Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Justice for James mcVeys

Read 1444 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Justice for James mcVeys
      Jun 01, 2011 07:32:13 pm
      Just seen this on Fb and they are looking for people to sign the petition,Very sad.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/05/28/jay-mcvey-s-dad-tells-of-horror-injuries-his-son-suffered-in-attack-that-killed-him-100252-28779692/2/

Mr McVey told how Jay was missed terribly by his mum Tracey, 39, and 12-year-old brother Connor.

And he said friends of the popular teenager regularly call round to the family home in Fazakerley to remember the happy times.

Jameson, of Lynwood Gardens, Orrell Park, pleaded guilty to Jay’s manslaughter in March this year and was jailed for three years. The judge said he must serve at least half that sentence.

But Mr McVey branded the short sentence an insult to his son’s memory, adding: “He’ll be out in a little over a year now, it’s no sentence at all. What they did was feral. And I want them to take proper responsibility for the attack where they knew what they were doing.

“Jumping on someone’s head is going to do them serious damage, they knew that.”

Jameson was initially charged with murder but the Crown Prosecution Service accepted his manslaughter plea.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: “Merseyside Police thoroughly investigated this case. The evidence was put to the Crown Prosecution Service who made the initial decision to bring a charge of murder.

“The prosecution later accepted a guilty verdict in relation to manslaughter.”

The family hoped the Attorney General would review Jameson’s sentence, but their request was turned down.

But Mr McVey said: “This won’t end for me. James deserves justice.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/05/28/jay-mcvey-s-dad-tells-of-horror-injuries-his-son-suffered-in-attack-that-killed-him-100252-28779692/2/#ixzz1O3CgRGs1

Here is the Petition if anybody is interested in signing.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/jamesmcvey
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Re: Justice for James mcVeys
      Reply #1: Jun 01, 2011 09:40:06 pm
      Shocking, these kinds of miserable fucks don't deserve to live, a year and a half sentence is a piss-take.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2011 04:35:39 am
      I don't know of any country where the justice system isen't a joke!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,989 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2011 05:54:01 am
      The sentence is a f***in disgrace, at the very least the judicial system should protect and respect its citizens in which it was set up to do, once again its failure to do so is highlighted by the fact that its the 'little ' people which suffers, had it been some high rollers son or a politicians the sentence would have been much much harsher, shame on those who carry this irresponsible act, and god bless the Mcveys family, i hope they take some comfort in the knowledge that the public at large are sympathetic in their hour of need. 

RIP  James
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,775 posts | 7187 
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2011 09:35:00 am
      what gives the CPS the right to change a charge from Murder to Manslaughter just because they can get a conviction and tick another box.
      Old testmament ,an eye for an eye a life for a life seems fair to me.

Quick Reply