Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fantasy Team Thread

Read 2460 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Fantasy Team Thread
      Dec 27, 2012 07:45:26 pm
      Simple concept:  You have a budget of 50M.  Pick the "Ins" and "Outs" you would like to see if you were in charge. 

For me, the first ones on the chopping block would be Cole, Downing, and Doni.  None of them are really worth much, so I'll assume we would need to cancel their contracts to allow them to move on (hopefully we wouldn't have to pay them to leave!!!).  The next ones I would look to offload would be Jones, Wilson, Flano, and Hendo because I just don't think they are good enough.  We could probably get 500K for Jones, 500K for Wilson, 1M for Flano, and probably 8M for Hendo.

Out:  Cole (free), Downing (free), Doni (free), Jones (500K), Wilson (500K), Flano (1M), Hendo (8M) and Carrol (17M in the summer) = 27M

I think the areas we are thin/weak are:  backup GK, backup LB, backup CB, first team CDM to challenge/partner Lucas, first team RW or LW, and 2 first team CF. 

It looks like Ince and Sturridge are already on their way in for 12M and 6M respectively, so I will assume that they will cover the RW/LW and one of the CF spots. 

I would look to sign Mo Diame who is rumored to have a 4M release clause in his contract.  He was supposed to join us over the summer, but that fell apart when Dalglish lost his job. 

I would go after Jetro Willems, a young Dutch international, for the LB spot.  He is young, strong, athletic, and is in the last 6 months of his contract so would likely not cost more than 6M or so. 

I would pursue Victor Ruiz for the CB spot.  Spanish teams are struggling financially, and Valencia would likely cash in on him if they got a good offer. 

I would then look to tie up a deal for Adrian Lopez as our last CF signing.  He is also entering the last 6 months of his contract, so would likely not cost anything more than 8-10M. 

I would look to fill the backup GK role with Butland.  I have admittedly not seen the lad play much, but he is very highly rated and would seemingly be a good option to have in reserve.  The reports seem to suggest that he would be available for roughly 8-10M. 

I would like to see Sahin's loan made permanent, and I can't see him costing more than 6M when Madrid only paid 8M for him 2 season's ago and he has not really set the world on fire since then, but I personally prefer him in a deep lying role over Hendo.

In:  Sturridge (12M), Ince (6M), Jetro Willems (6M), Victor Ruiz (10M), Diame (4M), Adrian Lopez (10M), Butland (10M), Sahin (6M) = 54M

Every player on the list is 25 years old or younger, and all of them would be able to integrate into Rodger's possession based style. 
      Bier
      Re: Fantasy Team Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 27, 2012 07:50:10 pm
      Jetro Willems has a contract untill 2016. Don't rate him myself, bit of a blind horse going forward, and bad defensively. I think he lacks the vision and intelligence to develop into a top player.

Interesting thread, I'll post my picks a bit later.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #2: Dec 27, 2012 07:53:36 pm
      we all know who to get rid off
      look at these
      walcott f
      lanzini acm
      tello
      glenn murray crystal palace
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Dec 27, 2012 08:26:26 pm
      OUT: Cole, Downing, Doni, Carroll (others, but those are a must)

IN: Isco (13m), Jordy Clasie (4.4m), Aubameyang (6.2m), Toby Alderweireld (8.8m), Stevan Jovetic (22m)

ALL NUMBERS VIA TRANSFERMARKET

The Outs are obvious. All 4 have no future here and on wages we need to knock off. I won't even add up what we get for all 4. Carroll to West Ham obviously would give us some money back.

Isco would be my first buy. Stunning player who has it all. He could slot in right behind Suarez and fit him absolutely perfectly. Creative, dynamic, goals and confidence. Superb player.

Jordy Clasie for me is a better version of Joe Allen. A very creative player who plays deeper in the midfield. He has a range of passing and puts his foot in the tackle. Next to Lucas he could be a real gem of a player.

Aubameyang - a young goal scorer from St. Etienne. Poacher of a high order. Stands out every time I watch him and is a hard worker. He is athletic, scores with both feet and has one on one abilities. I think he could become a top player with us.

Capoue - Versatile, tall, strong. Has it all for me. He's good on the ball, scores goals with his head on set pieces. He can play in the midfield or in center defense. Physically dominating at times in France.

Jovetic - Stunning player who can play anywhere on the field. He has more pace then most think, one on one abilities, goals, passing range and a ton of invention. A player who could turn a match on it's head with a blink of an eye.

