Re: Marangon Doni (AS Roma)
      Reply #47: Jun 07, 2011 02:08:20 pm
      No he is better than cavalieri by many miles, come on
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #48: Jun 07, 2011 02:14:18 pm
      Just someone else to get piles from sitting on that cold bench.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #49: Jun 07, 2011 02:33:36 pm

Liverpool move for Doni

7 June 2011, 12:21

Liverpool are in talks with Roma to sign Brazilian goalkeeper Alexander Doni, according to the player's agent.

Doni, who is under contract with the Serie A club for a further season, has been strongly linked with a move away from the Eternal City this summer.

"I spoke to the club (Roma) yesterday and they confirmed they are holding talks with Liverpool to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Doni," Doni's agent Ovidio Colucci said.

"Once an agreement is reached betwen the two clubs, we will begin negotiating personal terms with Liverpool.

"Doni would be very happy to join Liverpool and play in the Premier League."

The 31-year-old joined Roma in 2005 from Brazilian side Juventude.

The South American has been an understudy to Julio Sergio in recent seasons, and made 16 league appearances for Roma this term.

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2011/06/07/liverpool_move_for_doni_agent
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Jun 07, 2011 02:42:43 pm
      It could be a loan deal for the season for the bench while Gulasci gets experience?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Jun 07, 2011 02:48:48 pm
      He's awful even when he's playing every week, I wonder how he would be playing just once in a while. And the fact he's already been a Brazilian international, Copa America winner, played the UCL for Roma etc, he probably will be on much bigger wages than our current backup keepers.

But hey, it's not "my" money, why should I give a F**k?  :roll:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #52: Jun 07, 2011 03:00:01 pm
      Someone has to sit on the bench, why not be old keeper and let the young guys go out on loan and get experience. I just find it weird it is Doni, would of thought Kenny would of went domestic like his other targets. I don't mind Doni, sure he is Julio Caesar but doubt your going to get much of a great keeper who knows he is only going to play 5-10 games if Pepe doesn't get hurt. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #53: Jun 07, 2011 03:12:36 pm
      God no. Would eather bring Zelko Kalac back from retirement!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #54: Jun 07, 2011 03:41:59 pm
      He's awful even when he's playing every week, I wonder how he would be playing just once in a while. And the fact he's already been a Brazilian international, Copa America winner, played the UCL for Roma etc, he probably will be on much bigger wages than our current backup keepers.

But hey, it's not "my" money, why should I give a f**k?  :roll:

:gt-happyup:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #55: Jun 07, 2011 03:47:27 pm

So what? Djimi Traoré is a UCL champion and he's f***in awful.

Playing for Brazil under Dunga shouldn't mean that much either. Dudu Cearense, Afonso Alves, Jonatas (a player who was unemployed - yes, NO one wanted him - at the age of 27, now signed for a small club fighting against relegation), Morais... remember those players? And Brazil won the last two Copa Americas playing B teams, just shows you how pathetic our South American rivals have been (they were all using their full strenght).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #56: Jun 07, 2011 04:19:31 pm
      If he's the muppet that let 7 in at the Theatre Of Screams then it's a deffo no from me.

Can't we just get Patrice Luzi back!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #57: Jun 07, 2011 05:52:58 pm

But hey, it's not "my" money, why should I give a F**k?  :roll:

Start a campaign mate; The Kenny and Comoli to sign who Diego wants campaign!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #58: Jun 07, 2011 07:28:49 pm
      No he is better than cavalieri by many miles, come on

Cavaleri was a good number 2.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #59: Jun 07, 2011 08:39:02 pm
      Not good at all
      better if we sing Mahindra Dhoni and make him our captain too.
      He too is a keeper.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #60: Jun 08, 2011 12:06:37 am

didn't Torres call him the 2nd best in the world at one point?!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #61: Jun 08, 2011 01:23:28 pm
      Gonna sound farfetched but maybe we're bringing him in because he's an ex team mate of Aquilani's and we're trying to convince him to stay?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #62: Jun 08, 2011 03:22:44 pm
      Maybe Kenny doesn't rate Jones and we've got a buyer for him?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #63: Jun 08, 2011 04:03:10 pm
      Maybe Kenny doesn't rate Jones and we've got a buyer for him?
      Well Jones is third choice anyway, this transfer is so we can send the second choice Gulcasi on loan for experience.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #64: Jun 08, 2011 04:14:15 pm
      Well Jones is third choice anyway, this transfer is so we can send the second choice Gulcasi on loan for experience.

Reina > Doni > Gulacsi (season long loan, great experience for him) > Jones (periods of short loan spells or season long long with option to buy)

Maybe this will be the new pecking order.  Makes sense to me.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #65: Jun 12, 2011 09:21:53 pm

Reds in the market for keeper

By Juha Pal
      Last Updated: June 12, 2011 3:19pm

Liverpool's back-up goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi has revealed the club are in the market for an experienced shot-stopper this summer.

