Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread

Read 835488 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Re: The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread
      Reply #12627: Dec 28, 2012 05:12:41 pm
      My how half a season changes things. When we originally loaned him everyone was hoping it would be a permanent move...now he get's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What a fickle, fickle bunch.

U don't seem to like Liverpool fans much FL - seem to have spent most of your time since Stoke criticising attitudes.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,447 posts | 6432 
      Reply #12628: Dec 28, 2012 05:13:18 pm
      No , not fickle just meant it's hardly the World shattering news we were all waiting for. He is already at the club on loan so just think as an exclusive it wasn't big news. Hence the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
      Shame you took it the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry fella, I kind of figured we weren't going to have any earth shattering news this transfer window so I guess my expectations have already been tempered. My apologies.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,447 posts | 6432 
      Reply #12629: Dec 28, 2012 05:15:32 pm
      U don't seem to like Liverpool fans much FL - seem to have spent most of your time since Stoke criticising attitudes.

I love Liverpool fans, can't stand moaners who complain just for the sake of complaining. Flattered that you have obviously paid enough attention to my posts to identify a tendency, I always thought most folks ignored my posts :lmao:

If you want to discuss further we should probably take it to PM though and not muddy up a transfer thread with off topic type musings.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #12630: Dec 28, 2012 05:17:07 pm
      Sorry fella, I kind of figured we weren't going to have any earth shattering news this transfer window so I guess my expectations have already been tempered. My apologies.

Apology accepted , I too don't think we'll have any earth shattering news this window , but you know what , hope springs eternal in the human heart.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12631: Dec 28, 2012 05:17:50 pm
      If we can get him on the cheap, I'd be happy with that. I think people who have never really seen him play for Dortmund can't quite appreciate just how good he actually is as a footballer because he hasn't been stellar here -- yet.

This. I'd love a permanent move for Sahin.

As for Butland, I see him closer to Paul Robinson mk. II, rather than Joe Hart mk. II. I'd rather keep Pepe, or go for Ter-Stegen.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #12632: Dec 28, 2012 05:19:42 pm
      They apparently want 14 m. for Sahin.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12633: Dec 28, 2012 05:21:58 pm
      They apparently want 14 m. for Sahin.

No problem, let's throw Downing in and we'll call it even?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #12634: Dec 28, 2012 05:23:33 pm
      I'd love to get Sahin permanently... Is it talk for January or summer?

I love Liverpool fans, can't stand moaners who complain just for the sake of complaining.

I wouldn't confuse debating for complaining

Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #12635: Dec 28, 2012 05:24:45 pm

Well ,  that'll seal the deal , no problem , but surely they'll owe us a mil or 2 .   :f_tongueincheek:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12636: Dec 28, 2012 05:25:50 pm
      Well ,  that'll seal the deal , no problem , but surely they'll owe us a mil or 2 .   :f_tongueincheek:

I like this thinking ;D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #12637: Dec 28, 2012 05:27:30 pm
      I don't see why we would want Sahin permanently.  He's been awful and slow whenever he's played.  Rodgers loves him so much he won't even put him on the bench.  On top of that why would Sahin want to come to us?  he's not playing at all and when he has played Rodgers has had him out of position.  Don't really see the point for either party.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #12638: Dec 28, 2012 05:28:44 pm

We could also include smokin' Joe and they'd owe us at least another , ooooh £500.   :lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12639: Dec 28, 2012 05:28:56 pm
      I don't see why we would want Sahin permanently.  He's been awful and slow whenever he's played.  Rodgers loves him so much he won't even put him on the bench.  On top of that why would Sahin want to come to us?  he's not playing at all and when he has played Rodgers has had him out of position.  Don't really see the point for either party.

Broken nose and surgery from it has kept him off the bench mate.

We could also include smokin' Joe and they'd owe us at least another , ooooh £500.   :lmao:

Hahah
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #12640: Dec 28, 2012 05:29:33 pm
      I love Liverpool fans, can't stand moaners who complain just for the sake of complaining. Flattered that you have obviously paid enough attention to my posts to identify a tendency, I always thought most folks ignored my posts :lmao:

If you want to discuss further we should probably take it to PM though and not muddy up a transfer thread with off topic type musings.

Ok just seemed to me that grumblings of frustration were irking you last few days - no science to it & I'm not stalking you...

yet....

But you should think about a new shade for that lamp in your bedroom - it's looking a bit tired. Plus if you move the telly from the window it'll give a much better view....

From the outside  >:D
      harrydunn08

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #12641: Dec 28, 2012 05:30:50 pm

I believe that the only reason he hasn't been in the squad lately due to a broken nose.  He had a few games where he seemed to link up quite nicely with Suarez.  I think the lad still has a lot to offer us, and I would be happy if we make his loan move permanent.  I think we could get him for roughly 6M, which would be a good bit of business.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,447 posts | 6432 
      Reply #12642: Dec 28, 2012 05:32:29 pm
      Ok just seemed to me that grumblings of frustration were irking you last few days - no science to it & I'm not stalking you...

yet....

But you should think about a new shade for that lamp in your bedroom - it's looking a bit tired. Plus if you move the telly from the window it'll give a much better view....

From the outside  >:D

;D I've been meaning to get rid of that lamp for some time now :lmao:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #12643: Dec 28, 2012 05:33:56 pm
      I believe that the only reason he hasn't been in the squad lately due to a broken nose.  He had a few games where he seemed to link up quite nicely with Suarez.  I think the lad still has a lot to offer us, and I would be happy if we make his loan move permanent.  I think we could get him for roughly 6M, which would be a good bit of business.

Problem is he's a holding midfielder, Rodgers has been playing him bizarrely as an AM, Sahin himself has said it's not the position to get the best out of him, and unfortunately, we've got Lucas as the holding midfielder.  So unless Sahin is happy to go from being the star of a CL Dortmund team and then playing with Real Madrid, to being a backup DM on a mid-table Liverpool club, I doubt he'll stay.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #12644: Dec 28, 2012 05:42:29 pm
      Sahin was a beast at dortmund, he scored and used to make everybody around him play at a high tempo. Wasnt a big surprise that Madrid bought him. If we use him properly then he could be hell of a player. i still want us to sign him permanently if the price is right.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #12645: Dec 28, 2012 05:45:37 pm
      Problem is he's a holding midfielder.

He can play as holding midfielder but he is a proper oldschool CM, who makes the attacking runs and get back to defend. He can play as a DM and AM but he use to to play as CM mostly at dortmund.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #12646: Dec 28, 2012 05:55:14 pm
      Didn't watch him at Dortmund , but I've seen a few YouTube clips and he looks good.
      Madrid apparently paid 8m for him and are adamant they won't accept less than 14 m. However if he isn't in their plans I am sure they will be open to negotiate , but how far under 14 m they will go is anyone's guess.
      He's contracted until 2017. , so I guess they won't accept less than they paid plus a bit extra. If we got him for 10 m we'd have done well.
      That's assuming he wants to stay.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12647: Dec 28, 2012 06:21:36 pm
      Sahin is a top class second midfielder. He is basically coming off of a year off while warming the bench at Madrid. I'd love to have him here and 14 million would be a steal, based on his work at Dortmund.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #12648: Dec 28, 2012 06:32:58 pm
      I'd want to see more of Sahin the first team before deciding to spend 14m on him to be honest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #12649: Dec 28, 2012 06:34:56 pm
      I'd want to see more of Sahin the first team before deciding to spend 14m on him to be honest.

Agree.

It could well be a great signing but let's see him for the second half of the season before committing as he has taken a while to settle so far.

Quick Reply