me," he told The Journal.

"I have not even thought about this situation, to be honest. I have had bigger things on my plate to worry about.

"We have been dealing with Liverpool for the past five weeks over the Jordan Henderson deal and there was never a mention that they wanted Lee.

"I don't know where it's coming from at all."

Link

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #97: Jul 18, 2011 12:07:38 pm
      I can see a few central midfielder leaving if I'm honest

I see Henderson as a replacement for Meireles
      I see Adam as a replacement for Aquilani (even if he wasn't here last season)

that leaves the midfield options like so:

Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Spearing, Shelvey

Can't see Aquilani being sold, he has been one of our stand out performers in pre-season so far. Gerrard isn't getting any younger so if we sell Aquilani and Gerrard starts to play less and less games over the coming season, we have 0 players to replace him and there is no point saying Shelvey because i'm on about top class talent who can do the business every week.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #98: Jul 18, 2011 12:09:19 pm
      Dear god no. Cattermole is total sh*te.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #99: Jul 18, 2011 12:26:59 pm
      Thank God it's been rubbished. Don't want him here at all.

Quick Reply