The Hungarian youngster, who has spent spells with Hereford in Tranmere in the past two seasons, is planning to leave Anfield for another loan stint this term.

But the 21-year-old has revealed that the Anfield outfit are likely to bring in a new face to provide additional cover for established No.1 Pepe Reina, with Brad Jones also on their books.

Gulacsi told Nemzeti Sport: "I had already been thinking about my possible departure in March although that time it wasn't a topic that Brad Friedel or Doni may sign for Liverpool.

"Of course it doesn't mean that I want my contract to be terminated because the team rely on me. When my agents and I indicated to the club officials that I would like to move to another club on loan they agreed with us and thought the same.

"The club said they rely on me for a long period and it made me very proud. But they added if I go then a seasoned goalkeeper may arrive at the club, which is understandable.

"The best way for me to improve is to play regularly. I don't know where I will play but talks are going well. I have offers from England and also from outside of England. I hope within 10 days or two weeks it will be a fact where I will continue my career - on loan."
      Honour

Gulacsi knows he will have his work cut out replaced Reina in the first XI, but is proud to have been named on the bench a number of times under new boss Kenny Dalglish.

He added: "I had a fruitful time at Tranmere last year, I played 16 games. Then I went back to Liverpool in December and I sat on the bench on 19 Premier League games and on four Europa League games.

"It was a great honour and a fine experience. It sounds good to be the second goalkeeper of Liverpool but in this case I don't play. Pepe Reina is another level, I have to improve a lot if I want to be as good as him.

"At the moment it is not going to happen that the Liverpool line-up has my name in and it would be a mistake to wait for Reina's red card or injury. I want to play."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6986174,00.html
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #66: Jun 12, 2011 10:01:05 pm
      Agent Claims Liverpool Have “Agreed Price” for Brazilian International

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/agent-claims-liverpool-have-agreed-price-for-brazilian-international/

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Roma over the signing of Brazilian goalkeeper Doni, with only contract negotiations standing between Kenny Dalglish and another signing as Liverpool boss.

The fee agreed is said to be in the region of just £1 million, but will cast further doubt on the future of current goalkeeper Pepe Reina, despite the Spaniard recently insisting he will remain at Anfield next season.

Reina repeatedly refused to rule out a move away from the club, but now looks likely to stay as the club rebuild under the guidance of Kop favourite Dalglish. Rather than as a first team option, Doni is likely to be introduced as competition for current understudy Brad Jones.

A current goalkeeping option for Liverpool is 21-year-old Peter Gulacsi, but the youngster has insisted that the club are likely to be in the market for a more experienced option, something Doni should prove to be.

Doni – who has been capped 10 times for Brazil – has played for five different clubs in the last decade, making the move to Roma in 2005 and since appearing 172 times for the Giallorossi.

""The club said they rely on me for a long period and it made me very proud," Gulacsi revealed. " But they added if I go then a seasoned goalkeeper may arrive at the club, which is understandable.

""At the moment it is not going to happen that the Liverpool line-up has my name in and it would be a mistake to wait for Reina's red card or injury. I want to play."

At 31-years-old, Doni – or Doniéber Alexander Marangon – looks certain to make a switch to the Premier League in the final few years of a decorated career, after agent Ovidio Colucci confirmed Liverpool have reached an agreement for his client.

"I spoke to the club (Roma) yesterday and they confirmed they are holding talks with Liverpool to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Doni,” Colucci insisted.

"Once an agreement is reached betwen the two clubs, we will begin negotiating personal terms with Liverpool.

"Doni would be very happy to join Liverpool and play in the Premier League."

The signing of Doni will mark another moment in Dalglish’s process of redevelopment at Anfield, with the new American Liverpool owners evidently aware of the need to have strength in depth running throughout the squad. Despite the Fenway Sports Group insisting they wish to sign younger players for the future, they are also displaying that they are willing to bring in more experienced options if the price is modest enough.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #67: Jun 12, 2011 10:02:17 pm
      Would be such a waste of money
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #68: Jun 12, 2011 10:03:16 pm
      Agent Claims Liverpool Have “Agreed Price” for Brazilian International

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/agent-claims-liverpool-have-agreed-price-for-brazilian-international/

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Roma over the signing of Brazilian goalkeeper Doni, with only contract negotiations standing between Kenny Dalglish and another signing as Liverpool boss.

The fee agreed is said to be in the region of just £1 million, but will cast further doubt on the future of current goalkeeper Pepe Reina, despite the Spaniard recently insisting he will remain at Anfield next season.

Ridiculous statement.

Quick Reply