Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread

Read 835360 times
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Re: The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread
      Reply #1932: Jul 06, 2011 03:43:27 pm
      He's full of sh*t him mate, he told me that one of those nice mancunian players, you know the ones where the sun shines out of their arses had been shagging a bird of big brother.

could have read been shagging a bird off big and little brother
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1933: Jul 06, 2011 03:43:33 pm
      Henderson can play wide but where are you proposing Adam will play that isn't 'central'?

Carroll  Suarez

Gerrard
      Adam     Henderson
            Lucas
         DEFENSE
            Pepe

I'm assuming that's what the diamond Mac_red is talking about will look like, with Raul and Aquilani being possible starters instead.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #1934: Jul 06, 2011 03:54:14 pm
      Carroll  Suarez

Gerrard
      Adam     Henderson
            Lucas
         DEFENSE
            Pepe

I'm assuming that's what the diamond Mac_red is talking about will look like, with Raul and Aquilani being possible starters instead.

Did I miss the meeting when Lucas became Claude Makelele?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1935: Jul 06, 2011 03:59:12 pm
      He's full of sh*t him mate, he told me that one of those nice mancunian players, you know the ones where the sun shines out of their arses had been shagging a bird of big brother.

He got that spot on didn't he? :D :P
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #1936: Jul 06, 2011 04:02:18 pm
      Blackpool_BFCBlackpool FC News
      The undisclosed fee regarding Charlie Adam is £9Million + 2 Players going the other way.

Who's the two players? if its Shelvey it better be on loan.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1937: Jul 06, 2011 04:04:09 pm

Apparently you didn't really watch him play this last season....  He frequently played as a holding midfielder to protect the back four.  He stayed deep and rarely ventured forward.  He is not Makelele, but he has been transformed into a holding midfielder with his tackling ability and disciplined positioning.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #1938: Jul 06, 2011 04:05:12 pm
      Blackpool_BFCBlackpool FC News
      The undisclosed fee regarding Charlie Adam is £9Million + 2 Players going the other way.

Who's the two players? if its Shelvey it better be on loan.

Hopefully Poulson and Konchesky for good
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1939: Jul 06, 2011 04:05:21 pm
      Charlie Adam deal supposedly coming to an end I been told, not sure which way it's going but will be done or left in next 48 hours.

Did you mean 4 to 8 hours;)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1940: Jul 06, 2011 04:05:40 pm

Yeah you did, I dont blame you though, it was a long meeting, last for about 30ish matches. ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1941: Jul 06, 2011 04:07:07 pm
      could have read been shagging a bird off big and little brother

Rather that than big cook, little cook.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #1942: Jul 06, 2011 04:09:48 pm
      7 million + Konchesky permanently and Shelvey on loan. That's my guess :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1943: Jul 06, 2011 04:13:07 pm
      7 million + Konchesky permanently and Shelvey on loan. That's my guess :D

The rumour is they sent konchesky to give him a piggy back to his medical but konchesky got lost.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #1944: Jul 06, 2011 04:16:36 pm
      The rumour is they sent konchesky to give him a piggy back to his medical but konchesky got lost.

Again! :mad:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1945: Jul 06, 2011 04:16:47 pm
      Carroll  Suarez

Gerrard
      Adam     Henderson
            Lucas
         DEFENSE
            Pepe

Yup, that is the ''diamond'' I was talking about ...

luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #1946: Jul 06, 2011 04:18:07 pm
      just a rumor but...Darby (permanent) and Shelvey (season long loan).
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #1947: Jul 06, 2011 04:20:38 pm
      Apparently you didn't really watch him play this last season....  He frequently played as a holding midfielder to protect the back four.  He stayed deep and rarely ventured forward.  He is not Makelele, but he has been transformed into a holding midfielder with his tackling ability and disciplined positioning.

Yeah I missed last season, where did we finish up?

He played much further forward than where Makelele used to play and he developed a partnership with Spearing which meant one went and one stayed.

My point was, he's not able to defend the whole midfield on his own and anyone who thinks Adam and Henderson will give you enough defensive quality against the top sides is having a laugh.