Good thread :D Makes me dream
      Bier
      Reply #4: Dec 28, 2012 02:18:51 am
      Assuming Ince and Sturridge are indeed coming in like you said harry, I'd try to add the following players.

Filip Djuricic(AM): 5-6 million. Still just 20, but a real number 10. Will develop into a great player for us. Wants to leave his club, and will leave either this winter or summer, contract untill 2014.

Leo Baptistao(Striker): 6.5 million release clause. This season's revelation at Rayo Vallecano, just 20 years old. Supposed to have a release clause, but even without it he shouldn't be more expensive than 6-7 million.

Jeroen Zoet(GK): 1-2 million. 21 years old and the current Netherlands under 21 keeper, been called up a few times to the real national team aswell and should be a contender for that position within a few years. PSV has loaned him out for a 2nd year in a row now to RKC where he has been impressing each week. Has a contract untill 2014 with PSV who were planning to slot him in next season, but now Zoet has come out and said he's unsure about his future at PSV.

Bruno Martins Indi(CB, LB): 5-7 million. 20 years old, the current LB of choice for the Dutch national team, although his best position is CB. Feyenoord are still recovering from financial problems and should be ok with selling him.

Simon Rolfes(DM): Free. Contract running out this season. A player you can depend on in midfield, and cover for Lucas if needed. Someone who sets the right example and is a leader. He's 30 years old, but still at the top of his game and has several good years left in him and we need some experience too with all these youngsters added. Currently captain of 2nd placed Leverkusen.

I think these are realistic targets that would immediately improve us, but more so would drastically improve us over the next 2 years and on, at a relative low cost of 17-20 million. Add Ince and Sturridge to that and we'd have spend less than 40 million for 7 players.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2012 02:29:29 am by Bier »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #5: Dec 28, 2012 01:02:29 pm
      Ince and Sturridge (combined 18m?) will probably be done so...

OUT: Carroll (18m from West Ham?), Downing (5m), Henderson (8m), Cole (free), Jones (free), Carragher (retired), Doni (free), Flanagan (loan)

IN:

Isco (15m) - Looked amazing everytime I've seen him play. Would be a great number 10 behind the main striker

Butland (6m) - Young keeper with the potential to be great. Would give Reina some much needed competition

Schurrle (15m) - Can play on the left or up top, would add goals and pace to the side.

Wanyama (7m) - Would add bite to our midfield, a much more creative player than he is given credit for as well. Been top class in the Champions League for Celtic.

Howedes (13m) - Looks a great centre back from the few times I've watched some Bundesliga games.

Llorente (free) - Don't think we will get him if Suarez continues to play down the middle (or Sturridge does) plus I think a lot of clubs could double the wages we'd be prepared to offer him.

Thats £18m in the winter and a net of roughly £25m in the summer, love dreaming :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Dec 28, 2012 01:52:50 pm
      Out:

Cole, Downing, Carroll.

In:

Sturridge, Ince. Presumed.
      Sissoko or Diame.
      Honda or Diego.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 28, 2012 05:13:45 pm
      Out: Cole , Downing, Carrol
      In: Sturridge,Ince
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Dec 28, 2012 10:40:42 pm
      Out: Cole (free), Downing (5m), Carroll (17m), Doni (free), Carra (retired), Spearing (2m) = 24 Million in Fees.

In:

Isco (17m) - He has a buyout clause of 17m in his contract. Match it and sign him up. He absolutely oozes class and he'd be the player I'd have #1 on my list of priorities.

Ince (5m) - He's a really talented young player. Moved on leaps and bounds since leaving us. Think he'd be a good signing to give Sterling competition.

Sahin (10m) - Whilst he hasn't shown it for us yet, he's absolute class. Get him tied up permanently. I don't think he'd cost much more than 10 or so million and I think it'd be fantastic having him in a trio with Isco and Lucas.

Caulker (9m) - Would be a good replacement for Carragher. Would provide competition along with Coates, for Skrtel and Agger.

Wanyama (11m) - Can function as a CB, but also as Lucas' cover. Is a real beast and would add steel.

Sturridge (12m) - Will be a good signing. Can play anywhere across the front 3, and will get goals.

Villa (loan) - Get him on a season loan. He'd do us the world of good, and would also help the likes of Yesil and Morgan in their development.

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Sahin, Isco; Suarez, Villa, Sturridge.

Jones; Kelly, Caulker, Coates, Robinson; Wanyama, Allen, Gerrard; Ince, Borini, Sterling.

Quick Reply