I was sticking up for Lucas when the world was against him so I don't need to be told about his virtues thanks.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1948: Jul 06, 2011 04:30:25 pm
      According to @WillWatt (friend of Charlie Adam and an inside guy at Blackpool FC)

'Can't go into too much detail at the moment, but my sources suggest we could be close to a breakthrough'
      :D
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1949: Jul 06, 2011 04:43:31 pm
      Yeah I missed last season, where did we finish up?

He played much further forward than where Makelele used to play and he developed a partnership with Spearing which meant one went and one stayed.

My point was, he's not able to defend the whole midfield on his own and anyone who thinks Adam and Henderson will give you enough defensive quality against the top sides is having a laugh.

I was sticking up for Lucas when the world was against him so I don't need to be told about his virtues thanks.

There were plenty of games when Lucas was asked to play as a typical defensive midfielder where he would sit deep, break up play, and pick an easy passes to maintain possession.  Watch a rerun of the Chelsea game at the Bridge.  Lucas was always positioned about 5-10 yards in front of our CB's.  Lucas occasionally had the help of Jay Spearing towards the latter part of the season, but Jay would usually operate as more of a box-to-box player, while Lucas would sit deep and cover the back 4. 

Just because he was not asked to be a lone CDM last season does not mean he is not capable of it.  I would say he is more than capable of doing that job, and the stat that he made the most  tackles of any player in the Prem seems to back that opinion up....
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #1950: Jul 06, 2011 04:48:44 pm
      There were plenty of games when Lucas was asked to play as a typical defensive midfielder where he would sit deep, break up play, and pick an easy passes to maintain possession.  Watch a rerun of the Chelsea game at the Bridge.  Lucas was always positioned about 5-10 yards in front of our CB's.  Lucas occasionally had the help of Jay Spearing towards the latter part of the season, but Jay would usually operate as more of a box-to-box player, while Lucas would sit deep and cover the back 4. 

Just because he was not asked to be a lone CDM last season does not mean he is not capable of it.  I would say he is more than capable of doing that job, and the stat that he made the most  tackles of any player in the Prem seems to back that opinion up....

Chelsea was clearly a one off and we played in a way to negate them.

Where does Kuyt fit since he's better defensively than any of those players mentioned?

Why should Spearing be forgotten after the wonderful end to the season he had?

There's not one player in this league at this moment in time that is good enough to be asked to be a lone defensive midfielder. Not one that possess the tactical nouse, the physical presence and the tackling ability. Lucas had an excellent season and was rightly voted our player of the season and I'd say was the best defensive midfielder in the league by quite a stretch, however playing him as a lone DM with Gerrard up top and Adam and Henderson his only back up, yeah that's suicide.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #1951: Jul 06, 2011 04:53:24 pm
      Chelsea was clearly a one off and we played in a way to negate them.

Where does Kuyt fit since he's better defensively than any of those players mentioned?

Why should Spearing be forgotten after the wonderful end to the season he had?

There's not one player in this league at this moment in time that is good enough to be asked to be a lone defensive midfielder. Not one that possess the tactical nouse, the physical presence and the tackling ability. Lucas had an excellent season and was rightly voted our player of the season and I'd say was the best defensive midfielder in the league by quite a stretch, however playing him as a lone DM with Gerrard up top and Adam and Henderson his only back up, yeah that's suicide.

I think you are stuck in the negative Roy and Rafa era where we used two defensive midfielders.

IMO, attack is the best defence.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1952: Jul 06, 2011 04:55:01 pm
      I think you are stuck in the negative Roy and Rafa era where we used two defensive midfielders.

Yup, I really hated that negative 2008/09 season, when we've scored more goals than any English team ...
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #1953: Jul 06, 2011 05:57:44 pm
      Charlie Adam is Liverpools new No.11

FB gossip.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1954: Jul 06, 2011 06:27:23 pm
      There's not one player in this league at this moment in time that is good enough to be asked to be a lone defensive midfielder.

Really - you dont think so? In that case who is good enough... And IMO Lucas is a great player - he has taken stick for years and improved each season. Are you suggesting that we need to buy a new DMF? Why the negative on Lucas?

On topic apparently Us and the Arse have lodged a bit for Mata...

Quick Reply